List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Should the AFC offer Taylor Walker a contract for 2025?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Just wondering if anyone else here thinks Matthew Allen from Glenelg deserves a rookie spot on an AFL list? 26 year old, goal kicking midfielder who is a Vice Captain, indicating the Bays rate him as a person and as a leader. In Round 19 he had 30 disposals, 14 marks and kicked 3 goals. Across the season he has averaged 20 disposals, 5 tackles and 6 marks and 3 clearances a game. Just thinking he would certainly be an upgrade on several current Crows players. To me it seems like he has earnt a shot at the AFL, and is too good to be playing SANFL.

Just wondering if anyone else here thinks Matthew Allen from Glenelg deserves a rookie spot on an AFL list? 26 year old, goal kicking midfielder who is a Vice Captain, indicating the Bays rate him as a person and as a leader. In Round 19 he had 30 disposals, 14 marks and kicked 3 goals. Across the season he has averaged 20 disposals, 5 tackles and 6 marks and 3 clearances a game. Just thinking he would certainly be an upgrade on several current Crows players. To me it seems like he has earnt a shot at the AFL, and is too good to be playing SANFL.
Nah, he's SANFL level good but no more.

Not him but i did think had Port had Liam McBean up forward instead of that old broken wharf pier dixon, at least he might have pulled in a few contested marks and banged in a few goals. Mcbean is a very hard player to contain and would well be worth a rookie spot somewhere imo

Not him but i did think had Port had Liam McBean up forward instead of that old broken wharf pier dixon, at least he might have pulled in a few contested marks and banged in a few goals. Mcbean is a very hard player to contain and would well be worth a rookie spot somewhere imo
Not at 30 he probably isnt.

Lachie Hosie probably the better one, tried once at North Melb but that was during Covid Hub and all that.

20 goals from 10 games and seems like a spark, would be a better option than Murphy.\

27 though

Interesting to see how confident people are on Cumming joining but then reports he’s touring both clubs this week. Strange to think he hasn’t made his mind up yet.

Attachments

• IMG_7896.png
    IMG_7896.png
    316.9 KB · Views: 0
Interesting to see how confident people are on Cumming joining but then reports he’s touring both clubs this week. Strange to think he hasn’t made his mind up yet.

I'm not confident at all. Gut feel is that the preference of Cumming is Port but there's a domino or 2 that could/need to fall that is the cause of the delay. With Lukoscious I think the delay is potentially that initial discussions on trade value is too far apart for him to go public with a choice. But I also think we're more desperate than Port for an immediate uplift and using future first, even though it could be pick 4, delays any judgement on list management for 12 months. And Roo should be gone by then. Unless we create a paid role for him, which would be right up our alley.

Smart he is doing his due diligence.

We have the higher offer, but that is no guarantee...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

H
I'm not confident at all. Gut feel is that the preference for Cumming is Port but there's a domino or 2 that could/need to fall that is the cause of the delay. With Lukoscious I think the delay is potentially that initial discussions on trade value is too far apart for him to go public with a choice. But I also think we're more desperate than Port for an immediate uplift and using future first, even though it could be pick 4, delays any judgement on list management for 12 months. And Roo should be gone by then. Unless we create a paid role for him, which would be right up our alley.
aha good call.

Yep it’s weird how confident everyone was on Cumming but then he clearly wanted to see PA when he requested. Lands us with spending all year saying we will be aggressive and like you said forcing ourselves to pay overs for Luko.
If we can land Cummings maybe it might help us to have some more balls to play hard ball. Personally I am happy with a 2nd coming back with Luko for a F1. Because I think we lack class and Luko is that whilst I get he’s not A grade.

Yeah no he isnt.

I know people will say Murphy, but Matt couldnt play small forward in the AFL. He's much like Mitch Grigg was.
Mate, he is 193cm ... Nothing small forward about him LOL. He could play that high half forward role rotating through the mids. He has both an inside and outside game, has some speed, a decent tank, a penetrating left boot, and is an excellent mark. I would be playing Allen ahead of Murphy, McHenry, Jones, Berry, Laird, Pedlar, Cook, Gollant, Hamill, Burgess, Schoenberg, Milera, Smith, Parnell and Sholl

Grigg was a midfielder trying to get a game against Sloane, Thompson, Dangerfield, Crouch and Crouch. Our current midfield of Dawson, Laird, Crouch, Soligo, Berry and Rankine is not as formidable as our 2014-15 midfield. Additionally, given that Grigg was a dual Magarey Medallist as a midfielder, he certainly had a fair bit of ability, and was not a small forward.

McBean could be recruited as key forward / ruck back up as an interim measure. Basically filling a void until the new recruits are mature enough to do the job, similar to a J-Pod situation. McBean would be a better option at AFL level than Burgess, Himmelberg and Strachan. Given Tex won't be playing every game, McBean could be a valuable option alongside Thilthorpe and Fogarty. If Thilthorpe goes down again, McBean would be a straight up replacement.

Mate, he is 193cm ... Nothing small forward about him LOL. He could play that high half forward role rotating through the mids. He has both an inside and outside game, has some speed, a decent tank, a penetrating left boot, and is an excellent mark. I would be playing Allen ahead of Murphy, McHenry, Jones, Berry, Laird, Pedlar, Cook, Gollant, Hamill, Burgess, Schoenberg, Milera, Smith, Parnell and Sholl

Grigg was a midfielder trying to get a game against Sloane, Thompson, Dangerfield, Crouch and Crouch. Our current midfield of Dawson, Laird, Crouch, Soligo, Berry and Rankine is not as formidable as our 2014-15 midfield. Additionally, given that Grigg was a dual Magarey Medallist as a midfielder, he certainly had a fair bit of ability, and was not a small forward.

McBean could be recruited as key forward / ruck back up as an interim measure. Basically filling a void until the new recruits are mature enough to do the job, similar to a J-Pod situation. McBean would be a better option at AFL level than Burgess, Himmelberg and Strachan. Given Tex won't be playing every game, McBean could be a valuable option alongside Thilthorpe and Fogarty. If Thilthorpe goes down again, McBean would be a straight up replacement.
Half of those guys werent in the AFL side to begin with, most of them dont play the role you're suggesting Allen plays at AFL level and he's nowhere near the level of the majority of them.

Dont get into list management.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Back