2023/2024 Gold Coast Draft & Trade periods

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dont you have gun academy kids next year?
Yeah, first round this year would be much better but they will probably use it on Bruhn, Henry. Just and idea, not excited about it. Hopefully, it's not Cats but rather Hawks, Saints.

How about Eagles? What would they offer?

Yeah, first round this year would be much better but they will probably use it on Bruhn, Henry. Just and idea, not excited about it. Hopefully, it's not Cats but rather Hawks, Saints.

How about Eagles? What would they offer?
Reckon Eagles would be our best value. Just more whether bowes is keen and if Eagles are keen on bowes.

Someone needs to pay for this..

This has Collingwood 2020 trade fiasco written all over it.

Only one bloke to blame.
The same guy who pretty much ran GWS into the ground.. losing all of its Stars.
Joined the Suns end of 2017 just in time to hand out blank cheques to half the team.

Now he trying to get the blank cheques back without being noticed…

🤔

Someone needs to pay for this..

This has Collingwood 2020 trade fiasco written all over it.

Only one bloke to blame.
The same guy who pretty much ran GWS into the ground.. losing all of its Stars.
Joined the Suns end of 2017 just in time to hand out blank cheques to half the team.

Now he trying to get the blank cheques back without being noticed…

🤔

Yep, he should do a Ned Guy and fall on his sword and **** off.

Just as bad as Clayton and turned concessions into **** all.

Alarm bells were ringing when he left GWS.

At least Wayne Campbell seems like he has a plan.

Last edited:
Pies did a salary cap dump with Treloar, Stephenson and Phillips and I’m sure Jen will confirm the supporters were pissed.

They have turned it around pretty quick nothing stopping us doing the same. The other clubs are coming like vultures cause of this news but I really hope we keep Bowes

Pies did a salary cap dump with Treloar, Stephenson and Phillips and I’m sure Jen will confirm the supporters were pissed.

They have turned it around pretty quick nothing stopping us doing the same. The other clubs are coming like vultures cause of this news but I really hope we keep Bowes

They sacked their coach and president 🤔

True pioneers of salary cap dumping.

I’m used to it in the NBA. Never get attached to players, just get your heart broken.

Because they got a new recruiting manager and a new GM..

Surely someone has to admit someone messed up..

We are in uncharted territories in the history of the AFL

I also wonder what the AFL thinks.

Gave us an assistance package.. yet pretty much pissed most of it up the wall..

Pushed picks back years

Traded a future first for a wingman who wants out.

Traded endless amount of picks to get half the return 12months later

And the latest.. handing out top 10 picks with players to fix someone’s incompetence

Pushed picks back years

And the latest.. handing out top 10 picks with players to fix someone’s incompetence

They are the ones ticking it off.

They didn’t have to approve salary cap dumping ?

Pushed picks back years

You know why AFL gave us so many picks? That's the easiest thing to do without strong oppositions from other clubs. Big clubs know well they will eventually benefit from so many extra picks too as you could see the last 3 years through picks trades, salary dumps, players leaving. Suns basically are development base for other clubs.

Extra salary cap is the most efficient tool to assist combined with extra funding into soft cap, development, academy. The reality is that during covid we were not even allowed to spend reduced soft cap.

Extra salary cap would never go through due to McGuire and other big clubs opposition. With extra money we could actually attract top players and hurt them. I still remember McGuire ranting against extra cap.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cameron is the most incompetent list manager in the competition, staggering he has a job in the AFL system.

You know why AFL gave us so many picks? That's the easiest thing to do without strong oppositions from other clubs. Big clubs know well they will eventually benefit from so many extra picks too as you could see the last 3 years through picks trades, salary dumps, players leaving. Suns basically are development base for other clubs.

Extra salary cap is the most efficient tool to assist combined with extra funding into soft cap, development, academy. The reality is that during covid we were not even allowed to spend reduced soft cap.

Extra salary cap would never go through due to McGuire and other big clubs opposition. With extra money we could actually attract top players and hurt them. I still remember McGuire ranting against extra cap.

I don't comment here very often, because I'm from the ole school and have no interest whatsoever in getting into the the social media crap........the only thing I use my phone for, is to let me know what time it is.........I know. I know ...I'm an ole fart

But I firmly believe in ...... "believe nothing you read and only half what you see".

And to be honest here, most people seem to be going off, and basing there opinions on what some journo puts in print...

None of us here on his footy forum have any idea what is the actual story here (SO I'M TOLD)....and to be quite honest really, I don't give a sh*t...

The only question I need to ask myself, at the end of the day, is ....."do I wish to continue supporting this Club"

And until the proof is in the pudding............the answer is YES...

It's about time some of you stop believing everything you read or hear.......

Rant over

I don't comment here very often, because I'm from the ole school and have no interest whatsoever in getting into the the social media crap........the only thing I use my phone for, is to let me know what time it is.........I know. I know ...I'm an ole fart

But I firmly believe in ...... "believe nothing you read and only half what you see".

And to be honest here, most people seem to be going off, and basing there opinions on what some journo puts in print...

None of us here on his footy forum have any idea what is the actual story here (SO I'M TOLD)....and to be quite honest really, I don't give a sh*t...

The only question I need to ask myself, at the end of the day, is ....."do I wish to continue supporting this Club"

Rant over
I don't think this is the thread for you

I saw it a few times on the Trade board and asked where it was reported and got crickets back as an answer.
I think it was a totally made up figure and everyone ran with it

Sounds like the figure has been reverse engineered on BF - how bad would his contract be that they would have to give up pick 7 outright?

Could be a really horrific trade period if things don't start improving.
Let's see -
1: 4 already delisted BUT no-one of any note
2: Rankine probably gone and will be missed
3: Sharp wants to go home - potential and worth keeping for at least one more year
4: Corbett, Burgess reportedly getting interest from another club - solid and great 2nd string players
5: Bowes - on the chopping block. Never quite been given a go BUT if salary is correct, he's way over paid as a support player.

That's potentially 9 players leaving with no definite arrivals (maybe Long).

...and of course we signed Caleb Graham to a 4 year contract at who knows what amount!

We still have Rory, Day and Atkins salaries creating issues as well.

Desperately need Anderson and Rowell to resign OR a big couple of signings to get the confidence levels up again.

Rant over
Honestly, I was surprised that's the impression (in bold) you got from my post. It's just my view. You may disagree or even find it ridiculous. That's fine, I have no issue with that and should be able to handle it. That's the beauty of social media. We share different views, mostly respectfully. But telling me what to do, sorry, it does not sit too well with me. I am too old for it.

FYI, I certainly don't believe everything I read or hear :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back