Game Day 2022 Trade Period Match Thread

Have you installed a Rheem or felt the loving embrace of Continental Tyres safely guide your trip?

• Having a shower in my Rheem right now

Votes: 22 18.0%
  • No, what a stupid poll

Votes: 13 10.7%
  • YOU DONT KNOW ME

Votes: 22 18.0%
  • Luke Jackson

Votes: 65 53.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
John Ralph: "If the Lions trade Dunkley for a future first and pick 21, the Dogs can trade 21 on for Lobb and then the Dockers can ontrade it to Hawthorn for O’Meara. Lots of moving parts but it’s one way to get the deals done"

Yeah ok Ralphie, so you reckon O'Meara (a 28 year old mid with an injured past history) is worth about the same to the Dockers as Lobb (Our leading goal scorer last year). Sorry but no f##king way. O'Meara is a swap for Meek. Nothing more, nothing less.

Here's a few of my innovations to tide you over:

— Slice of bread of choice spread with goats cheese, sliced poached chicken (with a sprinkle of lemon juice and black pepper), (s)mashed beetroot, rocket, goats cheese spread on slice of bread of your choice.

— Slice of bread of your choice, panfried (to slight blackening) rounds of chorizo, roast red capsicum, sliced aged cheddar (or manchego, if you prefer), slice of bread of your choice.

— slice of bread of your choice spread with cream cheese, 2-3 slices of panfried (or grilled, if you prefer) shortcut bacon, cos lettuce leaf, cream cheese spread on slice of bread of your choice.

I offer these to the world in the hope that a few decent vegetarian sandwich options find their way back to me, because I don't always want to be having meat in my sandwiches (oo-er!). Cheese (tasty) and tomato remains a staple, but some variety wouldn't go astray. Grilled veg wraps are good but labour intensive. Would be quite partial to a felafel wrap, but I'm yet to find a supply of pre-made felafel that isn't way dry, or at least a killer super smoky babaganoush that would add the necessary (flavoursome) moisture.

had some leftover tandoori chicken, put it in a toastie, 10/10 would eat again
The Balmoral Hotel (in Vic Park) once did a dish called the "trailer trash burger".* It was essentially a fully loaded steak-sanga with a ham & cheese toastie as the buns. I've held that useless information for ages but now I finally feel people would enjoy such information.

*If anyone actually completed this monstrosity, please let me know, was an absolutely insane feast!

GC are the 'friend' we've been abusing for years and have decided to stand up for themselves with Sharp.

A few moments ago...

Bell: "Craig, stop trying to make 'fetch' happen, it's NOT going to happen"

Bored Richard Hammond GIF by DriveTribe

I wish this JOM deal would just get wrapped up without anything to do with the Lobb deal.
I’m sure the AFL is keeping this apart to keep some level of interest

Wouldn't Lobb actually enjoy only playing forward next year? (Instead of ruck).
Can't someone at the club offer his bloody girlfriend a job in Perth or something.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wouldn't Lobb actually enjoy only playing forward next year? (Instead of ruck).
Can't someone at the club offer his bloody girlfriend a job in Perth or something.
I'm fairly sure her step dad (Steve Rosich) set her up with a fairly cushy job in Melbourne when he left Freo. Would be difficult to trump.

Saints put 9 and Hunter Clark on the table for pick 3 and North knocked that back!

Hunter Clark goes quite good. What am I missing here!?

If Hunter Clark goes for Norths F2, which is a pick before their PP, meaning Clark, probably on half the salary of Logue's, I'll be very filthy

In all seriousness I think I'm now fine with Freo getting all these deals done. JOM will want some success after a career filled with little - I expect he'll work his backside off to help find that success. I think there is a risk with Sharp but like Clark I think he'll take the next step at Freo so I don't mind paying a bit over - his outside speed and run will suit our game style imo.

Happy to f off Lobb because although he has been important structurally this year think we can cover him just like we did covering losing Cerra. It's not like he kicked 50+ goals.

Let Meek go to get JOM/Sharp done - we have two high quality ruck options and we can get a mature age backup cheap in the draft if we need to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back