Unofficial Preview 2022 Mid-Season Rookie Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Watched most of the game yesterday and although it wasn’t great quality, Culley was easily BOG. Finishing with 3 goals and a stack of the ball.

Here was a little clip of him from baseline footy from his first game of the year.

Culley looks great in that clip.

Neville Jetta on a two year contract, exactly what CFC's backline needs...I don't know if I'm joking or not!

Edit: Jetta can not be drafted, he is not eligible.

Last edited:

Neville Jetta on a two year contract, exactly what CFC's backline needs...I don't know if I'm joking or not!

I love Jetta. I'd have him in a heart beat but reckon there might be a few list priorities ahead of back pocket and is the wrong age profile also.

What do you like about Josh Carmichael Chris? Can you tell us a bit about him?

He’s only 22. It’s his first year in the SANFL after playing in Merbein in the Sunraysia Football League last year. Won the B&F last year.
He’s shown heaps of development.

He played on and beat Matt Crouch yesterday.

Just watching his game from yesterday day:

• he likes the contest and is good at it.
  • he’s not timid going for contested marks and tackling players.
  • can take a mark.
  • goal kicking midfielder.
  • great kick into the 50.
  • gets back to help out the defence room.
  • can read the ball off the pack.

Things he can improve:
  • get to more contests. (Improve running).
  • stick a few more tackles. (Get stronger).

1st quarter yesterday:

• he kicks 45 into the Center square. Leads to a goal.
  • fills a hole in defence. Takes a mark inside the D50.
  • he runs past the ruckman, gets the handball and nails a kick into the forward 50. Leads to a goal.
  • marking contest on the goal line. Josh hits the front of the contest. Snaps - goal.

I wish SANFL games were free so everyone could get to watch the games.

I’ll keep you updated with the other quarters.

He’s only 22. It’s his first year in the SANFL after playing in Merbein in the Sunraysia Football League last year. Won the B&F last year.

• can take a mark.

Things he can improve:

1st quarter yesterday:

• he runs past the ruckman, gets the handball and nails a kick into the forward 50. Leads to a goal.
  • marking contest on the goal line. Josh hits the front of the contest. Snaps - goal.

Awesome write-up. Thanks for the info and effort!

I love Jetta. I'd have him in a heart beat but reckon there might be a few list priorities ahead of back pocket and is the wrong age profile also.

Wouldn’t rule it out if it frees N Daicos or Quaynor to play further upfield!!! Backline could do with some leadership.

I wouldn’t be too concerned about age profile for a mid season draft if it fits a need

Wouldn’t rule it out if it frees N Daicos or Quaynor to play further upfield!!! Backline could do with some leadership.

I wouldn’t be too concerned about age profile for a mid season draft if it fits a need

Yeah I'd say it's somewhere in the middle of our list needs. Not at the front but not a flanker either. I love his field kicking, spoiling and leadership. Such a good player. We're lucky to have him at the club.

Awesome write-up. Thanks for the info and effort!

There’s a free trial for 7 days on the SANFL app that allows you to watch games for free.

2nd quarter:
West Adelaide getting smashed.

One thing I noticed with Josh is that everytime he takes a mark, he likes to do something effective / different with the ball. He won’t just kick down the line to a contest. He looks for a better option - which may be switching play to the other end of the ground or diagonal kicks.

He kicked the ball laterally to the open side twice in the quarter. Effective kicks which opened up the forward line.

Just draft a full back for the love of god Derek Hine.

Last one you got right was Nathan Brown and even then....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's clear who we get: tall forward who can mark. If you're in a state league and can mark, we're happy to have you.

• can take a mark.

Things he can improve:

1st quarter yesterday:

SANFL still trying to rake in the money from their access passes.

Meanwhile, the AFL has made the VFL and WAFL streams easily accessible via the app (and I assume website).

A guy some WAFL watchers are talking up on the trade/draft board is Wade Derkson from Peel Thunder. He is a 20yo, 195cm (edit: some say 197cm) key forward/ruck who is averaging 20ish disposals and 3 goals per game. I don't know a lot about him but a key forward kicking goals at that level has to be of interest.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back