MRP / Trib. 2022 MRO Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Does anyone know who the match review officer is ? Was Michael Christian, but no confirmation if he was retained or replaced ? Dodgy as.
I believe it is Brayden Maynard.

As to Garry Lyon‘s righteous indignation suggesting the Eagles should ask for an extra week for Rioli. Perhaps he could demand that Melbourne ask for a back dated penalty for ‘golden boy‘ Petracca‘s act of sliding into McGovern with his knees and breaking his ribs in the 2018 PF almost putting him out of the 2018 GF. Hypocrite and idiot. With the glass house that he’s got he’d be better off not throwing stones.

Hey Garry…you know what you should do? Stop porking your best mates wife ya d**khead

Everything he says drips with bias. Can't stand the guy. Commentators, if professional, should refrain from incendiary comments that may influence outcomes. But we all know that he is far from being professional.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are we all putting out west coast blinkers on regarding this?

I dont know.

I keep trying to legitimately consider it, but I just don't get what rule he broke? It'd be the same as suspending him for the other hit he did later in the game after the GC player had disposed of it - but that one was legitimately a free kick.

I just don't get the outrage over this one.

I keep trying to legitimately consider it, but I just don't get what rule he broke? It'd be the same as suspending him for the other hit he did later in the game after the GC player had disposed of it - but that one was legitimately a free kick.

VICBIAS

Unless there is an angle that we haven't seen that shows clear contact with the head I don't get it either.
IMO if he made contact with Rowell's head with his hip at that pace Rowell wouldn't have got back up.
Did they test him for concussion? Was he taken from the field for assessment? I don't think he was as there was no head contact.

Unless there is an angle that we haven't seen that shows clear contact with the head I don't get it either.
IMO if he made contact with Rowell's head with his hip at that pace Rowell wouldn't have got back up.
Did they test him for concussion? Was he taken from the field for assessment? I don't think he was as there was no head contact.

We kicked a goal and Rowell was in at the centre bounce. He didn't leave the field.

Not only this, but Willie was running towards the football, Rowell and Ainsworth coming back with the flight/from the side. What was Willie supposed to do, jump out of the way? Stand and get crunched himself? It was ultimately a 2 on 1 where had Willie of been 0.1 seconds quicker he would have taken the mark.

I'm all for protecting the head (ignoring for a second that the contact was to the chest), but ultimately if the Rioli suspension stands it means the player running back with the flight has right of way in a marking contest.

The AFL have gone and made the head high ruling even more strict meaning that even if it is a footballing in play action that causes head high contact and injury you are in trouble.
So Rioli, because he made head hi.........mmmm not sure if he did. But it was high impact contact so Rowel would have been injured right? Surely he at least did a concussion test. No? He was in the next center bounce, played out the game to be BOG. The coach even Hi-Lighted the contest at half time to spur the players on saying how courageous it was and inspirational.

My head hurts, not from a collision either.

Nek minit, "there was potential for head high contact to be made in Mr Rioli's action, therefore the suspension is upheld."

Meanwhile, players can attempt to punch someone and miss, and not get so much as mentioned.
Meanwhile this is a fine (and Ratugolea was in more distress than Rowell and actually went off the field):

Remove this Banner Ad

MRP / Trib. 2022 MRO Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back