List Mgmt. 2022 List Management: Draft, Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It not about comparing it’s about a list need. It mightn’t be Schache but freo definitely need to bring another key forward in

What role do you see that player filling? I don't want to spend long terms and big dollars luring over an interstate player to play in the WAFL in case Taberner is injured until Amiss and Treacy take that place themselves.

Is it the ruck/foward role? We definitely need a contested marking option up the field for those long kicks we get picked off at the moment with only Darcy to kick it to - I'm not sure there are any contested marks that have the athleticism who aren't going to be highly valued by their current club.

So compare the first 2 years of their careers, for Schache the first two years of his career at the Brisbane Lions, Schache played 27 games and kicked 25 goals.
Treacy in his first 2 years, played 19 games for 14 goals. Pretty same same.

I’m not saying Treacy won’t make it, I just don’t think our club is in any position to turn down a free chance at a key forward, how do we know he won’t do a Will Brodie? yes he may not work but what have we lost if he doesn’t?

If you were given the choice, as a third party, between taking Treacy or Schache which would you choose?

I think every club would pick Treacy because of what he might be with more opportunity at the top level and some natural improvement and growth from sustained stacked preseasons.

We are comparing a guy who was a teenager a month ago with a guy who has failed to stake a claim to a spot in a side as a forward in six years such that he had to play defender - and even though his side is terrible with key backs, still didn't get a look in there.

Athletically he might not be up to it.

If that's the case we may as well stick some angry pills up Hugh Dixon's bum and play him instead.

schache has had many opportunities in sides that badly needed KPFs and has still mostly played 2's, i think that says a lot. the eye test in his afl appearances likewise also suggests a lot.

Henry is a tricky one because he does some things very well but is also missing a couple of traits that will make you a very good afl player.
1. He doesn't seem to have goal sense at this stage.
2. He can't kick a goal from outside 45 metres and I haven't seen him snap one from outside 30.
3. He's a bit too small. This can be overcome but he's also a bit too timid.

Obviously his positives are his incredible skills and decision making but he is lacking a few important ingredients in ever being an A grade player in the AFL. Love to be wrong.
He may not become A grade, but not many of ours are. He is just maturing a bit slower than others on the list I reckon.

If you were given the choice, as a third party, between taking Treacy or Schache which would you choose?

I think every club would pick Treacy because of what he might be with more opportunity at the top level and some natural improvement and growth from sustained stacked preseasons.

We are comparing a guy who was a teenager a month ago with a guy who has failed to stake a claim to a spot in a side as a forward in six years such that he had to play defender - and even though his side is terrible with key backs, still didn't get a look in there.

Athletically he might not be up to it.

If that's the case we may as well stick some angry pills up Hugh Dixon's bum and play him instead.
You’re taking me the wrong way I would choose Treacy as well, Im just saying we most likely are not going to find a Peter Wright type to join us, and sadly whoever we find is going to be uninspiring so why not try someone who would be basically free.

What role do you see that player filling? I don't want to spend long terms and big dollars luring over an interstate player to play in the WAFL in case Taberner is injured until Amiss and Treacy take that place themselves.

Is it the ruck/foward role? We definitely need a contested marking option up the field for those long kicks we get picked off at the moment with only Darcy to kick it to - I'm not sure there are any contested marks that have the athleticism who aren't going to be highly valued by their current club.
He’s not going to be on big money…. I see him playing deep role. I think Jackson plays the lead up forward. Him tabs amiss and treacy fight it out for 2 spots… I just think Schache because lobb is likely going to dogs… a 2nd rounder and a Schache is a good deal in my eyes.

I would choose Treacy as well, I still don’t see why we wouldn’t take a free punt at Schache considering we are about to lose a key forward 🤷🏼‍♂️
Treacy is along way off it at this stage… in the 4 games he’s played this year he has struggled… yes you no what your getting with Schache but I think he could thrive under JL

I would like to see (Jackson), Logue and Treacy rotating 2nd ruck and forward.

I would choose Treacy as well, I still don’t see why we wouldn’t take a free punt at Schache considering we are about to lose a key forward 🤷🏼‍♂️
He’s not going to be on big money…. I see him playing deep role. I think Jackson plays the lead up forward. Him tabs amiss and treacy fight it out for 2 spots… I just think Schache because lobb is likely going to dogs… a 2nd rounder and a Schache is a good deal in my eyes.

