Game Day 2022 Trade Period Match Thread

Have you installed a Rheem or felt the loving embrace of Continental Tyres safely guide your trip?

• Having a shower in my Rheem right now

Votes: 22 18.0%
  • No, what a stupid poll

Votes: 13 10.7%
  • YOU DONT KNOW ME

Votes: 22 18.0%
  • Luke Jackson

Votes: 65 53.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
With no trade news to speak of, I decided to read Sliding D*cks...because it's back, in full swing! Apparently Hayden Young is going to be an All Australian next year! What a bold, and risky prediction to make! Kudos Damo!

Melbourne are in the same position we were with cerra. Young future star, top 10 pick already playing a key role. But uncontracted so little to no leverage. Will also probably end up 8 (from Port) and change after all the posturing is said and done. Sux for them, and us last year, but that's life. We picked a privileged Melbourne kid, they picked a kid from SOR Perth. It comes with risks.

Lucky it wasn't NOR Perth. Would have been worse.

Port arent doing that trade unless it's North F2 and even then I'd think they want more
I could be 2 2nds though. They could end up with 33 from Melbourne and an F2 from Freo.

Pick 8 for 13, 33 and F2 is a deal id make. Particularly in this draft.

p.s. thanks for the Rick Roll

I could be 2 2nds though. They could end up with 33 from Melbourne and an F2 from Freo.

Pick 8 for 13, 33 and F2 is a deal id make. Particularly in this draft.

p.s. thanks for the Rick Roll
Then we are paying some absolutely insane price of 13, F1 and F2 for Jackson…

No doubt Melbourne want that but I don't see how we get it. If we do somehow get it and give it to them, I am going for another team. Absolutely bonkers for an out of contract player that isn't a bonafide superstar.

I'd pay that for Petracca, a King, maybe Rozee, but no ****ing way for Jackson. You know how good he is when one quarter, that game where Big O got 12 clearances and a rising star is used as the selling point by everyone. Literally has very little actual performance to rate him with. He's so far off being worth that.

Why are we trading for pick 8 at all? What is this crap.

13 and our future 1st for Jackson and something back is enough.
Yeah this is it in a nutshell. if they want an early first rounder let them do the running around on-trading the generous bounty we have to offer. We've got more than enough on our plate without doing their beck and call. Who the hell are we dealing with here, Meghan Markle?

4 hours on a plane every second week and on the other side of the country. Seriously disadvantaged in a lot of things over here that is a massive deterrent for non WA born players. Sure sucks.
Yeah it would get old pretty quick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jackson is going to get ridden so hard by fans if we give up a kings ransom, and he doesn't produce anything of note straight away. Absolutely bloodbath of fan dissent incoming.

Given his age and position, that is highly likely.
That’s what I was thinking, the trade costs being talked about are so high that he’s being set up to fail

If Colin Young wasn't slimy enough already. This goes close to saying Fages and Clarko are good blokes and there is nothing to see here so let's just get them back to work. 🤮

OK for Logue, but what about Horne-Francis? Horne-Francis has kind of stated that he agreed that he'd play out his contract till the end of next year after Clarkson was made coach, but even then his comments indicated that he was open to moving this year.

North still have to weigh up if they think they can convince him to sign beyond 2023 - or whether they'll get more trade value before he's out of contract (ie this trade period).

This is the first trade period for 2 years where there's been no travel restrictions for Covid, so there might be more players on the move than in the past.

At the moment the speculation on trades is just based on the rumours mentioned so far - but come trade week we might find that the 5 or 6 players leaving Fremantle is going to be the standard number of trades for the other 17 clubs in the competition as well.

Over our 28 years in the comp how many of these 'big' trades have actually worked out in our favour?
I don't think we have come out in front on any of them. I think for this one at those prices, unless he actually is generational, I doubt we can win.

That’s what I was thinking, the trade costs being talked about are so high that he’s being set up to fail
I swear they don't consider stuff like this when planning these trades. Imagine if one of the players taken with a pick of ours becomes a jet or Logue turns into Rance. Dude will get flogged in the media even if he becomes a good player.

At this point, I am just hoping this doesn't derail the rebuild. It just has all the hallmarks of a hail mary, when we don't need to take one. This is the sort of thing you do if you botched the rebuild and need to do something radical to get back on track. It doesn't make sense in our position.

By all means, offer him 600k and be willing to give up a first rounder + change, but these prices both trade and salary just has catastrophe written all over it.

Jackson is going to get ridden so hard by fans if we give up a kings ransom, and he doesn't produce anything of note straight away. Absolutely bloodbath of fan dissent incoming.
Well if this was 2018 and two years into a rebuild, he'd have plenty of time and people would accept trading out older established players for a longer term strategy. But we're meant to be built by now and so I can have some sympathy for manning the pitchforks if he fails to produce the goods, even if that is too simplistic

Not one part of it makes sense to me so I have to conclude that I know **** all about anything and it's sent me reeling tbh.

I said in my member's feedback on the survey this morning 'please please please don't pay too much for any incoming players'.

Well if this was 2018 and two years into a rebuild, he'd have plenty of time and people would accept trading out older established players for a longer term strategy. But we're meant to be built by now and so I can have some sympathy for manning the pitchforks if he fails to produce the goods, even if that is to simplistic
I don't blame the fans either. Most of them are casual and won't look at the details to know its unrealistic to have any significant expectations on him early. On the surface, we are paying him like he is as good as Oliver or Cripps and he is miles off it. He's closer to Banfield's level than theirs.

Over our 28 years in the comp how many of these 'big' trades have actually worked out in our favour?
Does Cam Mac count as a big trade? We made out like bandits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back