2023/2024 Gold Coast Draft & Trade periods

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Putting this here, but could certainly Go in the rumour thread instead.
I am told of a semi big name interested in coming. Has a few years left on his contract at the moment, but interested in coming up.

Maybe there is something in the works after all
So a Semi Bigun šŸ˜‚

Will be interesting to see if we do the pick swap with the dogs whether Treloar is included somehow. Guess it comes down to how badly the dogs want his cap removed from their books.
Might make it easier for the Dogs fans to accept Treloar leaving if pick 4 is coming back their way. I'd imagine we'd be asking for a second rounder as well.

Aren't Treloar and Dunkley best mates? Treloar's wife is Kim Ravaillon and she still plays pro netball for the Firebirds which means she's based in south east Queensland with his daughter. Plenty of reasons for 'Ads' to move to the Suns.

Yeah something like that, last time he rejected coming to us because he wanted to stay in Victoria so seems like heā€™s sick of it, Josh dunkley has been essential to brisbanes plans this year.

Treloar is very versatile, heā€™s basically Lachie Weller during covid but better. We need that pace back in the guts we have gun midfielders but all workhorses

Might make it easier for the Dogs fans to accept Treloar leaving if pick 4 is coming back their way. I'd imagine we'd be asking for a second rounder as well.

Pick 4 being the centrepiece of a trade for 30 year old B+ grader... At very best he would be worth a late 1st / early 2nd given his age.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So howā€™s out list spots goingā€¦

Jed Anderson gone.
Constable gone.
Chol going?
Hollands going?
Sharp going/gone
Blakely retired

Who have I missedā€¦
Seems we need to find more players then the 4 kids

Collingwood have 10 midfielders, we defs need more than 4
We need more than 4 of the same type, meaning we need some outside dash running through wings, half back and half forward that can add some bursts at centre bounces when needed.

3 years ago Treloar was a good get. Now, he isnā€™t exactly an ideal candidate for us. Depends (if true) what it costs, but heā€™s not the first contracted player Iā€™d want, let alone first contract player from the Dogs.

We need more than 4 of the same type, meaning we need some outside dash running through wings, half back and half forward that can add some bursts at centre bounces when needed.

3 years ago Treloar was a good get. Now, he isnā€™t exactly an ideal candidate for us. Depends (if true) what it costs, but heā€™s not the first contracted player Iā€™d want, let alone first contract player from the Dogs.

Premiership player Oleg Markovā€¦ perfect

If somehow treloar does wanna come to us 4 years to late he is 30 with a pretty lengthy injury list
I wouldnā€™t want to pay overs for him with picks or cap space
If thatā€™s our ā€œbig fishā€ we should probably keep the rod in the pond
Surely thereā€™s a quality tigers player who loves dimma like a dad we can pry out

I donā€™t think we are in a situation to knock back any best 22 player, no matter their profile. Even dumbnuts TT.

We have to start the cycle of regularly attracting best 22 players. We have never had it, and we will likely never make a GF without it.
Great point. Perception is everything when it comes to recruiting for a footy club. How else would Geelong have so much success in recruiting players ahead of the big Melbourne clubs? We need a circuit breaker to really make a statement that we are a desirable club and should be considered by all players looking for a move. Treloar this year could flow into a free agent like Andrew McGrath next year. We just have to get the ball rolling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back