List Mgmt. 2022 List Management: Draft, Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

We should structure our entire salary cap around attracting Shai Bolton as a free agent.

Shai Bolton needs to sign for one more year to get his current deal to free agency

Shai Bolton needs to sign for one more year to get his current deal to free agency
Dammit, I was hoping if Sturt didn't get up we would pursue Shai when his contract ends. Why tf wouldn't he sign for the extra year?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is it a club that asks or him?

I believe the AFL will grant permission based off the interest from AFL clubs. Not sure who actually asks for it.

For example if I nominated for MSD, a bloke in his late 20s that hasn’t played footy in a decade (and lacks any footy skill whatsoever) probably doesn’t get an exemption. Although who knows how desperate West Coast are by then.

Derksen probably does get exemption though. As I said on the WAFL thread, I don’t think he’s top 5 in the MSD quality at this stage but he does have some ability - he may well slip through to us imo.

Will be interesting to see what contracts are offered to players who are out of contract years end...I did a post about this earlier.

We have quite a few in our current best 22 who are having a very good season so far...Acres, Coyler, Aish, Pearce, Logue, Noddy.

Will be interesting to see what contracts are offered to players who are out of contract years end...I did a post about this earlier.

We have quite a few in our current best 22 who are having a very good season so far...Acres, Coyler, Aish, Pearce, Logue, Noddy.
Can we only offer Acres a 1 year deal. He plays better when playing for a contract.

Can we only offer Acres a 1 year deal. He plays better when playing for a contract.
Definitely have players playing well for their next contract... you'd imagine he'd want at least 2-3 years... it's one of those borderline ones as you don't want to commit to too long and potentially have the player underperform after 1 good season but could lose them to another club if they feel they deserve more in terms of contract length and/or money.

Definitely have players playing well for their next contract... you'd imagine he'd want at least 2-3 years... it's one of those borderline ones as you don't want to commit to too long and potentially have the player underperform after 1 good season but could lose them to another club if they feel they deserve more in terms of contract length and/or money.
1 year with an option for second if he meets certain criteria.

Agree , it is fine line.

Can I check.

We have a player who is likely to finish high in the Doig this year playing his role in a dominant fashion, and posters are suggesting a 1 year contract; have I got that right?

In reality what we should be aware of is that he will be offered more for longer by a team desperate to rebuild their midfield, and who won't need to trade anything to get him.

Can I check.

We have a player who is likely to finish high in the Doig this year playing his role in a dominant fashion, and posters are suggesting a 1 year contract; have I got that right?

In reality what we should be aware of is that he will be offered more for longer by a team desperate to rebuild their midfield, and who won't need to trade anything to get him.
In context. He has played 5 good games in 3 Years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back