• Doedee

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Schoenberg

Votes: 23 27.1%
  • Milera

Votes: 6 7.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes he does have to prove himself .....34 games in 3 years, and most were spew worthy

Is he in our Top 10 B&F this year ......is he in our top 10 paid players next year ?
Is he in our team?

Did we just offer him a contract extension? Do you think the contract extension was for him to play SANFL for us?

Is he in our team?

Did we just offer him a contract extension? Do you think the contract extension was for him to play SANFL for us?
You're saying Crouch has now gone from a universal delist 8 weeks ago ....to now an automatic selection ?

That's a strange position to take .....what about the other players who dropped back to the SANFL for Finals ......not in Crouch's class?

No DABM .....it's wrong ! ....He played 17 odd games in the SANFL .....I don't know how he allowed himself to do that, given his class

Is he in our team?

You're saying Crouch has now gone from a universal delist 8 weeks ago ....to now an automatic selection ?

That's a strange position to take .....what about the other players who dropped back to the SANFL for Finals ......not in Crouch's class?

No DABM .....it's wrong ! ....He played 17 odd games in the SANFL .....I don't know how he allowed himself to do that, given his class

Which other players are these?

Not too many Best 22 locks that I can see

Huh ? ....the Crouch and Jacobs situations are completely different

Jacobs was at the end of his career, trying to squeeze another couple of seasons out .....he had agreed to leave the Club ....why put that at risk ?

Crouch is younger, staying at the Club ....and is no different to any other Crows listed player, playing SANFL .....can they also pick and choose when to play ?

Certainly can when you're a best 22 player at AFL level and it's SANFL level.

After all, an ACL occurring to Crouch does more damage to us then the benefit we get with the SANFL side winning a semi-final. Especially because of how much we struggled with finding a third inside midfielder in the 2023 campaign, and there isn't much to indicate that'll improve without Crouch.

Last edited:
None
But there are two out of contract players in Hately and Brown who to their credit are still playing their hearts out as our two main mids. Crouch should be playing to help his team mates win.
And their other option would be to do what?

Close the door on their AFL ambitions?

They're trying to earn a contract, with us or anyone else. They're trying to impress.

And their other option would be to do what?

Close the door on their AFL ambitions?

They're trying to earn a contract, with us or anyone else. They're trying to impress.
If SANFL is truly meaningless we would have already decided the fates of these players and they would indeed be playing for nothing.

What is the point of giving game time to a guy in our development side when we don't care about winning and have practically already delisted them?

If SANFL is truly meaningless we would have already decided the fates of these players and they would indeed be playing for nothing.

What is the point of giving game time to a guy in our development side when we don't care about winning and have practically already delisted them?
It's not meaningless for them

Not everyone is getting delisted, only some of them

It's not meaningless for them

Not everyone is getting delisted, only some of them
We are in charge of the team though and its selections. Why are we wasting coaching resources on players that won't be on our list in games that don't matter?

We are in charge of the team though and its selections. Why are we wasting coaching resources on players that won't be on our list in games that don't matter?
We have to field a full team

Wouldn't be surprised if Nicks and Rahilly have started their annual leave

We have to field a full team

Wouldn't be surprised if Nicks and Rahilly have started their annual leave
Field some top ups then and focus the resources on guys that will be there. Play them in their best positions for maximum development.

Field some top ups then and focus the resources on guys that will be there. Play them in their best positions for maximum development.
That is what we're doing

Didn't even bother challenging Wright's pathetic suspension

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Which other players are these?

Not too many Best 22 locks that I can see
Keane is a certainty for Round One with Doedee, Murray and possibly Butts unavaiable for most/all of the season. I would have been inclined to put him in ice as well.

The stupidity over the last few years by some posters claiming that we were drafting/trading for players to win a SANFL flag was/is a total joke.

The one obligation of the club is to have the best team possible for Round of the 2024 AFL. The Nank has already picked up a bad injury.

I also think that Dowling and Parnell will be pushing for Round 1 action next year.

CMON Boys

Fire the hell up. Its gameday for spot in the grand final. Win the flag and AFL reserves will hopefully be forced to come in sooner so we can leave this comp.
John Wayne sleeping.gif

Keane is a certainty for Round One with Doedee, Murray and possibly Butts unavaiable for most/all of the season. I would have been inclined to put him in ice as well.

The stupidity over the last few years by some posters claiming that we were drafting/trading for players to win a SANFL flag was/is a total joke.

The one obligation of the club is to have the best team possible for Round of the 2024 AFL. The Nank has already picked up a bad injury.

I also think that Dowling and Parnell will be pushing for Round 1 action next year.
How bad is the Nankervis injury?

Butts unavailble for “most of the season”?..

Club has said he’ll be doing a full preseason.. so he’ll be right by R1..

It’ll be Butts and Keane from R1 next year..

Doedee should right to go about round 5..

Murray after the mid season bye..

Knee’s dont take the full 12 months these days..

Even an old fart like sloane recovered from his knee injury in around 8-10 months..

Your “out for most/all of the season” for these lads is a bit ott..

That is what we're doing

Didn't even bother challenging Wright's pathetic suspension

I think we’d have challenged it if this was a knockout final. Think the club figured a challenge would likely just result in a 2 week suspension as he was very unlikely to get off at SANFL tribunal.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Prob wrong thread but alot of our boys are going to be behind the 8 ball re not being able to complete their off season fitness programs and doing rehab instead

Will be interesting to see how we start next season

Hopefully guys like Zac Taylor can help make up for it by getting super fit to start pre season well and set himself up

Remove this Banner Ad

2nds 2023 Adelaide Crows SANFL thread

Back