Rumour 2022 Rumour Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

North had the chance to pick Rachele.. they chose JHF instead.

Now that looks like it has completely backfired on them..

What we have seen from both Rachele and JHF so far in their first year is pretty even if you ask me..

And if you really want to look further you could actually argue that Rachele, due to the covid s**t, missed a good chunk of two years of football, unlike JHF who was able to comtinue on playing in the SANFL, so his form this year would be expected to be a bit more hamstrung than JHF’s..

End of the day though.. North picked JHF.. that’s on them.. its not on Adelaide to have to somehow come to the party and offer up their young promising prospect so that north can right their wrong..

If north want rachele they can give us JHF and a pick for him.. not the *ing other way around!

At this point in time its not beyond the realms of possibility that Rachele may actually end up being a better player than JHF.

I definitely feel that Rachele has far more room for development left in him than JHF has and possibly a higher ceiling..

He certainly has a far better attitude to start with and to be honest I would rate Rachele’s skills a lot higher than JHF.. even last year I thought JHF’s skills were being far too overhyped by the media..

Their mistake was thinking Noble was anything other than the definition of average. He's not a rebuild coach, he's a moneyball coach where you use stats to plug gaps. Not develop from the ground up.

I'm no Kornes hater, but they've got to keep it basic for your types. Soligo is looking great, but he adds another layer of discussion due to being selected later in the draft. The maths is easy if Rachele is used. We offered the pick he was taken at plus next years plus the Swans pick last year. And for this with only basic football knowledge, keeping Rachele is the easiest way to paint the picture.
Well, didn't he say Rachele or Fogarty?

Odd post to quote given you overestimated Jake Kelly's value. You thought he'd get a mid 30s pick, ended up 3rd round compensation (pick 44) which was only that high due to us finishing bottom 4.
Over several posts I rated him mid 30's to as high as about 55. We got pick 41 for him which shifted down due to f/s and academy picks.

To answer the question you avoided the reason Himmelberg would attract a high pick would be because he's a key position forward which attract the highest overs of all positions.

Interestingly, imagine your a club in the market for a key position forward as backup. Perhaps your Bris in the window with two key forwards that have had bad injuries, perhaps your a Collingwood or Essendon or WCE with not an abundance of tall forward options. What's your list of say 3-5 gettable key forward options that can go out and play at the level look like?

Your estimation of Berg's value is looney tunes stuff. Come on.
What was the range I gave? The middle of that range is the value that I think is correct. What is that value? I put a range because the suitor club may not have a pick right on the value, sometimes you get overs, sometimes you get unders, depending on a few things, a bit less so in this era of pick trading though.

What was the range I gave? The middle of that range is the value that I think is correct. What is that value? I put a range because the suitor club may not have a pick right on the value, sometimes you get overs, sometimes you get unders, depending on a few things, a bit less so in this era of pick trading though.
himm isnt even worth a second rounder.

fogarty a pick 12 that's just had a breakout month or so of footy. Don't need to draw too far to join those dots. Geez, your knowledge really is basic.
Which was my point, he does have basic football knowledge and didn't say Soligo who is having a better season than Rachele. Your basic reading comprehension is really lacking.

I never understand how guys like Kane Cornes suggest us trading a Rachelle as if they are a commodity. We’re not the same as America, a player here has to want to go somewhere for them to be part of any trade discussion, and Rachelle has 3 years left on a contract that we and him agreed to. How would you honestly have the discussion with him that you want him to go to GC when he appears to have fully bought into our team and culture. And even if you can get him to agree, what do the rest of the team, and his friends think of the process when you are trying to build good culture.

Players that are struggling to get a game are obviously different, but Rachelle is not in that category.
Simple really, Kane is essentially a paid troll. He knows the suggestion is dumb and inflammatory but will generate clicks. It's what he does.

I think a late third, early 4th at best and only if there is more than one side interested. More likely he goes for nothing after being delisted.

Himmelberg is worth at absolute best a third rounder but most likely a 4th rounder

I really value your opinions, Skippos - but I actually think it's far easier to find a plug and play key defender in the lower leagues than it is a genuine goalkicking forward.

Also - the Howard trade was Dougal, Paddy Ryder and pick 10 for picks 12 and 18, which is a bit different. Not sure what that actually values Howard at, but it won't 18.

I don't disagree with the first part. Perhaps I've not communicated my point well; wouldn't be the first time! You can definitely find your Nick Murray types for free. But I think there's a huge difference between those plug and play types and the Brennan Cox type in impact that has a material impact on winning flags well above and beyond that of a McAdam to a replacement. The game is now more than ever about defensive IQ & transition. Having 'prestigiacomo' types worked 20 years ago. Today not so much.

I think at the time Ryder was out of contract and Port wanted him gone? I could be wrong, but I think it was almost a freebie.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Overs for Himmelberg would be Pick 40. Has concrete hands, is a poor ruckman, but does have some nice attributes such as being a better set shot kick for goal than most 199ish cm blokes, and being very good at ground level for someone of his height. Also a good decision maker with ball in hand. I think he deserves to be on an AFL list, unlike several others currently on our list such as McAsey, Frampton, Davis, Borlase, Turner and Rowe. Being uncontracted also pushes his value down.

We’ll either re-sign him, relegate him to the rookie list, trade him for pick 42-60, use him as steak knives in a trade with pick 42-60 value, or delist him IMO.

So you are claiming a 20 pick range, in a 65 pick draft, as proof of your genius? I would rethink this approach.
I've been around this place a long time. I got sick of keyboard genius. That's why I started asking everyone to put their reputation on the line with prediction threads and the like. How about you put your view out on what our players are worth? What's Sholl worth, what's Berg worth, what's Crouch worth, Frampton?? Obviously you don't rate Berg very highly. We'll see how you go. Catchya around trade week.

EDIT: I'll even let you have 20 pick ranges. How about that?

I've been around this place a long time. I got sick of keyboard genius. That's why I started asking everyone to put their reputation on the line with prediction threads and the like. How about you put your view out on what our players are worth? What's Sholl worth, what's Berg worth, what's Crouch worth, Frampton?? Obviously you don't rate Berg very highly. We'll see how you go. Catchya around trade week.

EDIT: I'll even let you have 20 pick ranges. How about that?
My take is as follows:

Sholl 3rd rounder, Himmelberg 3rd rounder(mostly due to size and years of development), Frampton 4th rounder, Crouch probably a 4th though conceivably you could get a 3rd if a club had not much desire to use it anyway.

Couldn't see us getting 2nds for any of the above.

But what about a straight swap of Rachele for JHF?
You don't trade 1 elite talent for another when you are trying to build elite talent. You trade current and/or future 1st rownd picks.

The advantage of future picks is that the media zeitgeist has us as a basket case and perennial botton 4 team, so with that out there future 1st round picks are tempting.

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app

My take is as follows:

Sholl 3rd rounder, Himmelberg 3rd rounder(mostly due to size and years of development), Frampton 4th rounder, Crouch probably a 4th though conceivably you could get a 3rd if a club had not much desire to use it anyway.

Couldn't see us getting 2nds for any of the above.
I think Sholl is a slim chance of a 2nd but it's hard to make a case when he's playing SANFL.

That said we probably wouldn't trade him for less than a 2nd given his contract

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2022 Rumour Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back