• Doedee

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Schoenberg

Votes: 23 27.1%
  • Milera

Votes: 6 7.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Four Adelaide players and two Central District players have been cited for engaging in a melee at half-time of the Round 3 match at X Convenience Oval on Saturday.

Adelaide

Lachlan Gollant – 2nd low-level offence in 12 months ($125 fine & reprimand)

Shane McAdam – 1st low-level offence in 12 months (reprimand)

Tariek Newchurch – 1st low-level offence in 12 months (reprimand)

Isaya McKenzie – 1st low-level offence in 12 months (reprimand)

Central
Justin Hoskin – 1st low-level offence in 12 months (reprimand)

Jez McLennan – 1st low-level offence in 12 months (reprimand)

Adelaide’s Shane McAdam has been offered a reprimand with an early guilty plea for engaging in rough conduct with Central’s George Kendall at X Convenience Oval on Saturday.

Shane McAdam (Adelaide) – Rough Conduct (Dangerous Tackle)

Conduct:
Careless

Impact: Low

Base Sanction: $125 fine and reprimand

Early Guilty Plea: Reprimand

So that’s a 3 week suspension and 2 reprimands in 2 matches for McAdam this year.

And he wanted to take on the Centrals crowd post-game too.

That’s quite the rap sheet for McAdam this season!
Kendall should have got an Oscar for that performance...

Thoughts on the match: Watched first half.
Dowling looks the goods. Moves well and looks like he will be a player.
Thought Berry was pretty good for the half I've watched.
Parnell took the game on but his size is somewhat of a concern at AFL level.
Schoenberg looks to be showing some improvement. Was involved in some good forward movement.
McAdam too good for this level. Was going at half power. I would get him back in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Four Adelaide players and two Central District players have been cited for engaging in a melee at half-time of the Round 3 match at X Convenience Oval on Saturday.

Adelaide

Lachlan Gollant – 2nd low-level offence in 12 months ($125 fine & reprimand)

Shane McAdam – 1st low-level offence in 12 months (reprimand)

Tariek Newchurch – 1st low-level offence in 12 months (reprimand)

Isaya McKenzie – 1st low-level offence in 12 months (reprimand)

Central
Justin Hoskin – 1st low-level offence in 12 months (reprimand)

Jez McLennan – 1st low-level offence in 12 months (reprimand)

Adelaide’s Shane McAdam has been offered a reprimand with an early guilty plea for engaging in rough conduct with Central’s George Kendall at X Convenience Oval on Saturday.

Shane McAdam (Adelaide) – Rough Conduct (Dangerous Tackle)

Conduct:
Careless

Impact: Low

Base Sanction: $125 fine and reprimand

Early Guilty Plea: Reprimand

Embarrassing for the league that the tackle was considered worth a reprimand.

Thoughts on the match: Watched first half.
Dowling looks the goods. Moves well and looks like he will be a player.
Thought Berry was pretty good for the half I've watched.
Parnell took the game on but his size is somewhat of a concern at AFL level.
Schoenberg looks to be showing some improvement. Was involved in some good forward movement.
McAdam too good for this level. Was going at half power. I would get him back in.
Must have been watching a different game, I saw nothing from McAdam that made me want him back in the team .. His stat line of 8 touches, 2 behinds is hardly proof of him being too good for the level. The age of golden passes is gone, you have to earn your spot in this team

Well OK please explain what the issue was then...17 AFL listed players against a team that boasted 2 formerly AFL listed players Aaron Nietschke (0 games) and Jez McLennan (0 games).
Centrals played well?

We kicked badly?

Umpiring didn't go our way?

The rhythm of the game favoured Centrals?

I just think it's simplistic to say "we didn't try hard enough". I think players always try - there's a million other things that can impact a game, including being mentally off. Even that doesn't mean you're arrogant. I think that's a pretty insulting assumption to make.

Centrals played well?

We kicked badly?

Umpiring didn't go our way?

The rhythm of the game favoured Centrals?

I just think it's simplistic to say "we didn't try hard enough". I think players always try - there's a million other things that can impact a game, including being mentally off. Even that doesn't mean you're arrogant. I think that's a pretty insulting assumption to make.
The rhythm of the game....I've heard it all now.

The rhythm of the game....I've heard it all now.
Look, if you can't see that there are ebbs and flows in games, I don't know what to tell you.

The only suggestion that I think is obviously bullshit is to pretend they somehow didn't try because they're arrogant. That's Facebook comments, talkback radio level of analysis l.

Look, if you can't see that there are ebbs and flows in games, I don't know what to tell you.

The only suggestion that I think is obviously bullshit is to pretend they somehow didn't try because they're arrogant. That's Facebook comments, talkback radio level of analysis l.
LOL

You do realise not being switched on and lacking intensity from the get go thinking it would be an easy kill is far far different to not trying. 17 AFL players vs 2 delisted AFL players Aaron Neitschke and Jez McLennan....not too mention quite a few youngsters as well in that Doggies team.

Very poor performance is the only descriptor that fits, there ain't no way to polish that turd of a performance by the lads.

And btw can you point out where I said they didn't try?

Last edited:
We were similar against West Adelaide. Started slowly, didn't seem on. Luckily they are worse than Centrals and we overran them
well centrals did recruit about 40 players so they would hope they're a bit better

Remove this Banner Ad

2nds 2023 Adelaide Crows SANFL thread

Back