Game Day 2022 Trade Period Match Thread

Have you installed a Rheem or felt the loving embrace of Continental Tyres safely guide your trip?

• Having a shower in my Rheem right now

Votes: 22 18.0%
  • No, what a stupid poll

Votes: 13 10.7%
  • YOU DONT KNOW ME

Votes: 22 18.0%
  • Luke Jackson

Votes: 65 53.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How much are Eagles willing to play nice? Jackson at PSD pick 2 can’t be ignored… unless they can’t afford or we have some sort of deal in principle, like here’s Meek if you don’t take Jackson.

No other club would take him in PSD if he wants to play WA.

There will be lots of cloaks and daggers on this one.

Involve him in Grundy trade I say.

How much are Eagles willing to play nice? Jackson at PSD pick 2 can’t be ignored… unless they can’t afford or we have some sort of deal in principle, like here’s Meek if you don’t take Jackson.

I could fly to the moon with a carrot up my arse before Melbourne will let Jackson go to the PSD

I could fly to the moon with a carrot up my arse before Melbourne will let Jackson go to the PSD

Yes, I know. Hence why we place pick 13 and F2 on the table and walk away. At a scramble we ‘accept’ pick 13 and F1 with a F2 coming back. Which I think is fair… but I actually don’t want fair. I want us to ream them because of Langdon and Hogan deals that both went massively in their favour… at the time and also in hindsight.

Yes, I know. Hence why we place pick 13 and F2 on the table and walk away. At a scramble we ‘accept’ pick 13 and F1 with a F2 coming back. Which I think is fair… but I actually don’t want fair. I want us to ream them because of Langdon and Hogan deals that both went massively in their favour… at the time and also in hindsight.

Exactly. 13 and a future 2 is more than fair…

they don’t like it how about they deal with West Coast.

we keep our 1st this year and next, get some currency to move up the order.

wouldn‘t be surprised if we could turn next years 19 from North into something very worthwhile this year.

Last edited:
Well they’re not going to just say we’ll take pick 13 and a future 2nd.

Will come down to who blinks first. WCE with PSD pick 2 is a problem, but I’m sure there’s ways to protect that. Like put a price on his head etc.
Could do that, but a reasonable trade price from us verses losing him for nothing to WC in the PSD is pretty persuasive on its own.

All from a playbook we went through with Cerra.

He’s already involved in the Grundy trade, they have 32 and 50 this year. Their only hope of landing Grundy is to use whatever we give them for Jackson. Which is why they can’t afford it to go down to the last 5 mins of the trade period.

Sharp no guarantee.

3 clubs talking to Corbett.

Melbourne making the Jackson trade difficult.

Shit load of players leaving and not many wanting to come, even though we are on the rise. We have some of the most boisterous packed out venues at possibility the best stadium in Aus. What the heck is going on 🤔

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't see why Fremantle should be expected to pay more for an out of contract Jackson than Richmond would for a former #2 pick, Best and Fairest winning midfielder and then another contracted top ten drafted midfielder.

I think Jackson should be the same value as Taranto.

Corbett's management is doing a fantastic job telling every media piece how he has about 20 clubs interested in him. I'm ok with picking him up but it should be basically no more than costing a list spot...

If you're working with Melbourne you're telling the journalists that you're all over Corbett as a finger in the eye to Fremantle for winning Jackson a year ago.

Key links for the next week and a half

Luke Jackson finally nominates Freo: Make Me Purple: Jackson Picks Dockers

Never been got before. Prick

'Onya Snuff.

On SM-G955F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I’m entirely comfortable with making the fair offer on day one, and saying that’s it…

Tell us now, yes/no…
very comfortable with taking all our picks and having Rory stay another year
No need to be aggressive about it. We have trades in play. They have players leaving and arriving too. Other opportunities may arrise.

I dont even think this can be properly true because we literally cant meet that request
It seems we have been working with Port to upgrade pick 13 to pick 8. Melbourne know this and want something earlier but let’s be honest they aren’t going to be knocking back pick 8 plus decent change.

Melbourne dig heels in and say top 7 pick plus F1st knowing that is higher than any pick we can actually acquire. We upgrade 13 to pick 8 and offer that alone.

Ends up being something more like the Hogan trade:
8 + PP-F2nd (20-24) > Jackson + 43

I reckon PP-F2nd with change will be enough for Melbourne to secure Brodie Grundy.

Last edited:
The only way I see us getting through this trade period with our pants still up is by being fully comfortable with the possibility of Jackson ending up at west coast through the PSD.
Would suck if he lives up to his full potential there and ****s us over in future derbies but it’s better than being suckers and over paying for players and then having to give up our assets for unders.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Corbett's management is doing a fantastic job telling every media piece how he has about 20 clubs interested in him. I'm ok with picking him up but it should be basically no more than costing a list spot...
The article I read indicates we’re the favourites for Corbett. Not going to cost much F4?

GC also doing some posturing re: Sharp but expect that to get done. Ryan Daniels indicated he expects him to get to Freo. Prob cost the PP-F3rd from North that we potentially get for Tucker.

If that fails. Cal Twomey was saying late this afternoon that Hawks are very much into Meek and likely cost is 2nd round pick. F2nd for Meek and that could be ontraded for both Sharp and Corbett.

For the Meek trade, would we prefer:

Jai Serong, straight swap.
Add something and go for DGB
The F2 that we'll probably need for Sharp

(Brockman has just signed a 1 year extension, and is off the table)

The article I read indicates we’re the favourites for Corbett. Not going to cost much F4?

GC also doing some posturing re: Sharp but expect that to get done. Ryan Daniels indicated he expects him to get to Freo. Prob cost the PP-F3rd from North that we potentially get for Tucker.

If that fails. Cal Twomey was saying late this afternoon that Hawks are very much into Meek and likely cost is 2nd round pick. F2nd for Meek and that could be ontraded for both Sharp and Corbett.
Is a North F3 "compelling" for the Suns? I wouldnt have thought so but that should basically be the value of a 2nd round pick struggling to get a game in a bottom side after 3 years. I'll be a bit miffed if we pay much more than that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back