Autopsy 2022 Round 5 Heart attack Blues hold on again

Who played well for the Blues in Round 5 vs Port Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Not really Durdin was the damage . TDK just needs to reset . And he didn’t play well in the twos .Time

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Literally don't care what TDK does - it allows Harry and Charlie more 1v1s instead of getting double teamed which =s bags of goals and more chance of a mark when we're under pressure going long.

Newness was good. Experienced

He was ok. More composed and less frantic than LOB, but halted our momentum a few times.
Cottrell looked better than he did last year, but still don't think he'll turn out to be anything decent. Our 5th highest disposals, but lowest efficiency out of our top 12 ball winners (4th worst overall).

Literally don't care what TDK does - it allows Harry and Charlie more 1v1s instead of getting double teamed which =s bags of goals and more chance of a mark when we're under pressure going long.

He was literally getting in their way and dragging his opponent to unnecessary contests in the last few weeks. Not the solution at the moment. No surprises that Harry and Charlie combined for 9 goals.

I said 1 or 2 out each week from our best 22, albeit it not the same 1 or 2 - and whilst I might give you Oscar and Go as best 22 you can’t list blokes Carroll, Honey, Cuningham and Marchbank as best 22.
... reread the post. I didn't list Carroll or Marchbank as best 22.

Do you really think Honey isn't an upgrade on Owies, or that Cuningham isn't an upgrade on Fisher up forward, or Setterfield, LOB or Newnes on the wing?
Almost every club hasn’t had access to its best 22 yet this year.
The problem I have with your post is that repeated outs due to injury decrease the overall quality within the team, and until those players return and get back form the team's output is decreased. Players have been out a single week, and players have been gone for weeks.

List sizes have never been smaller, more subject to churn.

There is a difference between GC missing just King - whilst having Casboult as cover - and us missing everyone except who's currently playing ones as KPD.

Just because we haven't been hit as we were in 2017 does not mean we have not been hit, and just because we haven't lost everyone at the same time does not mean we haven't lost them.

Davie Cuningham is made for this game plan. Speed and disposal should be a distinct point of difference. Over to you when you are ready DC.
Just a shame that he doesn't seem to be built for AFL footy. I'd love to see what he can do and where he fits in this current team, but I've put lines through him and Marchy until they can string games together.

The good thing is that TDK wasn’t flying against and disrupting. That’s why he got dropped.

He was ok. More composed and less frantic than LOB, but halted our momentum a few times.
Cottrell looked better than he did last year, but still don't think he'll turn out to be anything decent. Our 5th highest disposals, but lowest efficiency out of our top 12 ball winners (4th worst overall).

Voss picked Newnes for experience. It paid off

The good teams win the close ones I know people are disappointed with the last two wins but like everyone has said in days gone by we lose every time.Voss is 5 games in and I’m confident we’ll be a lot better later on the year.Banking early wins is key.

I remember last year Garry Lyon having a go at is about how we repeatedly let sides get out to a 6-7 goal lead.

We’d then rally late in the 3rd or 4th once the sting had gone out of the game and lose by 15-25 pts - and convince ourselves that we were so competitive against the top sides.

Disappointed with today as thought it was a chance to ‘frank’ ourselves as genuine Top 8 contenders - but I’ll take the win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Davie Cuningham is made for this game plan. Speed and disposal should be a distinct point of difference. Over to you when you are ready DC.
Yeah I agree. I think about Cuningham a lot in this side. If he gets an an injury free run at it, and that is a big if, he could be a very important part of our mid and forward line.

High half forward, clean with his hands, dashes through traffic, skilled ball user, quick and a reliable set shot.

There's a reason we signed him up. A classy player.

... reread the post. I didn't list Carroll or Marchbank as best 22.

Do you really think Honey isn't an upgrade on Owies, or that Cuningham isn't an upgrade on Fisher up forward, or Setterfield, LOB or Newnes on the wing?

The problem I have with your post is that repeated outs due to injury decrease the overall quality within the team, and until those players return and get back form the team's output is decreased. Players have been out a single week, and players have been gone for weeks.

List sizes have never been smaller, more subject to churn.

There is a difference between GC missing just King - whilst having Casboult as cover - and us missing everyone except who's currently playing ones as KPD.

Just because we haven't been hit as we were in 2017 does not mean we have not been hit, and just because we haven't lost everyone at the same time does not mean we haven't lost them.
Clearly I don’t rate Cuningham as high as you. Also whilst I like Honey I’m not sure he has shown enough in 6 games to suggest he’s better than so and so…

De Koning goes from being 3rd tall to rucking by himself to dropped. How does that work? He needs to be 3rd tall. I dont care if he is worst on the ground it allows Charlie and Harry more 1v1s and they will kick more bags.
You're complaining about a problem that so far has shown no evidence of existing.
They kicked 8 this week without him.
Two weeks ago when he last played as majority 3rd tall with some ruck contests, they kicked 5.
I reckon he has potential to be a great 2nd/3rd tall and possibly a good 1st ruck, but he's struggling with both at the moment.

Dear Brothers and Sisters (as The Pope would say) we have much love for our brother, Dow, but, in all seriousness and humility, he and we need to accept that he is not, and never was, a “ Saviour” type footballer. Freo are leading Essendon by 10 points.

Correction: Freo now lead by 40 points at the 28 minute of the 3rd quarter.

Guess what? It will be a miracle if we win in WA against Freo next week!
Fair call.. good call.

Let's petition for a forfeit and have a crack the following week.

I've always had Marchbank top 22 but Doc, Saad and Williams have improved their combination tenfold over the past 6 months its hard to see Marchbank slotting in now.
I find it amazing how a lot of people here can think Marchbank is best 22 when he hasn’t played a game of league football since July 2019.

Cotters was good in the last. His give offs . Not saying he is a world beater but some how we held on . The team held on.

I find it amazing how a lot of people here can think Marchbank is best 22 when he hasn’t played a game of league football since July 2019.
And he would still be better than Setterfield. I seriously do not know how he keeps getting a game.

Meh. What about our first quarters? It's picking the negative stat for the sake of picking the negative stat, while ignoring everything else.
We know we're fading. We know what the problem is. We go too hard, too fast for too long and can't maintain it, but we're still doing enough to be 4-1.
There's improvement to be had. That's a positive, and scary.

Also, those complaining about Young making dumb errors... I don't see how that's too different from a younger Jones when he first moved to the back line. Even older Jones was making dumb decisions back there...

Young also did some good work back there too, hopefully he improves.

Also he looks a bit like Charlie with that hair style..

You're complaining about a problem that so far has shown no evidence of existing.
They kicked 8 this week without him.
Two weeks ago when he last played as majority 3rd tall with some ruck contests, they kicked 5.
I reckon he has potential to be a great 2nd/3rd tall and possibly a good 1st
You miss us on the wing with sometimes Curnow/McKay on the back flank in 2nd half leaving us to consistently kick to the short men/vastly outnumbered big men?

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2022 Round 5 Heart attack Blues hold on again

Back