List Mgmt. 2023 Draft Thread - Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

He's probably like Jiath from the Hawks in that regard. Great intercept player, not as great one on one.

AS likes to run and load up on his kicking which clears the midfield when he gets it right. To me he looks like a Sam Gilbert with better and longer kicking. Has a Daniel Rich boot though.

If he works out he's the type that makes a massive difference. Imagine Nas dishing it out to AS in space and Shoenmaker booting it to the top of the square without having to go through the midfield. The less touches these days the less chance of turn over.
I understand and agree.

But you also want your back 6 to defend one on one or be able to intercept which is where most scores come from.

He isn’t great here.

But that kicking is 🤤

Apparently we’re keen on Jiath, also Roberts & Hardeman as quick rebound defenders…would love to be a fly on the wall at a recruiting meeting!!

Yep I would make a considerable donation to the club if I could be involved in the drafting processes and meetings. I am like you I find this the most fascinating time of the footy year!

Worth noting I've seen toce at games here but not SOS. Surprisingly he was with gubby not SOS.
I couldn't quote work out what the pecking order amongst SOS and Gubby was, so it was interesting to hear the other day that SOS said Gunny was his boss.

Not really relevant to your post but just thought I'd mention that

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey Gringo I had another look at your late pick nomination in Will Lorenz. Rookie Central has him as lacking speed, but he tested ok at the combine and looks anything but slow when playing. Another left footer with excellent kicking would be a nice pick up late or as a rookie.

Ps. Does anyone know when the Twomey phantom draft will be out?

Hey Gringo I had another look at your late pick nomination in Will Lorenz. Rookie Central has him as lacking speed, but he tested ok at the combine and looks anything but slow when playing. Another left footer with excellent kicking would be a nice pick up late or as a rookie.

Ps. Does anyone know when the Twomey phantom draft will be out?
6pm

I think Jiath ticks a number of boxes from the highlights Ive seen.

High footy IQ
Elite skills
Evasive
Speed
Aerial ability

Cant see much one on one footage. To me he looks more composed than his brother CJ, good decision maker. CJ can be bit eractic and run himself into trouble.

Looking at the draft video's today

I think O.Murphy would be a waste as a high pick, coz I reckon W.Dawson & Z.Zakostelsky are just as good, if not better?

1. On class & combine testing I think L.Collard is possibly our best choice at pick 17.
Is he 180cm or 185cm as some media have him?

2. C.Simpson seems to be exactly what we need in a mid. & we might have to pick him higher at pick 26 & a Mt.Martha lad.
And I think he suits us better than Edwards, Wilson & Windsor.

3. If we want a KPD then W.Dawson gets the nod. T.Goad or W.Green- Ruck, may be hard to pass on.

4. K.McAuliffe with a bit more pace? is a Crouch or Steele clone?, Toce may like him too.

5. Cam Nyko sml. 178cm back pocket, which I think is a need, speedy & possibly best kick in the draft alongside Windsor.

Rookie Chances:

1. Will Brown- 194cm Tall mid. forward

2. T.O'Leary- 181cm run all day wingman who likes pushing forward for a goal & neat kick.

3. Lachie Smith- 202cm combative ruckman who may end up? a handy pick up.

Last edited:
I think Jiath ticks a number of boxes from the highlights Ive seen.

High footy IQ
Elite skills
Evasive
Speed
Aerial ability

Cant see much one on one footage. To me he looks more composed than his brother CJ, good decision maker. CJ can be bit eractic and run himself into trouble.
Admittedly only from highlights, but he looks like a chook with his head cut off more often than not. Would rather Hardeman or Roberts as halfbacks or Murphy as a developing key back with good ball use.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2023 Draft Thread - Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Back