Unofficial Preview 2022 Mid-Season Rookie Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Neville Jetta on a two year contract, exactly what CFC's backline needs...I don't know if I'm joking or not!

Edit: Jetta can not be drafted, he is not eligible.

Doubt he even be Intrested anwyay in getting Picked as Wants to be a Coach

A guy some WAFL watchers are talking up on the trade/draft board is Wade Derkson from Peel Thunder. He is a 20yo, 195cm key forward/ruck who is averaging 20ish disposals and 3 goals per game. I don't know a lot about him but a key forward kicking goals at that level has to be of interest.
Looks OK, listed on here at 197cm

Looks OK, listed on here at 197cm

Moves very well if indeed he is 197cm. High points the ball when going for the mark, and has a good kicking action too.

Just draft a full back for the love of god Derek Hine.

Last one you got right was Nathan Brown and even then....
I don’t mind recruiting one who’s been under-utilised at their current club rather than drafting. Dunn and Roughead were both excellent mature age pickups in the role. Key forwards on the other hand… we need to actually bite the bullet and draft one in the first round, because we haven’t done that since 2006, and even then he was turned in to a defender (albeit an amazing one at his peak in 2011).

I don’t mind recruiting one who’s been under-utilised at their current club rather than drafting. Dunn and Roughead were both excellent mature age pickups in the role. Key forwards on the other hand… we need to actually bite the bullet and draft one in the first round, because we haven’t done that since 2006, and even then he was turned in to a defender (albeit an amazing one at his peak in 2011).
Yeah, a top level talent at forward that we can develop from 18/19 onward is the way we ought to go. With Lemmey, Scully, Jefferson, Cadman and Keeler all looking like first round talent, I would love for us to get one of them.

I do wonder if we could trade up too. Try and lock up two key position guys. I would love to find a way to nab Busslinger, however unlikely.

He's a Category B Rookie, so that shouldn't have any effect on things. Same as with Keane, we shouldn't be able to replace him on the list.

I thought he been on the list too long to be a Cat B Rookie

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Normally CAT Bs can't play but as they can, we may have copped another pick.
The whole "Cat B's can't play" rule doesn't exist anymore. Years gone by that was the case and they had to be promoted to play, but that rule was changed a while back.

If we open up the spot for Krueger do we get first pick? does it go on finishing position last year? Don't think North have a pick at this stage?

Ok so we are right in the middle of the pack then although I know not many teams have picks at this stage
Five clubs – Carlton, Fremantle, Geelong, Hawthorn and Sydney – all have one list spot free that can be filled via the mid-season draft, although Adelaide can also open up a spot given Rory Sloane's season-ending knee injury.

Gold Coast (for Ben King) and St Kilda (Nick Coffield) could also place their respective injured players on the inactive list to open up a mid-season pick.

You can add us and st kilda can open up another one (Jack Hayes) to this list.

It'll be more clear in a couple weeks. Clubs have until the end of the month to open up a spot.

Ok so we are right in the middle of the pack then although I know not many teams have picks at this stage

As it stands Carlton, Hawthorn, Geelong, Sydney and Fremantle have list spots available allowing them to participate if they choose.

We along with Adelaide, St Kilda and Gold Coast can put players on the inactive list allowing us to participate. There may be other teams as injuries happen.

If all those teams participate and we go by the current ladder position we'd have pick 4. But that's subject to what the ladder position is on 1 June, if other injuries happen and if we or other clubs decide to put their player on the inactive list. In other words we don't know yet - whether we'll participate (it's likely imo) or what our pick will be.

As it stands Carlton, Hawthorn, Geelong, Sydney and Fremantle have list spots available allowing them to participate if they choose.

We along with Adelaide, St Kilda and Gold Coast can put players on the inactive list allowing us to participate. There may be other teams as injuries happen.

If all those teams participate and we go by the current ladder position we'd have pick 4. But that's subject to what the ladder position is on 1 June, if other injuries happen and if we or other clubs decide to put their player on the inactive list. In other words we don't know yet - whether we'll participate (it's likely imo) or what our pick will be.

Richmond's Josh Caddy retired a week or so back, so they'll be able to have a pick as well if they wish to.

COLGATE YOUNG GUNS GAME SCOUTING REPORT

10 MID-SEASON DRAFT PROSPECTS WHO CAUGHT THE EYES OF AFL RECRUITERS

Jai Culley (193cm midfielder, Dandenong Stingrays) – 22 disposals, 5 marks, 5 tackles, 3 clearances, 7 inside-50s, 4 score assists, 4 goals, 197 ranking points

Max Ramsden (202cm ruckman, Sandringham Dragons) – 16 disposals, 3 marks, 13 hit-outs, 3 clearances, 2 goals, 103 ranking points

Harvey Gallagher (177cm forward, Bendigo Pioneers) – 15 disposals, 7 marks, 1 tackle, 1 score assist, 5 goals, 130 ranking points

Massimo D’Ambrossio (178cm defender, Western Jets) – 24 disposals, 2 marks, 1 clearance, 6 tackles, 9 rebound 50s, 159 ranking points

Tyler Norton (184cm defender, Murray Bushrangers) – 16 disposals, 2 marks, 3 tackles, 1 clearance, 1 rebound 50, 70 ranking points

Oskar Faulkhead (179cm midfielder, Bendigo Pioneers) – 27 disposals, 4 marks, 2 tackles, 3 clearances, 5 inside-50s, 100 ranking points

Lachlan Carrigan (191cm midfielder, Richmond VFL) – 20 disposals, 2 marks, 3 tackles, 2 clearances, 1 rebound 50, 107 ranking points

Hugo Hall-Kahan (188cm forward, Sandringham Dragons) – 18 disposals, 7 marks, 1 clearance, 4 inside-50s, 43 ranking points

Tyreece Leiu (194cm midfielder, Eastern Ranges) – 14 disposals, 2 marks, 2 tackles, 3 inside-50s, 2 rebound 50s, 76 ranking points

Jamieson Ballantyne (183cm midfielder, GWV Rebels) – 18 disposals, 2 marks, 1 tackle, 1 clearance, 2 inside-50s, 1 rebound 50, 86 ranking points

Remove this Banner Ad

Back