Preview 2022 Rd 18 Carlton vs Geelong Saturday July 16 7:25PM @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope im wrong, but I dont see Newnes getting up. Had to fly home that night and doing that after a decent knock is not good for swelling/recovery.

Hayes would be obvious choice for replacement. Thats the only change i see happening as much as I would love Kemp in for Plow.

Surely Gov and/or Pit play VFL for a week or 2 first - gonna be awesome having weiters, young and gov in the team again. Together with Doc, Saad and Newman, that is a fantastic back 6.

Who the hell does Pit come in for in a couple weeks all going well..?

Young Weitering Saad
Docherty McGovern Newman
Cottrell Cripps Newnes
Fisher Curnow Walsh
Silvagni McKay Durdin
TDK Hewett Cerra

Int: Pittonet Kennedy Martin Owies
Sub from: O'Brien Hayes Kemp Carroll Plowman Setterfield Dow Honey Marchbank Cuningham

Last edited:
Sounds strange but Geelong actually doesn't worry me that much.

Still think we're a fair way off our best but we should be winning this.
with a full team to select from I'd be pretty confident against any team.

Really good midfield...one of best in the league

Forwards - Charlie/H just as good if not better than Cameron/Hawkins

Defense - Weitering is probably the best key defender going around and then we have doc, saad, williams and gov. Not a bad group.

with a full team to select from I'd be pretty confident against any team.

Really good midfield...one of best in the league

Forwards - Charlie/H just as good if not better than Cameron/Hawkins

Defense - Weitering is probably the best key defender going around and then we have doc, saad, williams and gov. Not a bad group.
It's now just a matter of getting them in and into form for the pointy end of the season.

Young Weitering Saad
Docherty McGovern Newman
Cottrell Cripps Newnes
Fisher Curnow Walsh
Silvagni McKay Durdin
TDK Hewett Cerra

Int: Pittonet Kennedy Martin Owies
Sub from: O'Brien Hayes Kemp Carroll Plowman Setterfield Dow Honey Marchbank Cuningham

Not sold on Martin - Can obviously light it up, but just way to inconsistent

Yes, just like arrow you take one line and cancel the overall point. Checking again it was his kicking efficiency that was 20%. Defend that or maybe I’ve done a typo you can cancel the entire point of the post. You won’t respond to the KE of 20% because you are not interested in the key point.

Just crazy. It’s not hyperbole about his game. He was bad and should be dropped. When he plays well he should play. Carroll faces this. Good and he plays…went invisible and was dropped. Just high standards.
Of course your post was hyperbole.
Aside from your claim of 20% Disposal Efficiency, which stood out as clearly wrong (and you have to go deep to find a kicking efficiency stat), since when is 3 clangers (2 for Frees Against) high?
He wasn't bad last week, so it's not 2 weeks in a row, further hyperbole.

He had a poor game, but your claims are nonsense.

I'm taking this cat at his/her word:

"They are very good. Well-coached, well-drilled, tough, and with a heap of talent. Lots of good years ahead for the Baggers. Even a sneaky chance to take the choccies this year - there, I said it".

Plowman will be debated all week.

God I hope Voss is the real deal on him. Plowman last week was bad. This week it was his worst ever performance. That’s a two game sample and he should be kicked hard into the VFL.

Check out some of his stats for the WCE game. 20% disposal efficiency. High in clangers. Low in tackles. Terrible in def 50 pressure acts.

Most of the game he played like a witches hat and the few times he was near the ball…total disaster.

Prior to two weeks ago he was on a run and we got on board. But he simply can’t be rewarded with the WCE game. It wasn’t a bad game. It was horrific. A train wreck.

For the Plow fans, what I’m trying to say is, jeez, tough day at the office for the ole chap, give him a nice lil old chop out in the twos to reinvigorate himself and get his old spice confidence back.

I actually really rate Plowman I think he's a great one on one player can beat his man and not too scared to take the game on however.....

His last two weeks have seen him give up at least two goals both weeks from poor play. Needs a spell to regain form/confidence.

