List Mgmt. 2022 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
but this is what i mean though - all of that initial stuff is endearing and exciting and a reason to love the bloke

sure, that latter stuff (although it's massively overstated IMO) might be frustrating, but why would it mean you're 'not the biggest supporter' of a player who is a shinboner through and through?

Not the biggest supporter is probably not the right terminology for what I mean. I’ll always support and cheer on any player that’s lucky enough to don the blue and white.

But I guess I’m far more critical of Jy than others because of his momentum sapping moments. Critical rather than unsupportive would be the right way of putting it. Even then I’m happy to admit that I’m more critical of Jy than many others on our list.

Man I know it's been a tough year, I wish we were premiers too. But we're zeroing in on Jy Simpkin as one of our issues?

Come on now.

The biggest butcher since he who shall remain nameless.

Pick 12
That's hyper bowl.

I'm not saying that to defend his disposal either, this year especially some has been terrible. The comp is full of butchers tho. Inside mids who aren't are the absolute elite.

And we've had alot worse than him and Gibbo since Brad Scott took charge.

Come off the back of me comparing his season to Taranto….didn’t intend to derail the thread with Simpkin chat.

Wasn't going for you at all mate. Noticed him getting picked out unfairly IMO.

Fwiw I see a lot of Swallow-Ziebell in the Simpkin-LDU commentary this year. Ziebell was the sexy option half the board were always going on about while Swallow quietly chalked up a very solid career in a role that helped the side win more often than not.

Not meaning that as a limit on LDU's potential and his #2 Syd place already trumps Jack's career in that regard. But there was a lot of pretty disrespectful stuff said about Jy as he lead the Syd which surprised me.

He went at pick 11 didn’t he? And he’s won two consecutive BnFs and you’d be happy with pick 12 for him?

Sheesh.
Best and fairests in premiership years mean something, however in unspeakably terrible years such as the one we have just endured, I’m not sure they’re worth the paper they’re written on in the grand scheme of things.

He’s a good player and rightfully warrants a mid first round selection.

Oi that's our job.

You stick to the blockchain and crotches thanks.
I just wanted that rush of blood I know you get from furiously sleuthing through the search function and uncovering the mystery.

I wasn't ready for the endorphin crash that comes with it. Going to need a nap now.

I just wanted that rush of blood I know you get from furiously sleuthing through the search function and uncovering the mystery.

I wasn't ready for the endorphin crash that comes with it. Going to need a nap now.

"Endorphin crash". "Need a nap now".

Oh you and your euphemisms.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You should have seen the high KC and I got when we ran the IP test. We haven't made eye contact since.

Darcy MacPherson can go and f@#k himself

Correct
Would rather play GC reserves and earn his spot in their senior team
Shortly to be delisted one would think

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Correct
Would rather play GC reserves and earn his spot in their senior team
Shortly to be delisted one would think

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Pardon the intrusion
Mcpherson is contracted till next year so will likely still be at the club next year unless he requests a trade.

Also whilst I don't think this TT stuff will eventuate I have seen some comments on your board valuing him highly as a pick 5 or 7. I'm curious though as to the feeling if the suns hypothetically traded all of their 2nd round picks for him 25,32 and 33. This being the equivalent of pick 5 in points and allowing north to use as currency to bring in players through trade?

Frampton seems to be going to carlton
Dunno about blanck. He seems a bit s**t.
Logue is discussed every second page. We have an offer in front of him.
Witherden is the bloke who kicked TT in the guts then smiled about it. Pass
Davis is a spud.
Macpherson is also a spud.
Acres is going to Carlton. We made an offer and missed out.
All those 'spuds' are all actually better than players on our list.

He went at pick 11 didn’t he? And he’s won two consecutive BnFs and you’d be happy with pick 12 for him?

Sheesh.
Agree.

Pick 12 for Simpkin WTF.

Why would you take a crap shoot for a player at pick 12 that could be your next bust when you know what you already have?

Yes he has disposal issues, but I’m sure Clarko and Co will have him working on those heavily over the offseason.

The problem with people rating draft picks is that they always rate them based on the pick working out, when the reality is that there is also a good chance of them being a bust or nothing more than an average foot soldier.

Liam Stocker just proved that point this week.

Agree.

Pick 12 for Simpkin WTF.

Why would you take a crap shoot for a player at pick 12 that could be your next bust when you know what you already have?
Firstly, no one in their right mind would offer pick 12 for Simpkin. Secondly, a direct answer to your question "why?" It's because not everyone rates players at the same level. Some people would rather take that risk than keep persisting with him.

I'm curious though as to the feeling if the suns hypothetically traded all of their 2nd round picks for him 25,32 and 33. This being the equivalent of pick 5 in points and allowing north to use as currency to bring in players through trade?
Hypothetically, if it was a fait accompli that TT wanted out, and he had his sights set on a GC sea change, personally I'd be trying to bring in more elite talent.

I'd be tempted to counter offer:
NM give: 1 and TT
GC: 5, 7, 25, 32, 33

Pardon the intrusion
Mcpherson is contracted till next year so will likely still be at the club next year unless he requests a trade.

Also whilst I don't think this TT stuff will eventuate I have seen some comments on your board valuing him highly as a pick 5 or 7. I'm curious though as to the feeling if the suns hypothetically traded all of their 2nd round picks for him 25,32 and 33. This being the equivalent of pick 5 in points and allowing north to use as currency to bring in players through trade?
The value of those picks equalling pick 5 in points is irrelevant. The actual trade is Tarryn Thomas for picks 25, 32 & 33. Hypothetical or not he's worth way more than that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back