List Mgmt. 2022 List Management: Draft, Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, do we still think we don’t need Angus Brayshaw?
Lol

So, do we still think we don’t need Angus Brayshaw?
Lol
Definitely need bigger bodies midfield. Add Fyfe, Johnson and Worner.
Kane Bevan for first round.
I really hope we could work on Meek, especially if Lobb goes.
Darcy and Meek in tandem, but we need players who can score.
Sturt, Erasmus would be a start.

Kane Bevan for first round.
And yep it’s begun already

We’ve just drafted , two top 10 rated big midfielders , added Brodie and are currently contemplating how to fit Fyfe in , yet here we are ,lose a game and it’s all of sudden “we must draft midfielders!!!”

Drafting Bevan would be an absolute total waste of draft capital whilst we still desperately need forwards , of all sizes

And yep it’s begun already

We’ve just drafted , two top 10 rated big midfielders , added Brodie and are currently contemplating how to fit Fyfe in , yet here we are ,lose a game and it’s all of sudden “we must draft midfielders!!!”

Drafting Bevan would be an absolute total waste of draft capital whilst we still desperately need forwards , of all sizes
All depends if we have a top ten pick to get those forwards😜
But I suspect it will be 11-15 mark.
Just like we don’t need more defenders in Chapman.
Mundy, Fyfe? A midfield of Brayshaw, Serong, Brodie, we need more
depth and size.
Bevan kicks goals and if he is best available pick the why not?
You want a forward, trade, free agency, instant results.

Where was Acres today?? He plays 1 good game every 5, Angus will at least play 20 good games a year on the wing. . oh and Angus isn’t a little bitch At the contest.

Then what the hell did we draft Erasmus/Johnson and odriscoll for then???
NOD is playing wing, Erasmus is a forward/mid and Johnson? May start on a wing
too.
Sooner or later we are replacing Mundy, Colyer.
Weideman at the Dees, a swap with Lobb would benefit both clubs if possible.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s games like today we should be looking at to identify weaknesses on the list.
Not blow outs like last week where everyone looks a million bucks.

For me forward craft is in short supply in the list compared to other areas.
Worst still - we have a real problem with Tabs. We are heading into a flag window with a number one key forward aged 28, that has repeatedly shown he simply cannot stay fit for a consistent period of time. This is a massive issue. Just like the wet weather, all it takes is a tabs injury to derail a finals series and years of hard work building the list.
Should we be looking at the likes of sam weideman instead of Brayshaw or Jackson?

Where was Acres today?? He plays 1 good game every 5, Angus will at least play 20 good games a year on the wing. . oh and Angus isn’t a little bitch At the contest.
He's been in our best most weeks bar this week so far this season and that was coming off a Covid enforced week off. He's job is to stay wide of the contest to provide an outlet when we win the ball inside.

Obviously Gus Brayshaw will be an upgrade on acres. I don’t think you will find many arguing with that.
The question is - is it the area of most need to improve the team?
If Brayshaw is available and a FA you get him in no question. Several spots he can fill in.
But I think we need forward talent. Maybe there is someone in the MSD worth a look?

Lobb has Zach Clarke written all over him. Does some good things, has the odd good game against weaker opposition but I have no faith in him standing up in finals.

NOD is playing wing, Erasmus is a forward/mid and Johnson? May start on a wing
too.
Sooner or later we are replacing Mundy, Colyer.
Weideman at the Dees, a swap with Lobb would benefit both clubs if possible.
Yep size in the midfield isn't an issue with our current list even when Mundy retires. . Johnson will be a beast in no time by the looks of how he's already added a decent amount of muscle since being drafted. Like you said NOD is a good size for an outside runner. Acres is a tall winger too. Add Erasmus and Brodie and that's a tall midfield. I also think that Fyfe could play for a fair while yet. All depends on if he gets another injury. Chapman is also the wildcard who if he played mid would give us a super tall midfield option.

It’s games like today we should be looking at to identify weaknesses on the list.
Not blow outs like last week where everyone looks a million bucks.

For me forward craft is in short supply in the list compared to other areas.
Worst still - we have a real problem with Tabs. We are heading into a flag window with a number one key forward aged 28, that has repeatedly shown he simply cannot stay fit for a consistent period of time. This is a massive issue. Just like the wet weather, all it takes is a tabs injury to derail a finals series and years of hard work building the list.
Should we be looking at the likes of sam weideman instead of Brayshaw or Jackson?
Fyfe and Brodie rotating forward might help out in the short to mid term.

IMO, To have a crack at a premiership this year, ideally I'd like us to pick up another hard tackling small forward... We missed Switta and Walters so much today.

A goal kicking small would be a better pick-up obviously, but you don't find those in abundance in a mid-season draft. Finding someone small, quick and nimble however who tackles hard and creates turnovers in the F50 seems far more do-able. Given the amount of scoring we create through forward half turnovers, players like switta are just irreplaceable (as today's scoreline partially demonstrates).

IMO, To have a crack at a premiership this year, ideally I'd like us to pick up another hard tackling small forward... We missed Switta and Walters so much today.

A goal kicking small would be a better pick-up obviously, but you don't find those in abundance in a mid-season draft. Finding someone small, quick and nimble however who tackles hard and creates turnovers in the F50 seems far more do-able. Given the amount of scoring we create through forward half turnovers, players like switta are just irreplaceable (as today's scoreline partially demonstrates).
So who should we target in the MSD?

There’s a kid from TAS in the SANFL going well, Jye Menzie but I think he will be gone by our pick in the MSD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back