Where you getting 20% from? I’ve looked in multiple places and it’s either 55 or 56% whether or not they round up or down

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I keep typing disposal efficiency when it is kicking efficiency of 20%. Check AFL match centre stats for the WCE eagles. Dow usually kicks at mid 40%s kicking efficiency and is the reason why he is not preferred.

I know that is the old rule. I'm kinda oldy myself lol.

But VFL is soft and slow and almost irrelevant as a guide these days. AFL training is increasingly more full on and intense. That's where coaches get the feeling if their players are ready to be picked. If Gov has been sharp, i reckon he might be in. If he's a bit rusty , he'll probably come back thru the 2's. But 4 weeks of proper training means he's fit to play.
Nonsense, Nothing compares to a game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I actually really rate Plowman I think he's a great one on one player can beat his man and not too scared to take the game on however.....

His last two weeks have seen him give up at least two goals both weeks from poor play. Needsa a speed to regain form/confidence.

I think this is right. I talked Plowman up a couple of weeks ago based on his form. He was playing the best he has in his career for a stretch of games. If he is good he is good. If he is bad he is bad….it’s not about whipping boy as some suggest. He currently is just bad.

all his key stats are average to terrible for two weeks running.

How do we ask Honey to be dropped and not Plowman? Kemp is a live option for Plowmans role. McGovern if he is ready to come straight in.

Geelong has the weakest rucks in the league. Playing 3/4 fit Pittonet gives them a leg-up - he cannot possibly be match fit this week.
I would play Pittonet and TDK every game from here because it massively enhances the game style and options at Voss's disposal.

Geelong can cover for Harry and Charlie - but they cant cover for Harry/Charlie and TDK
Pittonet frees TDK to move forward and himself back to plug the corridor kick - massively enhancing the defensive wall press
Pittonet freeing TDK also frees SOJ and Cripps from ruck duties - another positive

add McGovern in and Carlton gets back multiple intercepting and rebound power.

these two missing ( you could swap Marchbank for McGovern) have been the difference between our losses and wins.

Of course your post was hyperbole.
Aside from your claim of 20% Disposal Efficiency, which stood out as clearly wrong (and you have to go deep to find a kicking efficiency stat), since when is 3 clangers (2 for Frees Against) high?
He wasn't bad last week, so it's not 2 weeks in a row, further hyperbole.

He had a poor game, but your claims are nonsense.

I just corrected DE to KE from AFL stats. You don’t like that and keep quoting the typo.

Read your last line and then realise how stupid your statement is. You say he had a poor game but you are telling me all my information that explains his poor game is nonsense. Are you for real.

The truth is you don’t care about the topic, you care about a typo and pulling a poster down. The truth is you really agree he had a ‘very’ poor game. Weirdly, you don’t like me saying it but it’s fine if you say it.

I just corrected DE to KE from AFL stats. You don’t like that and keep quoting the typo.

Read your last line and then realise how stupid your statement is. You say he had a poor game but you are telling me all my information that explains his poor game is nonsense. Are you for real.

The truth is you don’t care about the topic, you care about a typo and pulling a poster down. The truth is you really agree he had a ‘very’ poor game.
He had a poor game, but it wasn't nearly to the standard you stated, nor warrant certain dropping.
I wasn't caring about a typo that you explained but was a reason for calling your post hyperbole.
Want to address the "high in clangers"?

I'm taking this cat at his/her word:

"They are very good. Well-coached, well-drilled, tough, and with a heap of talent. Lots of good years ahead for the Baggers. Even a sneaky chance to take the choccies this year - there, I said it".

No. You are supposed to find the most outlandish one eyed post and have it ruin your day.

His last two weeks have seen him give up at least two goals both weeks from poor play. Needs a spell to regain form/confidence.

We only have one like for like player available (Kemp) and I can't see the MC bringing him in against Geelong. If our other medium/tallish defenders weren't made of paper mache Plow would most likely not be playing seniors but it is what it is.

Pretty sure he won't be dropped this week unless Kemp is seen as a better matchup for someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back