MRP / Trib. 2022 MRO Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Rowell evidence: "Fair play, good hit"

Umpire evidence: I saw no high contact and therefore did not pay a free kick.

Video evidence: No visible contact above the shouders. At worst, inconclusive.

Careless, medium impact, body contact = $1,500 fine.

This will be one of the easier nights for the Eagles' legal eagle.
Grace QC to complicate it and go with a line of questioning about whether Rowell had concussion in his chest.

Zero faith in Moneybags QC. He's too used to the real law, not players being found guilty for rules made up on tribunal night that didn't exist when the incident took place. Weight differential MY ARSE.

Need a North Korean defector or a game show host or a Royal Show carny or something to represent the players. Someone used to rigged outcomes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

• Legitimate attempt to mark therefore cannot be rough conduct
  • Umpire was 2 metres away and didn't call a free kick
  • Rioli turned his body to reduce the impact and was successful
  • Rowell did not leave the field nor did he get a concussion test because there was no head contact

Pretty good argument. All in a days work for David Grace QC

definitely no high contact..

gLkOf6f.jpg

Pane disagrees with Rioli's assertion that he realised contact would be made as he left the ground. Pane says he would have known that earlier in the play.

A frame is shown where an umpire is blocking Rioli's view of Rowell with the ball in the air. Pane says Rioli would have known the contact was coming a step or two prior to him leaving the ground.

Rioli says he was looking at the ball at this time, and was not aware of Rowell oncoming.

As soon as I read what Pane said I knew the right response. Top work Willie.

You couldn't see Rowell therefore you knew there would be contact. WTF.

Pane disagrees with Rioli's assertion that he realised contact would be made as he left the ground. Pane says he would have known that earlier in the play.

A frame is shown where an umpire is blocking Rioli's view of Rowell with the ball in the air. Pane says Rioli would have known the contact was coming a step or two prior to him leaving the ground.

Rioli says he was looking at the ball at this time, and was not aware of Rowell oncoming.
Good response there by Willie, eyes only for the ball. Checkmate Pane you loser, whoever you are.

Remove this Banner Ad

MRP / Trib. 2022 MRO Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back