Game Day 2022 Round 1 Fantasy Discussion - Let's Get Ready To Ramble

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
banner-fantasy-join-us-wall-png.1342166

Owens was a ******* terrible decision. Him and Gibcus my only two wrong decisions so far. Thankfully both on the bench tho. So can fix if needed.
It's not like we were swimming in alternatives to Gibcus. Joel Smith scored ok but he was never really a consideration. I'm spending an average of $352k on D5-D7 (Chapman, Milera, McCartin) which is too much but, well, it is what it is, there are no alternatives. Answerth maybe.

Is there a defender that's not atm?
Hewett did his job ;)

957/9+C (inc Hayes), despite catching both Crisp & Short.

Sincere apologies to anyone who backed Crisp on the back of my comments.
What a turd of a game.
And I thought Short was bad 😕
Round 1 long way to go mate

He’ll find his role when bruzzy gets back in. They compliment each other super well

Backing crisp in
Dusty is my worry
He’ll get tagged by de boer this week and looked horrible last night

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Steele could have had a lot more too. All 3 FA's were very dubious calls.. 2 could have easily been HTB instead of holding the man for 11 point swings and the deliberate out of bounds was just a shocker.

If those went his way could have hit 132 at half rat pace.

YOLO - instead of using my spare cash to field a questionable player like Tucker, I'm looping SDK and McCartin, and going from Neale > Touk and enjoying the demolition on Sunday night. Neale probably gets a tag from Drew anyway, and Touk is gonna be fun to watch against a non-existent midfield.

EDIT: Also allows me to get Macdonald and Hough on the bench, giving me 29 green dots and NOD as a perma loop option. Might even keep Touk and just VC and C both him and Steele every week for the next 5 weeks, 'til Daicos gets swung back. No more changes 'til trades on Sunday night.

1647613054096.png

Last edited:
YOLO - instead of using my spare cash to field a questionable player like Tucker, I'm looping SDK and McCartin, and going from Neale > Touk and enjoying the demolition on Sunday night. Neale probably gets a tag from Drew anyway, and Touk is gonna be fun to watch against a non-existent midfield.

EDIT: Also allows me to get Macdonald and Hough on the bench, giving me 29 green dots and NOD as a perma loop option. Might even keep Touk and just VC and C both him and Steele every week for the next 5 weeks, 'til Daicos gets swung back.
Already ahead of you there :thumbsu:

As someone mentioned earlier spending your way out of a weak spot to make it slightly less weak isn't always the answer. With the double crack at McCartin/SDK chances are one produces a score on par with the other dodgy D6 options for 200k less. It is running the gauntlet a bit in terms of coverage but the setup is only for 5 weeks (4 after this round) until Daicos lands there in round 6.

Plus O'driscoll @190k who should play at some point and can actually score is far superior to paying 80k more for Gibcus to lose cash.

And our teams are ****ing 27/30 identical Shadow.

I went Dixon over Hayes for the "JS" but at least there's an easy one to fix up Owens to. You're stuck with the campaigner! Have also gone with Bray over Jelly to avoid the inevitable 4 GWS (think they'll be very similar) and Soligo over Hough which is line ball.

In other words looking good :$

Rachele is going to surprise a few I think. Gets up the ground a heap, tackles and a great judge of when and where to lead for a mark. Kid is all class.. think he can outscore JHF personally.
Would love that.
I grabbed him late for HRS.
Not convinced a rookie FP will score well so if he can do as you say he will definitely justify the price.

Trying to work out how to get Lipigski next week. Cannot get the math to work without stuffing the team with something like trading Gawn to him

View attachment 1347995

As a non Hayes owner (oops), I'm happy to go Mead to Lip and Gawn to Hayes, JHF to bench. Need to make some moves. If it goes to shit so be it. Lot of the mid bench rookies outside of MacDonald (who is playing out of position at HF) are probably suspect anyway.

Would love that.
I grabbed him late for HRS.
Not convinced a rookie FP will score well so if he can do as you say he will definitely justify the price.
Far from just a forward pocket.. both pre-season games he was roaming up the wings and leading up to the centre square frequently. From what I've read they seem to rate his delivery into the forward 50 as just as much of an asset as his goal sense.

And our teams are ******* 27/30 identical Shadow.

I went Dixon over Hayes for the "JS" but at least there's an easy one to fix up Owens to. You're stuck with the campaigner! Have also gone with Bray over Jelly to avoid the inevitable 4 GWS (think they'll be very similar) and Soligo over Hough which is line ball.

In other words looking good :$

We'll go down with this ship together :tearsofjoy:

Hayes is gonna be expensive which is a pain, but at least Owens isn't basement priced and will only drop around 3K. I reckon with 90 odd above his BE, he probably goes up around 60K or so? Means you need to find another 25-30K? Reckon that'll be easily solved though, if some 190k'ers get named next week!

Gotta say though, feeling much more relaxed with this setup, and glad that Touk and Steele are both in my team now :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back