Rumour 2022 Rumour Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Are GC in the market for more Draft Pick Qty ? .......doubt it, particularly if they get a "Priority Pick"

If we want Phillipou / Hewett .....offer our 2023 1st round, and get a 2nd round back .....or this year Crouch pick & next years 1st

We'll need #25 for Michallanney
Why do we need pick 25?

even if he gets bid on at 20, we can use a couple of picks in the 30's and 40's to match

Why do we need pick 25?

even if he gets bid on at 20, we can use a couple of picks in the 30's and 40's to match
This is true ....how many players will we want at the Draft ? .....2 or 3 , #6 and Michalanny .....or an extra like a Keeler at high teens / low 20's ?

On Keeler, his analysis reminds a lot of Adam Goodes .....in his Draft Year, was cited as casual and inconsistent ......Goodes turned out OK for a pick #26

That said, Keeler could also go the other way & be an Elliot Himmelberg

Why do we need pick 25?

If we believe he would get drafted/bid on at 20 we wouldn't want anything in the 20's attached to us. We have to use our next available pick to match and then add some more in if that next pick doesn't equal enough points.

We'd need to try and get creative and get some late 30's/40's picks and a couple of picks next year. See where the bid come match and then trade out some of next years picks if we wanted anyone else in this years draft.

I’m being sincere.
Phillipou is exactly what we need and should be our first choice on draft night. I can’t see him slipping past you guys though so Rankine would probably cost you that pick. Knowing our luck though he goes to the Suns for the pick you give them 🤣
Do you think Essendon will finish above Adelaide?

You'd hope so, but it will be close IMO.

Do you think Essendon will finish above Adelaide?

You'd hope so, but it will be close IMO.
I think we beat GWS this week and lose our last two. That would leave you guys needing 2 wins plus decent percentage to pass us. You will beat North and Showdowns are always 50/50 so it’s just a matter if West Coast give one last yelp to see off JK

I think we beat GWS this week and lose our last two. That would leave you guys needing 2 wins plus decent percentage to pass us. You will beat North and Showdowns are always 50/50 so it’s just a matter if West Coast give one last yelp to see off JK
Yep, that's how I see it too, West Coast have been playing well and it's hard to gauge us because we are so inconsistent, hopefully we both beat the Pear though!

Yep, that's how I see it too, West Coast have been playing well and it's hard to gauge us because we are so inconsistent, hopefully we both beat the Pear though!
Really looking forward to the pear match..

The maths says port can still just make it but common sense tells you they arent making the finals..

hinkley will be desperate to get a final win for the last gane of the season regardless.. he’ll be terrified of a loss and what they could bring.. kochhead too.

A loss to the crows in the final round of the year would disgust powa supporters and they would be left to stew over it for the entire summer.

Tarps will need to be dusted off.

Really looking forward to the pear match..

The maths says port can still just make it but common sense tells you they arent making the finals..

hinkley will be desperate to get a final win for the last gane of the season regardless.. he’ll be terrified of a loss and what they could bring.. kochhead too.

A loss to the crows in the final round of the year would disgust powa supporters and they would be left to stew over it for the entire summer.

Tarps will need to be dusted off.

We will come to play, that much is certain.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ogilvie is in an application process for a position at North in their recruiting department. Have no idea if he will get it or take the position, but he's well down the line with the process.
He wouldn’t be going through the process if he wasn’t going to take it. Makes sense to go a Melbourne club given that’s where he’s living.

Hopefully we’ve got someone lined up to take over for this years draft

Apparently there's a club interested in Himmelberg.

That doesn't actually surprise me actually, he'd be getting to that age. At worst he's capable depth of a handy size that can come in and cover injury. At best he still finds a bit more upside as he enters his peak years. Lastly he wouldn't cost lots either.

He wouldn’t be going through the process if he wasn’t going to take it. Makes sense to go a Melbourne club given that’s where he’s living.

Hopefully we’ve got someone lined up to take over for this years draft
Our list managers have also started to cop some heat this year in the public forum so he might just feel it's time to jump ship.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2022 Rumour Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back