Player Watch 2023 AFL Draft Pool Discussion Thread

Who would you prefer we pick with our first pick?

• Nick Watson

Votes: 147 36.2%
  • Zane Duursma

Votes: 136 33.5%
  • Colby McKercher

Votes: 50 12.3%
  • Daniel Curtin

Votes: 51 12.6%
  • Nate Caddy

Votes: 10 2.5%
  • Conor O'Sullivan

Votes: 6 1.5%
  • Ryley Sanders

Votes: 4 1.0%
  • Darcy Wilson

Votes: 2 0.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Same rule applies to this thread as other years, keep it on topic about the kids.
Don’t get bogged down on what other teams might do or where they will finish.

Trade speculation belongs here.

That's also where you can discuss your mock drafts or pick trades.

Any McCabe, Dear or Maginness talk belongs here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dont expect Kosi to be there
Rama to make good strides over the summer to take that spot

You can always live trade if he still there

Good point.

I feel good about Rama's possibiities. Not sure about Kosi's situation. It's all been about rumours and nothing official . If we got a second rounder for Kosi I would be wrapt.

Good point.

Not sure about Kosi's situation. It's all been about rumours and nothing official . If we got a second rounder for Kosi I would be wrapt.
We're talking to Richmond about Kosi and their pick 25. I'm not sure what/if any other sweeteners are involved. The sticking point until now was Gresham, but since he's now increasingly looking like remaining at Saints there's no other fwd in the pool that would be worthwhile for them.

We're talking to Richmond about Kosi and their pick 25. I'm not sure what/if any other sweeteners are involved. The sticking point until now was Gresham, but since he's now increasingly looking like remaining at Saints there's no other fwd in the pool that would be worthwhile for them.

If we get #25 we would should make out like bandits. I wouldn't touch Gresham on the basis that Carlton cooled on him when they baulked at his asking price. Carlton ! The team of overpaying for under achievers...

Duursma at 3 Curtin at 6 - not a great result for us at all.
If we get #25 we would should make out like bandits. I wouldn't touch Gresham on the basis that Carlton cooled on him when they baulked at his asking price. Carlton ! The team of overpaying for under achievers...
They still have a tight cap. The really wanted Amon last year but couldn’t pony up the cash that we could - thank god!

The fact Tew jiath has made his way into the 25 rated players on the back of what seems like 4 weeks probably shows how even/weak this draft is outside the top 5 and academy players.
or maybe Tew is a half decent player - hoping he falls past 40 and we pick him up

Kosi will stay, as long as we continue to miss out on attracting players from other clubs who could conceivably replace him.

Jury definitely still out on Ramsden. I know a lot of people on this board have massive wraps for him, but he's struggled in his games at senior level.

Hopefully has a big summer and surprises the hell out of me next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kosi will stay, as long as we continue to miss out on attracting players from other clubs who could conceivably replace him.

Jury definitely still out on Ramsden. I know a lot of people on this board have massive wraps for him, but he's struggled in his games at senior level.

Hopefully has a big summer and surprises the hell out of me next year.
Kosi will go if we get what we're asking.
As for Max the jury I can tell you is very much in. He's very highly regarded and the club is very bullish about his progression with a full pre-season.

There is nothing stopping us drafting Tew Jiath before pick 40.
It just means we don't get a discount for nga.
Could still be worth it to have the brothers playing together

Will only do it if we rate him that highly. If I'm honest, acquiring another 2nd round pick just to pick up a back flanker (where we are stacked) for the sentiment of two brothers playing together isn't smart list management. If we rate even just 3 players higher than him then he won't be playing for Hawthorn, unless he slides.

Will only do it if we rate him that highly. If I'm honest, acquiring another 2nd round pick just to pick up a back flanker (where we are stacked) for the sentiment of two brothers playing together isn't smart list management. If we rate even just 3 players higher than him then he won't be playing for Hawthorn, unless he slides.
Yeah just personally if we get another pick in the 20's I'd go for Moir or preferably Collard if he was there.

It'll be annoying if North get an extra pick for nothing, but as far as GC goes, it doesn't really matter if they pick up Walter before or after our pick. Makes no difference whatsoever to us.
We don't have access to Walter.
Suggest you read your own posts.
We need a key forward and GCS pick and access to Walter is a huge difference to us.
Also if GC can get another pick in before a Walter bid it will push us down another pick.
None of what you wrote is correct.

So, Clarko was bemoaning the fact that the draft had whiskers on it and then they ask for the whole head! Absolute rubbish the way the AFL run this competition. If we finish bottom four next year, we should be knocking on their door as well.

Suggest you read your own posts.
We need a key forward and GCS pick and access to Walter is a huge difference to us.
Also if GC can get another pick in before a Walter bid it will push us down another pick.
None of what you wrote is correct.
I suggest you read my posts. Everything I wrote is correct, you just don't understand it.

Back