• Doedee

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Schoenberg

Votes: 23 27.1%
  • Milera

Votes: 6 7.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

This is about as expected , not many if any of our top ups would get a league game at any top 5 clubs let alone Glenelg

Was just amazed we started so well , hard to sustain it against quality opposition

If we played Sloane in the SANFL most of the year as Nick's should have he could of probably helped our midfield.

Strachan was the difference the last time these two teams played. Dominated the ruck and gave the Crows midfield first use. Not having him and Crouch really hurts the Crows. Ruck is Glenelg's weak spot

Plus, without Himmelberg, we're sucking up players like Gollant, Borlase and Clamp into the ruck, weakening other sectors.

Hopefully this encourages Reid/Hamish to you know, pick up another ruck. Or a forward who is ruck sized.

Nah playing as per usual, looks good when someone busts their guts to feed him the ball on gold platter but apart from that not interested in going in and getting the hard ball himself.

Yeah he plays like that every week but even worse this week. Reckon we kept him on the list this year for the SANFL side alone.

What a dirty quarter. Got smashed on the inside.
Smashed all Over the ground. Bays went one on one so we had no one to kick the ball to. They dominated in the air. Our mids also destroyed.
It does help when your allowed to put two arms around your opponent, pick them up, throw them aside and then take the ball out of the ruck and kick a goal while the umpires is apparently blind.
Bottom line is Glenelg are the best team in the SANFL. Have been all year. We would need our best team available to beat them and we don’t have that. As with last year, it’s also perfect for SANFL, we win one final then lose two and it’s an all SANFL GF. Just what they want.

Not getting out of this one. If Strachan and Wright come back in next week I’m reasonably confident we have Sturt covered and will get another shot.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is this either are able replacements for McAdam or we're not going to replace McAdam and instead change the role to do something else?

Because those are different things, and I'd definitely put money on the latter. Whilst both are certainly capable - we've never treated either as a replacement, nor have we ever tried to replace McAdam when we've lost him with a like-for-like.

Typically we do see some change, but I do agree that most of the change will be who is recruited to the club and not from our depth chart. For instance, if we don't go tall, we'll probably see whoever we pick at #9-12 as a likely round 1 starter. Ditto if we pick up a 23-24 year old SPP/rookie pick.

That said, Berry is the most likely of our depth players now to come into the best 22. We've had a lot of love for him as a prospect, and a bit like Jones and Schoenberg, we probably won't take long to bring him back if he has a good preseason. Nankervis, Taylor and Dowling might also have a good shot, especially if we look at adding to our outside midfield stocks, Jones is still injured and if we see any of them as a long-term inside midfielder. Rest I'm not confident on being anything other than injury cover.

watching Bicks thumbs down this post is hilarious. Suggest any of our current 23 should be dropped and you'll get a laugh or thumbs down. But somehow his favourites in the 2s are all,going to get plenty of opportunity on merit. Sometimes I wonder if realised we can only select 22 and a sub.

Remove this Banner Ad

2nds 2023 Adelaide Crows SANFL thread

Back