Autopsy 2022 Rd 22 Heartbroken.

Who played well for the Blues in Round 22 vs the Demons?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

How on earth Melksham out marked at least three KPP at the end is beyond me. Also Jack Newnes has to be done as an AFL footballer. Pathetic last minute. All we had to do was kick it 20 metres to Saad, couldn't even do that. And Lewis Young (who played very well) at the very end. Gah.

Overall really good effort and was a good game of footy. But that loss is an absolute killer. I wouldn't be surprised if we spent all of our tickets tonight.

You can break down the last 90 seconds any way you want. We let Jake Melksham KICK FOUR GOALS!!!!
That’s where the game was lost. In particular that mark in the goal square against four taller defenders.

Jake ****en Melksham!!! Are you kidding me, Carlton!!!

Just finished watching it on delay.....so close and so heartbreaking.

Can't fault the effort, can't fault much to be honest. Two bits of play, the 4 on 2 in their goal square with a couple of minutes to go and that prick Melksham takes a mark .....Gov, you have to kill that ball right there. Then late in the game, we go fwd, 3 of us fly and no-one on ground and they run it away......someone has to stay down and just half the ground ball and get a ball up.

We were great, effort was great, went to war and just came up a kick short.

Setterfield was fantastic on Oliver, contained him to a ok game and did a fair bit himself. With Hewitt out, that has to be his role next week and hopefully finals.

Young was fantastic.

If I was to pick a few players for some ordinary play, Newnes fumbled every ****ing time and cost us dearly alot and obviously his man kicked the winner (to be fair if that was his man kozy was quiet), stocker by foot is hideous, doc first half by foot was atrocious.

Lastly.....love the effort and attitude.....bit where the **** was that effort and attitide against the crows? Turn up like that and we win by 10 goals.

On CPH2005 using BigFooty.com mobile app

I get the criticism about Newnes but what we saw tonight is not a revelation. The club knows we have players on the list with severe limitations, newnes himself would know it.

He tries hard but has limitations which likely mean we will be looking at the first opportunity to replace his spot with someone more reliable/polished.

Harping on and on about the bottom 3-4 players in the 22 isn’t particularly enlightening….
Do we? At any rate, knowing something and doing something with that knowledge are two different things. We delist players a year too late only to extend contracts and add others to the list who are in the same vein.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's obviously a really disappointing result, don't want to hear any excuses like umpires cost us the game. We cost ourselves the game with some poor skills and lack of footy smarts. With the ball up on the wing with 47 seconds left there were 3 to 1 Melbourne players in the middle of the ground. Where were the Carlton players? They certainly weren't in defense as extras as it was one on one. So why weren't they either on their opponent or flooded back in the defensive 50.

The other thing that does my head in for weeks is when the ball is kicked in the air, every single Carlton player in the area has to go up......So they spoil each other or don't impact the contest while the opposition has someone front and center. It's just the little things like that each week that just frustrate me.

To their credit they did play a lot better tonight......but it's the little things that stop them from becoming a very good side. We may well scrape in to the finals, but they haven't really played that well in the 2nd half of the season. A lot of players are seriously out of form and we havne't had a lot of luck on the injury sside of things pretty much all year.

Do we? At any rate, knowing something and doing something with that knowledge are two different things.
Agreed.
It’s like knowing a tomato is a fruit.
But also knowing not to put it in the fruit salad.

Motlop blatantly dragged down in the middle with about 30 seconds left.
How the * does that not impact the result?
Cripps got ragdolled to the ground twice before the ball was even thrown up. Umpiring was woeful. Understand the AFL were pissed he got off but to make it that obvious is just ridiculous

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2022 Rd 22 Heartbroken.

Back