List Mgmt. 2022 List Management: Draft, Trade and FA Pt2: Electric Boogaloo

Remove this Banner Ad

I’d say it’s you who doesn’t understand how this works.

Or you know ..they can not give up so much in the first place and then not have to worry about getting something back in return??
I’m happy for anyone too book mark this call. Like I said I’m more then happy to be wrong but don’t be surprised when freo give up 8 & F1

I’d say it’s you who doesn’t understand how this works.

Or you know ..they can not give up so much in the first place and then not have to worry about getting something back in return??
Look at all the trades that are 2 firsts rounders? They also get something better back when the picks are better….

Can’t help but think the Acres trade may be opening a few things up for us tbh. I notice the article said the Future 3rd was the main part of the deal so there’s more to it.

Maybe for example we do three deals reasonably early:

Freo: Future 3rd and Pick 64
Carlton: Acres and Pick 72

Freo: Pick 8
Port: Pick 13 and Future 2nd

Freo: Future 2nd (PP) and Future 3rd (PP)
NM: Logue, Tucker, Future 3rd

We then have Pick 8, Future 1st and Future 2nd (PP) to get the deal done. AFL rules state we can only trade one of the future picks. We can spend trade period arguing about which of those two picks we give and what pick/s (if any) Melbourne give us back.

Future 3rd (PP) on the table for Sharp. If we can convince Corbett to come as well it’s a bonus but I doubt he adds much value to the trade tbh. Coming around to Burgess tbh - I don’t rate him much but his ability to play multiple roles would be useful I guess.

Can’t help but think the Acres trade may be opening a few things up for us tbh. I notice the article said the Future 3rd was the main part of the deal so there’s more to it.

Maybe for example we do three deals reasonably early:

Freo: Future 3rd and Pick 64
Carlton: Acres and Pick 72

Freo: Pick 8
Port: Pick 13 and Future 2nd

Freo: Future 2nd (PP) and Future 3rd (PP)
NM: Logue, Tucker, Future 3rd

We then have Pick 8, Future 1st and Future 2nd (PP) to get the deal done. AFL rules state we can only trade one of the future picks. We can spend trade period arguing about which of those two picks we give and what pick/s (if any) Melbourne give us back.

Future 3rd (PP) on the table for Sharp. If we can convince Corbett to come as well it’s a bonus but I doubt he adds much value to the trade tbh. Coming around to Burgess tbh - I don’t rate him much but his ability to play multiple roles would be useful I guess.
Not you too.

I will spit chips if we upgrade our first to satisfy Melbourne

Last edited:
And Bowes replaces Tucker as an experienced midfielder to cover injuries/form in the 22.

In 2020 Jack Bowes was 2nd in their running trials so maybe he can play wing...

.... the winner of that running was Josh Corbett though, so perhaps he is the budget wing.

They’ll get something back…
Hmmm unless its a pick between 20-25 then its a nope from me. Melbourne could legit be getting 2 top 10 picks here if we dont finish in the 8 next year. There is a very real chance we dont play finals next year with the players we are losing this offseason and Jackson to me isnt worth 2 top 10 picks

Hmmm unless its a pick between 20-25 then its a nope from me. Melbourne could legit be getting 2 top 10 picks here if we dont finish in the 8 next year. There is a very real chance we dont play finals next year with the players we are losing this offseason and Jackson to me isnt worth 2 top 10 picks

Should be North Melbourne’s PP that joins Pick 8 in the Jackson trade imo.

I think the AFL has moved on since the Tim Kelly trade tbh. It’s the only recent example of a club paying more than two first rounders for a player and it blew up in West Coast’s face. I don’t count the Jeremy Cameron trade as three first rounders as what GWS gave Geelong (ie two second rounders) significantly offset that.

Should be North Melbourne’s PP that joins Pick 8 in the Jackson trade imo.

