Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems a good time to pin this:

OOC players:
  • Michael Hibberd (retired)
  • Deakyn Smith (delisted)
  • Andy Moniz-Wakefield
  • Jake Melksham (delisted, will be re-drafted as a rookie)
  • Luke Dunstan (retired)
  • James Jordon (signed with Sydney as a Free Agent)
  • Kye Turner (delisted)
Traded out:
  • James Harmes (Bulldogs)
  • Brodie Grundy (Sydney)
Traded in:
  • Tom Fullarton (Brisbane)
  • Jack Billings (St Kilda)
  • Shane McAdam (Adelaide)
Drafted:
  • Caleb Windsor (Pick 7)
  • Koltyn Tholstrup (Pick 13)
  • Kynan Brown (Rookie)

Last edited:
I agree but surely after two preseasons Jefferson would be pushing for selection this year, unless Brown and McDonald can somehow wind back the clock.

Yeah I start to get worried about players if they’re not pushing for senior selection in their second season, unless they’re 210cm rucks.

Not very good strike rate of becoming a good player if you’re nowhere near senior level after 2 seasons. And it’s not like they have to get past Carey and Riewoldt, we’re talking about going past geriatric Brown and Tmac.

I get why they did it but probably should have been ruthless and not kept Melk. Also not sure why after moving the grundy money we didn’t just pay out one of brown and TMac.
Melks the one I had the least issue with. Good Clubman and was still playing good footy. The others are ****ing piles of garbage. Ben Brown would be out bodied by Caleb Windsor on the first day of training

Brown, TMac and Schache on the list is so grim next year.

Shocking list management, but Schache takes the cake because we only re-signed him a few months ago.

Would have been a waaaay better use of a list spot to leave the spot open and take a state league ruck in the pre-season supplementals in case Gawn gets injured.

Has there been an update on the mid-season trade period? I remember them saying it could be introduced in 2024 after the new CBA was signed a couple of months back.

Could always get some more KPP depth at that point if necessary.

Shocking list management, but Schache takes the cake because we only re-signed him a few months ago.

Would have been a waaaay better use of a list spot to leave the spot open and take a state league ruck in the pre-season supplementals in case Gawn gets injured.
I'm not too fussed with Schache probably doesn't cost that much and can at least move around when he's on.

I used to be about this, but after thinking it thru, name me the last KPF who was used as a part time ruck to do their knee or such in the ruck? Ruck centre bounces aren't what they used to be.
Yeh knee ligaments aren’t so much the issue now it’s more just that it’s so bash and crash in the ruck and there are some pretty seasoned pros to combat in there.

I just don’t think it’s worth putting a young KPF body through it and there’s always the in-game risk of an errant knee to the kidney from physical guys like Nakervis or Wiits or dirty campaigners like Cox.

Melks the one I had the least issue with. Good Clubman and was still playing good footy. The others are ******* piles of garbage. Ben Brown would be out bodied by Caleb Windsor on the first day of training

Probably a bit harsh on Melk, but he won’t be playing AFL before August and will surely be his last year. Agree brown and TMac should never play again.

I'm not too fussed with Schache probably doesn't cost that much and can at least move around when he's on.

Costs a list spot and can’t pay him less than any draftee or supplemental signing we could have taken.

Only place he can move is from being useless in one spot on the field to useless in a different spot on the field.

ESPN draft gradings: C- for the Dees

Not unless Windsor and Billings are getting 20 inside 50's each! They'd be about the only blokes who can hit a target going forward. I don't mind the idea of a smaller F50, but it relies on lowering the eyes, and we simply don't have the mids who do that. Petty/JVR as our talls, Fritta/McAdam as our medium sized players and Kozzy/Chandler as our smalls looks ok on paper. But there's a lot of question marks. How's Petty's foot? Will he have to play back if May gets injured? Will McAdam stay injury free? Will JVR take the next step? Kozzy play more midfield time taking away his dangerous play around goal? It's just not settled and hasn't been for 2 full seasons really.
Petty the obvious partner with JVR, but im assuming he wont be back until later next year which leaves us really squeezed on the tall forward brigade, anyone know if there are any updates on a possible return date for petty ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I used to be about this, but after thinking it thru, name me the last KPF who was used as a part time ruck to do their knee or such in the ruck? Ruck centre bounces aren't what they used to be.
not so much about injuries, more how it can tire them out or even throw off their forward game. i actually dont mind the richmond strategy of using a strong (and somewhat dispensable) midfielder for 5 minutes around the ground, sparrow would be my choice (or Viney for the laughs)

not so much about injuries, more how it can tire them out or even throw off their forward game. i actually dont mind the richmond strategy of using a strong (and somewhat dispensable) midfielder for 5 minutes around the ground, sparrow would be my choice (or Viney for the laughs)
Based on what?

Whereas Fox gave us a 'B', but that doesn't make for as fun reading, does it?

Grading draft hauls before any of the players even attend a single preseason session is hilarious.

Pick bolters = bad draft ranking usually.

'Overspent, should have picked up the slider etc'

JT has a good record with bolters, though. And there's been plenty of sliders that could have arguably slid further lol

not so much about injuries, more how it can tire them out or even throw off their forward game.

Nonsense. He'd be rucking for 5-10 minutes patches when Max needs a break, not half a quarter.

And ive seen plenty of times where going into the ruck for a burst has helped someone like Charlie Dixon get going.

EQUAL LOWEST GRADE FROM ESPN WHO ALWAYS GET IT RIGHT!! WE ARE SO BAD AT DRAFTING!! WHAT WAS JASON TAYLOR THINKING????

Grading draft hauls before any of the players even attend a single preseason session is hilarious.

I dont mind it, think its a bit of fun and good for clicks. I never take these to heart coz the majority end up being massively wrong.

Pick bolters = bad draft ranking usually.

'Overspent, should have picked up the slider etc'

JT has a good record with bolters, though. And there's been plenty of sliders that could have arguably slid further lol

I laugh how we say "bolter" like its a good thing. In the US they dont give a ****, call it a straight up "reach" :tearsofjoy:

I laugh how we say "bolter" like its a good thing. In the US they dont give a *, call it a straight up "reach" :tearsofjoy:
I disagree, I think there's a difference. A bolter is a player that moves up the draft due to interest from multiple clubs, where a reach is a player that is grabbed higher than expected where there wasn't big interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back