List Mgmt. 2022 List Management: Draft, Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the cut of his jib, but would he be snapped in twine on an AFL field?
No chance of Thorne getting drafted. Heā€™s jus too small.
Itā€™s a real pity Western got injured. He looked ready to put real pressure on Colyer when he picked up that knock.
Anyone know when heā€™s due back?

No chance of Thorne getting drafted. Heā€™s jus too small.
Itā€™s a real pity Western got injured. He looked ready to put real pressure on Colyer when he picked up that knock.
Anyone know when heā€™s due back?
Western trained with the rehab on Thursday. Didnā€™t do much but was not in any discomfort when jogging.

How many of those 545m were horizontal and how many were vertical ļø

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com
Acres has surprised me this year with his commitment,hard running and a couple of ripper goals - but Iā€™m pretty sure GC were pretty happy with him getting possies yesterday as he rarely tried to hit up a target and consistently just bombed it long down the wing

Acres has surprised me this year with his commitment,hard running and a couple of ripper goals - but Iā€™m pretty sure GC were pretty happy with him getting possies yesterday as he rarely tried to hit up a target and consistently just bombed it long down the wing
To be fair the entire forward line was standing still

I don't mind that in wet weather football. I think more people had to gain metres, rather than trying to play dry weather football.

I don't mind that in wet weather football. I think more people had to gain metres, rather than trying to play dry weather football.
Some of the dinky little kicks in the forward line were really low percentage and I don't recall any of them coming off. If you are inside the 50 it is a better play to have a shot - even if it misses you can press up for the kick back into play and lock the ball in. I felt like our boys were just all as flat as a tack yesterday, hopefully it is a one-off and they rebound next week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lobb has Zach Clarke written all over him. Does some good things, has the odd good game against weaker opposition but I have no faith in him standing up in finals.
He rarely dominates so it is silly to expect that from him.

What he is is a player who must be manned up on. That is something a coach can use as a part of a balanced forward strategy. Even when both Taberner and Lobb have been available they don't team well together.

The main issue isn't Lobb, it is that we do not have to balanced forward line. We have a forward line that really needs him to dominate, and that's not going to happen.

This is exactly why we can't lose Lobb end of season. Tabbs can't play a full season, Treacy and Amiss aren't ready. We will be fā€™ed.
I agree. But, just to go a bit 'glass half full' on Treacy and Amiss, a full season at Peel and a full pre-season will do wonders for Amiss. His main thing is getting ks into the legs. He already has a lot of AFL tools. Needs to put xp into strength and endurance.

On Treacy, if he holds his spot he should hit 50 games around the back end of next year. Then we will see him explode (hopefully).

Having said that, you're quite right. We don't have a very scary forward 6 right now, and it looks worse if Lobb leaves.

That's good wet weather football. It certainly isn't a day for precision kicking. Doesn't matter how you do it, get it forward. I'm pretty sure the coach is happy to have the contest closer to our forward line than theirs.

the thought has definitely crossed my mind
Not going to lie I have thought about this more than once
There's a little bit of sense there as well from his perspective
  • Chance of absolutely immortalising himself winning a clubs first flag
  • Grandkids can grow up with WA family for a year or two before moving back

There's a little bit of sense there as well from his perspective
  • Chance of absolutely immortalising himself winning a clubs first flag
  • Grandkids can grow up with WA family for a year or two before moving back
does he qualify as a free agent again?

I agree. But, just to go a bit 'glass half full' on Treacy and Amiss, a full season at Peel and a full pre-season will do wonders for Amiss. His main thing is getting ks into the legs. He already has a lot of AFL tools. Needs to put xp into strength and endurance.

On Treacy, if he holds his spot he should hit 50 games around the back end of next year. Then we will see him explode (hopefully).

Having said that, you're quite right. We don't have a very scary forward 6 right now, and it looks worse if Lobb leaves.
Amiss will be ready next year. He has the right attributes and his body shape indicates he will put the necessary weight on by next season, or very close to. Lobb will go as he has indicated previously and he is not the long term answer at FF anyway. He is not consistent and really doesn't play like a FF. Has the odd really good game and then a series of average ones like this week. The decision is do we blood Amiss now even though he is not quite ready or let him build up in The WAFL ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back