List Mgmt. 2023 Draft Thread - Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

I suppose It’s only bad if we miss finals.
Yep. You never know what could happen. We could have a stack of injuries. If it was a must have, then perhaps, but we’re probably just unwrapping the Xmas present early because we’re impatient. And I like Sanders a lot.
SOS can be very bold and creative with live trading…could be a great ride come draft night!!

Sanders
Wilson
Murphy
Collard
Tholstrup
Windsor
Edwards
Leake
Simpson
Stephens
DeMattia
Hardeman
Zakostelsky…..

Not enough draft picks 😬

N3EP831.gif
Qo7UhVI.gif

I personally have some reservations about Murphy & would prefer we take mids with at least our first pick, if not, Tholstrup may be a temptation.
Charlie Edwards & Cooper Simpson both have upside and have qualities we need in the midfield.
I'd imagine Simpson would make it to our second pick and I think Edwards would be a decent chance too.

Don’t be surprised if we take this Irish lad (Eion something) earlier than what he’s projected. I’ve heard he’s at the top of our draft board for who’s likely to be attainable, Due to speed and skill
Can we not just sign them as category B rookies if they are from Ireland?

I personally have some reservations about Murphy & would prefer we take mids with at least our first pick, if not, Tholstrup may be a temptation.
Charlie Edwards & Cooper Simpson both have upside and have qualities we need in the midfield.
It's the big question this year. To reach for potentially high ceiling mids or stick to best available.
Murphy l like but he's 3-4 years of development which doesn't fit our timeline. I'd probably rather pay a 1stRDP to trade for a 24yo CHB with form on the board.

Because of the eveness in this draft I'd be inclined to reach for mids.
Leake, Edwards, Simpson in that order.
We'd get 2/3 or 3/3 if we got very lucky.

Add Mannagh to fill a hole and draft an small forward next year.

Can someone sell me on Tholstrup?
I am currently tyre-kicking
We don’t need another half forward flanker who looks nothing special (lesson from Billings). We need mids who can win the ball and just accumulates. Owens, Winghager, Philipou all can rest forward, need a couple of genuine mids for once.. I see George Stevens, Cooper Simpson, Charlie Edwards as likely types

It's the big question this year. To reach for potentially high ceiling mids or stick to best available.
Murphy l like but he's 3-4 years of development which doesn't fit our timeline. I'd probably rather pay a 1stRDP to trade for a 24yo CHB with form on the board.

Leake will likely be gone by our pick 1, doubt Edwards makes it to our second pick, so would need to commit to Edwards with our first, which will end up being #17, then Simpson, which will end up pick #27!

At the boss’s last presser he stated priority will be given to speed & increase our midfield options

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heard Mick Ablett this morning on SEN talked about Kristian Ferronato who sounded good as a late pick/ rookie. Basketball background mid. Was in the Boomers squads I think they said.

I think it was Joe Fonti from WA he talked about as well. Sounded like another Wilkie but only 189cm. Plays a range of positions at a very high level.

Adam D'Aloia was another that was on track to be a star at under 17s level. Strong SA on baller Ollie Wines type. Seems to have dropped out of consideration.

Thinking best we could hope for is Edwards 1st pick, collard/gothard/tholstrup/detmattia 2nd pick and simpson/mcaulife 3rd pick/ trading up with pick 40 and future 3rd and then hope mannagh falls through
We may luck out with a slider as per Pou.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Does anyone know when Charlie Edwards was moved into the midfield in Coates league? I know it was 2nd half of season maybe last few rounds I dunno.

I don't rate Cordy & Howard as much as apparently you do? Cordy was fine until the final, Howard had a terrible year up until his injury.
Getting developing KPP's is fine, but if we still wanna be in the mix, its not going to be with those two, I'm afraid.

Well trade period is long over.
If you draft someone they probably wont be more effective than Cordy and Howard.
It's either a young kid ( and we haven't even seen much of Van Es Yet ), or someone from state level footy.
You probably won't get someone from state level footy better than Cordy or Howard.

You can say what about Wilkie? Wilkie probably would have been drafted if he'd been tall enough to be a key defender.

Leake will likely be gone by our pick 1, doubt Edwards makes it to our second pick, so would need to commit to Edwards with our first, which will end up being #17, then Simpson, which will end up pick #27!

I have the feeling Charlie Edwards is the player that Stavro hinted at, with us willing to bid up to get a pick between pick #13 & #21. The club are hoping he will slide to our second but other clubs are interested, hence the trade upgrade option.

No knowledge just a feeling...🤞

Next years draft is meant to be a midfielders draft- pretty deep too, with lots of really good prospects at this stage

If we had foresight and balls we'd try to trade our end of first round pick for a future first. ( Maybe even with a bit extra to us ).

I have the feeling Charlie Edwards is the player that Stavro hinted at, with us willing to bid up to get a pick between pick #13 & #21. The club are hoping he will slide to our second but other clubs are interested, hence the trade upgrade option.
It looks like Leake or Ollie Murphy stand a chance of being available but it's unlikely to be both.
I think the only question is if we'd trade a future 1st to get Edwards as there's little other option.
If we would be happy to pay p16 for Edwards in the first place then it stands to reason we'd be happy to do that deal.

It means we'd walk away with 2 players we're very happy with whilst moving back into the 2nd round next year. It only goes pear shaped if we tank it next year.

It looks like Leake or Ollie Murphy stand a chance of being available but it's unlikely to be both.
I think the only question is if we'd trade a future 1st to get Edwards as there's little other option.
If we would be happy to pay p16 for Edwards in the first place then it stands to reason we'd be happy to do that deal.

It means we'd walk away with 2 players we're very happy with whilst moving back into the 2nd round next year. It only goes pear shaped if we tank it next year.

Where does the future second come from?

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2023 Draft Thread - Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Back