He isn't going to be free. In trade I expect he would but I think there's going to be $1,200,000 on the table over three or four years to lure a player who already rushed home from Brisbane back out of Victoria again. That's what Acres landed here with and he was in a similar crossroads of his career at St Kilda.

Difference being that I don't think we can guarantee a tall forward a spot in the AFL side, the role isn't available. Replacing Lobb with Jackson and our structure is exactly the same. Plus Treacy and Amiss pushing for games after their own preseason.

I don't think any AFL side can expect to remain competitive losing all five of their tall forward options to injury like we did last weekend, so I wouldn't want to base recruiting on having more backup for that circumstance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He isn't going to be free. In trade I expect he would but I think there's going to be $1,200,000 on the table over three or four years to lure a player who already rushed home from Brisbane back out of Victoria again. That's what Acres landed here with and he was in a similar crossroads of his career at St Kilda.

Difference being that I don't think we can guarantee a tall forward a spot in the AFL side, the role isn't available. Replacing Lobb with Jackson and our structure is exactly the same. Plus Treacy and Amiss pushing for games after their own preseason.

I don't think any AFL side can expect to remain competitive losing all five of their tall forward options to injury like we did last weekend, so I wouldn't want to base recruiting on having more backup for that circumstance.
Fair point there regarding his price, I see him as a backup and wouldn’t expect him to be consistent best 22 either, I don’t want to actively pursue him at all but if he was steak knives in the Lobb deal I’d take him is my point.

Shannon Neale.

3 seasons development in Geelongs system
200cm, athletic and can take a monster grab.
Best part OOC end of next year and outside of going nuts next season should be a reasonable price.

Side note Only signed 1 yr extension on top of his rookie contract ala Jackson , could be nothing but is a little surprising as may mean he wants to consider his options long term.

Fair point there regarding his price, I see him as a backup and wouldn’t expect him to be consistent best 22 either, I don’t want to actively pursue him at all but if he was steak knives in the Lobb deal I’d take him is my point.

If it's just a matter of $200,000 a year for two years and a spot on the list there's very little risk.

Tom Hawkins is very confident of playing on in 2023 for a guy who hasn't signed a deal with Geelong yet.

I understand the point of a Schache type, it's for when Tabs gets inevitably injured next year we would be better off playing an actual key forward instead of what we're doing now (playing mids like Fyfe/Banfield as key forwards).

Schache sucks though, 72 games in the AFL and hasn't shown much at all. Don't really know who else we could go after though.

Hopefully Treacy has a full preseason so he could play in the AFL instead of the WAFL for when Tabs is injured.

I understand the point of a Schache type, it's for when Tabs gets inevitably injured next year we would be better off playing an actual key forward instead of what we're doing now (playing mids like Fyfe/Banfield as key forwards).

Schache sucks though, 72 games in the AFL and hasn't shown much at all. Don't really know who else we could go after though.

Hopefully Treacy has a full preseason so he could play in the AFL instead of the WAFL for when Tabs is injured.
Sucks? He’s 24 now averages more then a goal a game in those 72… everyone knows takes talls longer. Lobb is 30 and this his best season

Shannon Neale.

Best part OOC end of next year and outside of going nuts next season should be a reasonable price.

Side note Only signed 1 yr extension on top of his rookie contract ala Jackson , could be nothing but is a little surprising as may mean he wants to consider his options long term.
Don't mind getting him tbh but let's not pretend he's any more likely to make a significant contribution next year as Treacy or Amiss is.

He'd still be a long term prospect rather than a guy we could expect too mu CV h from straight away

Shannon Neale.

He has kicked 33.19 in the VFL. Time to bring him home I reckon. That would probably be the best forward to target in the offseason as the FAs are uninspiring.

Sucks? He’s 24 now averages more then a goal a game in those 72… everyone knows takes talls longer. Lobb is 30 and this his best season

Just to make sure everyone knows, Schache is 25 as of yesterday and Rory Lobb is 29 until almost Valentine's day next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back