List Mgmt. 2022 List Management: Draft, Trade and FA Pt2: Electric Boogaloo

Remove this Banner Ad

s**t body on body work and zero leap is not a great mix for an undersized KPF

Mihocek type workhorse …… maybe
Treacy? Shit leap?

He's got a leap on him.... It might not be huge but it's certainly there. TWA-0124976_T.JPG

On the east coast (2 hours to Melbourne, same time zone)
Not a football city (easier lifestyle for high profile players)
Cheaper than Sydney or Melbourne
Warm
Lions are a reasonably well run club
Fagan and the Hawthorn connection was significant - luring Hodge there and the flow-on effects.
Not much of a destination in the few years before that was it?

Mihocek debuted at age 25. He’s 29. Treacy is still 20.

I’m hopeful Treacy could become a Tex Walker type.

I’m sure it took Mihocek a long time to convince AFL recruiters that he could be effective at the next level due to the same athletic profile concerns as Treacy will have to find a way to overcome if he’s going to make it

thats the realm of complete fantasy lol
3kxj7pYBGgn_3NBfTX4x2IhkZGxMi6snYBAzyGy0EAs.gif

I’m sure it took Mihocek a long time to convince AFL recruiters that he could be effective at the next level due to the same athletic profile concerns as Treacy will have to find a way to overcome if he’s going to make it

Mihocek was also mainly a defender until he was drafted. Not sure he would’ve lasted long in the system if Collingwood hadn’t swung him forward early in his AFL career.

Wasn't mihocek mostly playing as a defender before drafted?

Yep. And Ben Brown was a ruck.

Doesn’t happen often but players do sometimes end up in the wrong role and don’t get drafted because of it.

I wonder how many Brody Mihoceks and Ben Browns just stayed in the same role and were never discovered because of it.

Yep. And Ben Brown was a ruck.

Doesn’t happen often but players do sometimes end up in the wrong role and don’t get drafted because of it.

I wonder how many Brody Mihoceks and Ben Browns just stayed in the same role and were never discovered because of it.
People love to criticise Harves, with reason, but being able to play well at both ends of the ground as a player clearly broadened his thinking in terms of trying different positional moves for players as a coach. Mundy an obvious example of that flexible thinking

(Log in to remove this ad.)

People love to criticise Harves, with reason, but being able to play well at both ends of the ground as a player clearly broadened his thinking in terms of trying different positional moves for players as a coach. Mundy an obvious example of that flexible thinking
No.
Harves did that wrong. Pavlich never should have wasted his career in the midfield when clearly on his day he was one of the best CHF of his era.
McPharlin and MJ up forward too. Yuck. He tried McPhee there too

No.
Harves did that wrong. Pavlich never should have wasted his career in the midfield when clearly on his day he was one of the best CHF of his era.
McPharlin and MJ up forward too. Yuck. He tried McPhee there too
Pav was a trailblazer who demanded to be played in the midfield. He rightly saw it as the path to being considered absolutely elite, and to winning a Charlie (which of course sadly never happened). No one was going to stop him, he did his own extensive fitness program away from the club to force their hand. And thank god he did, we got to see it.

And Hunter Clark losing interest now with all the Clarko stuff happening..
Great result for us…

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2022 List Management: Draft, Trade and FA Pt2: Electric Boogaloo

Remove this Banner Ad

Back