Preview 2022 Rd 18 Carlton vs Geelong Saturday July 16 7:25PM @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tipping we won't see SDK in our rooms after we win this one. :p

Edit: If we do .. bloody good signs! Get it done Nicky A !
Sam De Koning in the Carlton rooms after we win:

1Nuquh5.jpeg

Last edited:
Well that's a real setup question. For the year he is top 6 for disposal efficiency, so I would say that game is an exception to the rule
Yep and it’s only one part of the equation.
As we all know, Cripps had a few brain fades on the weekend which cost us dearly.

Yep and it’s only one part of the equation.
As we all know, Cripps had a few brain fades on the weekend which cost us dearly.

Yeah I think two directly cost goals, one was an errant handball under little pressure and the other was trying to be superman.

He really does have to hold true to the 'don't need to do everything" mantra.

How was this particular game not horrific? I would be interested in how you could explain it without just saying IMO. Do you have anything to back it up?

3 clangers from 9 disposals (33% clanger king in this game). Did other players have more clangers yes but they had more possessions
9 disposals (3rd lowest for Carlton)
1 tackle as a defender. Note: Plowman isn’t a rebound defender like Doch, Saad and Newman. Plowman is a lockdown defender.
1 Defensive half pressure act. Puts him at the bottom of Carlton players
3 spoils which was pretty decent and the only positive I could find. It wasn’t any more than the other defenders but a positive.
0 contested one on one wins on the day
2 marks – the worst of the Carlton defenders
3 Turnovers. Don’t know if they count clangers and turnovers repetitively or categorised differently.
0 Frees for
2 Frees against 2 and equal top from his lowly 9 possessions (frees for and against go to AFL IQ)
kicking efficiency 20%

My eye test on plowman was that he was embarrassing. This wasn’t a bad game. It was a woeful one. Am I allowed to just say the truth? It’s not the end of the world for Plowman. I’m ok with him on our list. I want him to play more games for us too.

Respond with the stats you want me to look at and tell me about your eye test as stats don’t cover everything. Prove this wasn’t a horrific game for him.

And don’t play the whipping boy card to garner support. Just play the information because this underpins selection. Each player has gameday KPIs to perform to. If they dont meet those KPIs they get dropped.
You do realise that 2 of his 3 clangers were the Frees Against, right?

And you can blame the umpires, not him if you're going to include 0 Frees For as one of the stats to support your argument. Was clearly held in the goal square, would have saved one of their goals.

Last edited:
I think this is right. I talked Plowman up a couple of weeks ago based on his form. He was playing the best he has in his career for a stretch of games. If he is good he is good. If he is bad he is bad….it’s not about whipping boy as some suggest. He currently is just bad.

all his key stats are average to terrible for two weeks running.

How do we ask Honey to be dropped and not Plowman? Kemp is a live option for Plowmans role. McGovern if he is ready to come straight in.
Again, what key stats were poor against the Saints? Was it the 10 intercept possessions (second most for the game)? 17 touches at 88%?

You do realise that 2 of his 3 clangers were the Frees Against, right?

And you can blame the umpires, not him if you're going to include 0 Frees For as one of the stats to support your argument. Was clearly held in the goal square, would have saved one of their goals.
I asked you to put together some decent information. I’m really underwhelmed by that. Didn’t want to respond to the clanger bit did you…the bit you called me out on. 33% of his disposals were clangers. The important bit that showed he had a horror day.

Yes, just like arrow you take one line and cancel the overall point. Checking again it was his kicking efficiency that was 20%. Defend that or maybe I’ve done a typo you can cancel the entire point of the post. You won’t respond to the KE of 20% because you are not interested in the key point.

Just crazy. It’s not hyperbole about his game. He was bad and should be dropped. When he plays well he should play. Carroll faces this. Good and he plays…went invisible and was dropped. Just high standards.

You asked me this question "What about 20% disposal efficiency. Do you like that one"

Your post was one line, a rhetorical question. Which other points did I cancel out?

Who rounds out the back 7 if it’s Hayes for Newnes? Won’t be Hayes.

I suspect if Newnes doesn’t come up they’ll play Stocker. They’ve been ‘like for like’ as much as possible this season.