I think the AFL has moved on since the Tim Kelly trade tbh. It’s the only recent example of a club paying more than two first rounders for a player and it blew up in West Coast’s face. I don’t count the Jeremy Cameron trade as three first rounders as what GWS gave Geelong (ie two second rounders) significantly offset that.
Absolutely. I mean Id be ok with a little more than that trade. But from what people are saying, next years draft is awsome. Id be fighting tooth and nail to keep that future first

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Getting this sinking feeling that we'll get F2 (PP) and F4 for Logue and Tucker. F3 for Acres, a 4th rounder for Meek and then get royally shafted by Melbourne for Jackson.
No way we accept a 4th rounder for Meek. We could get him for that when he's OOC next year. Only way we trade him this year is if we can get him for at least 35.

Hargreaves indignant that Jackson is going to nominate just us and not WA. I'm sure he'll feel the exact same about every player traded too.
who the **** is that
I think that's what it will be as well but I dont really see how Sharp should be worth as much as Acres tbh. That's a pretty s**t deal but maybe we can get more out of Sharp then GC can
age factor i suppose but yeah sucks
that sounds like Jay Clark continuing his thought bubble from yesterday - this below quote doesn't indicate anything beyond a hypothetical
But watch Fremantle look to swap its first-round pick with a club such as Port Adelaide to move up the first-round pecking order in a bid to satisfy the Demons.

The pick swaps will fly thick and fast in 2022.

Fremantle currently has pick 14 and could swap with the Power for pick eight and then off-load Fremantle’s future first-rounder to give the Dees’ the two prized choices they crave to stamp the deal.

Port would want a second-rounder in return for shuffling back a few spots in the first-round with the Dockers.
lots of 'such as' and 'could' or 'would' in there.

from memory from the Hogan trade days, he's a Melbourne mouth piece which I reckon explains this.

13 + F2 (North PP) is the most we should be offering. It isn't like we would be screwing Melbourne (which they did to us with Langdon), we would still be giving them a good bounty that they can parlay into Grundy or whatever else they have cooking. If Melbourne don't like it, then stiff shit. They get nothing if he walks to WC in the PSD.

Look at Taranto and Hopper. Both of those players have had far better careers than Jackson to date. He has a higher ceiling, but lower floor, so it balances out and his worth should be similar. Yet the media is spinning it as if Jackson is worth more than Taranto + Hopper combined.

Getting this sinking feeling that we'll get F2 (PP) and F4 for Logue and Tucker. F3 for Acres, a 4th rounder for Meek and then get royally shafted by Melbourne for Jackson.

Don’t see why we’d get much more for Logue and Tucker based on how they’ve performed at AFL level tbh.

I see people saying we should get a future second for Meek. He hasn’t shown enough to warrant that and we won’t get that. I do however think if we’re offered a fourth rounder for Meek he’ll be at the club next season.

Its not really a strategy though. We don't want him (at least at market rate), I'm not sure why we play hardball and push him to the PSD to then lose him for nothing?
If he goes to the PSD a lowly club gets him, which is strategically much better than Carlton landing him.

It sends a clear message that reasonable trades are respected but low ball trades rejected.

A 3rd rounder has minimal value to us. We may as well hold Western. If there really is a trade available like a 3rd for Sharp, fine, but I'm cynical about that.

13 + F2 (North PP) is the most we should be offering. It isn't like we would be screwing Melbourne (which they did to us with Langdon), we would still be giving them a good bounty that they can parlay into Grundy or whatever else they have cooking. If Melbourne don't like it, then stiff s**t. They get nothing if he walks to WC in the PSD.

Look at Taranto and Hopper. Both of those players have had far better careers than Jackson to date. He has a higher ceiling, but lower floor, so it balances out and his worth should be similar. Yet the media is spinning it as if Jackson is worth more than Taranto + Hopper combined.

I want to keep North’s f2 at all costs it will pretty much be a 1st rounder because they aren’t climbing up next year.

Won’t get past 14th

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I want to keep North’s f2 at all costs it will pretty much be a 1st rounder because they aren’t climbing up next year.

Won’t get past 14th

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I’d still rather keep our F1 and trade norths F2 with pick 13 to land Jackson. If we do end up trading 13 & F1 for Jackson the definitely need to keep PP F2 from north as it will be our 1st pick next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2022 List Management: Draft, Trade and FA Pt2: Electric Boogaloo

Remove this Banner Ad

Back