Game Day 2022 Trade Period Match Thread

Have you installed a Rheem or felt the loving embrace of Continental Tyres safely guide your trip?

• Having a shower in my Rheem right now

Votes: 22 18.0%
  • No, what a stupid poll

Votes: 13 10.7%
  • YOU DONT KNOW ME

Votes: 22 18.0%
  • Luke Jackson

Votes: 65 53.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eagles should be biting Ports hand off for 27

We got 54 for Hogan and Willies off field issues are far worse
Also a Genuine KPF vs forward/(mid?) that doesn’t have the tank to be more than a pinch hitter in the guts.

The West suggesting WC may consider Narkle.
Stick Around Bob Ross GIF by Originals

The West suggesting WC may consider Narkle.

All part of our long game.

We woo Jackson. Get him to leave Melbourne. Play it cool by opening the door for WCE. Offer Melb peanuts. Watch WCE take Jackson in the PSD… leaving us open for one of the all time best swoops with one Quinton Narkle with our own PSD picks.

All part of our long game.

We woo Jackson. Get him to leave Melbourne. Play it cool by opening the door for WCE. Offer Melb peanuts. Watch WCE take Jackson in the PSD… leaving us open for one of the all time best swoops with one Quinton Narkle with our own PSD picks.
and all we have to do is ignore the dual factor that

1. He can be picked up as a DFA

and

2. He is shit

Melbourne are putting their starting offer out to market via Twomey. It is merely an attempt at pre conditioning Walls and Bell to soften to their initial offer. The strategy only works if Belly and Walls actually give a F***k what people think or are doubting their strategy.

I somehow don’t think Belly and Walls will be intimidated.

The best thing they can do is to not acknowledge the offer and pretend it never happened or laugh/flinch when they are presented with the offer in an interview. Then place an extreme offer in their favour.

Melbourne have more to lose here then Freo and Freo know it.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Melbourne are putting their starting offer out to market via Twomey. It is merely an attempt at pre conditioning Walls and Bell to soften to their initial offer. The strategy only works if Belly and Walls actually give a F***k what people think or are doubting their strategy.

The best thing they can do is to not acknowledge the offer and pretend it never happened or laugh/flinch when they are presented with the offer in an interview. Then place an extreme offer in their favour.

Exactly. Make the f*ckers sweat on the threat of him walking to the PSD for the entire duration of the trade period.

What would it look like for us to not budge the whole trade period. WCE to do a split - offer up one of the two picks and a future 2nd to Melb for Jackson, who comes in to replace Nic Nat long term, still hold a top 10 pick, and we walk away with nothing?
Sounds great to me. We then hold Lobb to his contract and breathe a huge sigh of relief.

What would it look like for us to not budge the whole trade period. WCE to do a split - offer up one of the two picks and a future 2nd to Melb for Jackson, who comes in to replace Nic Nat long term, still hold a top 10 pick, and we walk away with nothing?
I can accept that and I think all Freo fans could accept that

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Makes a lot more sense fit-wise to be honest

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You reckon it might be a busy week or so for Jackson's manager to try and help broker some kind of realistic deal for Jackson with either us or WCE.

If he goes to the PSD then it wouldn't take North 10 seconds to grab him and Jackson is stuck in Melbourne. Which would be a sackable offense for his manager.

It's irrelevant anyway, Jackson will be at Freo next year, only question is how much we pay and how stubborn we want to be.

Push comes to shove, Melbourne dont turn down two mid ranged first round picks and I'd argue that's pretty fair value for a dude still largely potential based anyway

I would much rather miss out on Jackson than pay that price, what a piss weak football club if what we give up is anywhere near that, 13 and future first is already way overs. wtf does Jackson fix for this team? id rather go to the draft with those picks and select nothing but natural forwards FFS.

This is shaping up as our worst off-season performance in a long time.

Thanks for coming to my TED TALK melt.

I would much rather miss out on Jackson than pay that price, what a piss weak football club if what we give up is anywhere near that, 13 and future first is already way overs.

This is shaping up as our worst off-season performance in a long time.
Just with the sheer number of players leaving I see no way we come out of this trade period with any positives at all.

It will be hard to beat 2018 as the worst off season but it's definitely gonna be close

Wouldn't mind Mahoney back at Melbourne. His press conferences and pandering was hilarious during the Hogan trade.

Just with the sheer number of players leaving I see no way we come out of this trade period with any positives at all.

It will be hard to beat 2018 as the worst off season but it's definitely gonna be close
It could still work out OK.

In terms of like to like (ish)

Lobb for Jackson
Acres for Sharp
Logue for Corbett
Tucker for Allen
Meek for Broadbent

We can't replace Mundy, but we can hope Fyfe plays a few more games next year.

Look Freo won’t be shafted here and Melbourne won’t either.
If the trade is 2 firsts something like a 2nd will be coming back.

It may take a while for the desk to get done depending on our other trades but Melbourne need currency to get Grundy in and I’m sure they won’t want to leave that late either.

Deal will be done by Friday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I could accept that. I couldn't deal with the media pile on "freo push out all these players and still miss out on their man"
Sounds great to me. We then hold Lobb to his contract and breathe a huge sigh of relief.

I can accept that and I think all Freo fans could accept that
Makes a lot more sense fit-wise to be honest

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah same. Just find it interesting the perspectives that we can bend Melbourne over the table and play chicken when there's a viable alternative for Jackson to get home that doesn't involve us. And makes sense.

It could still work out OK.

In terms of like to like (ish)

Lobb for Jackson
Acres for Sharp
Logue for Corbett
Tucker for Allen
Meek for Broadbent

We can't replace Mundy, but we can hope Fyfe plays a few more games next year.

A lot of those are a net loss for 2023, a few might be wins 2024/5 onwards but it’s a long bow. I think we saving money for a free agent next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back