Never said Hayes would take his spot as in HB, but he could play that role and yes Stocker could come in for Newnes

I asked you to put together some decent information. I’m really underwhelmed by that. Didn’t want to respond to the clanger bit did you…the bit you called me out on. 33% of his disposals were clangers. The important bit that showed he had a horror day.
Frees against count as clangers, so 1 of his 9 disposals were clangers.

Yes, he was very poor on the day and played his worst game of the season. I'll be shocked if he's dropped on the back of one game. There's a chance he makes way for Gov in the next fortnight but that aidfe he'll play this week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does Ed Curnow have a spot in our Midfield (even coming off the bench) when fit or is he now depth waiting for Kennedy and/or Hewitt to get injured?
He'll be thereabouts and a very handy depth player at the very least. Don't think he'll get a game as part of our midfield rotation but there might be a role for him as a high half forward or on the wing.

Does Ed Curnow have a spot in our Midfield (even coming off the bench) when fit or is he now depth waiting for Kennedy and/or Hewitt to get injured?

I hope not. Although it would be interesting to see how he goes. I'd rather see Dow get another game. But I think Ed definitely deserves a final game for sure.

Frees against count as clangers, so 1 of his 9 disposals were clangers.

Yes, he was very poor on the day and played his worst game of the season. I'll be shocked if he's dropped on the back of one game. There's a chance he makes way for Gov in the next fortnight but that aidfe he'll play this week.

Thank you. Good points and I like it that you admit ‘very poor game’ bit in the second line. That statement of a very poor game is all I have been trying to get Stamos to agree with. The points and stats are drawing an inference but can be unreliable based on right context. They are secondary to what our eyes see on the day.

The frustration is someone picking a minute point and saying bollocks to the ‘overall theme’ of the post. Stamos should now quote your post line of ‘very poor game’ and say hyperbole. If he did that , it would not be the overall theme of your post and start a series of wasteful posts.

The other bit I need some more time on. That he should be dropped depends on the saints game plus this game. My eyes told me in the saints game that he was average and had average moments in that game. My job is to watch back for the proof. If I have got it wrong I will amend my view.

Thank you. Good points and I like it that you admit ‘very poor game’ bit in the second line. That statement of a very poor game is all I have been trying to get Stamos to agree with. The points and stats are drawing an inference but can be unreliable based on right context. They are secondary to what our eyes see on the day.

The frustration is someone picking a minute point and saying bollocks to the ‘overall theme’ of the post. Stamos should now quote your post line of ‘very poor game’ and say hyperbole. If he did that , it would not be the overall theme of your post and start a series of wasteful posts.

The other bit I need some more time on. That he should be dropped depends on the saints game plus this game. My eyes told me in the saints game that he was average and had average moments in that game. My job is to watch back for the proof. If I have got it wrong I will amend my view.

Seems like you have a predetermined view on Plow and when he isn't at his best, you label him as poor and start rolling out the predetermined view and pick his negative stats, which I will get to later if you like

But just a simple question, who did Plow play on, that hurt us on the scoreboard?

Well that's a real setup question. For the year he is top 6 for disposal efficiency, so I would say that game is an exception to the rule
To be fair, playing in the back half we kick mark all the way to the middle of the ground, so he should be.

Out of curiosity, who are the 5 above him?

Seems like you have a predetermined view on Plow and when he isn't at his best, you label him as poor are start rolling out the predetermined view and pick his negative stats, which I will get to later if you like

But just a simple question, who did Plow play on, that hurt us on the scoreboard?

Before we start this, let’s get our positions clear up front. Then I will respond. I’m saying Plowman had a woeful game vs WCE.

Reply with your view of Plowmans game. Then I will respond to your post.

The reason being is we could save a lot of time.

Seems like you have a predetermined view on Plow and when he isn't at his best, you label him as poor and start rolling out the predetermined view and pick his negative stats, which I will get to later if you like

gee wizz, you're more tolerant than many.........

Before we start this, let’s get our positions clear up front. Then I will respond. I’m saying Plowman had a woeful game vs WCE.

Reply with your view of Plowmans game. Then I will respond to your post.

The reason being is we could save a lot of time.

No, before I respond, you made the claim he had a woeful game. What analysis did you do to come to that conclusion

because I know where the poster is heading yet doesn't know it's a dead end just yet
so, in that case, what about my future, anything there, as in, ya know?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back