Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems a good time to pin this:

OOC players:
  • Michael Hibberd (retired)
  • Deakyn Smith (delisted)
  • Andy Moniz-Wakefield
  • Jake Melksham (delisted, will be re-drafted as a rookie)
  • Luke Dunstan (retired)
  • James Jordon (signed with Sydney as a Free Agent)
  • Kye Turner (delisted)
Traded out:
  • James Harmes (Bulldogs)
  • Brodie Grundy (Sydney)
Traded in:
  • Tom Fullarton (Brisbane)
  • Jack Billings (St Kilda)
  • Shane McAdam (Adelaide)
Drafted:
  • Caleb Windsor (Pick 7)
  • Koltyn Tholstrup (Pick 13)
  • Kynan Brown (Rookie)

Last edited:
I’d prefer JVR not to play any time in the ruck. The rest is your discussion..
Which means you prefer brown or McDonald unless Jefferson is ready which goes back to my whole 5 mins of ruck time but 25 mins of shit forward effort is not worth it

Which means you prefer brown or McDonald unless Jefferson is ready which goes back to my whole 5 mins of ruck time but 25 mins of s**t forward effort is not worth it
I’d probably prefer Joel Smith in there to be honest!

Hopefully Fullerton can take some of this load and fits in well with Petty/JVR up front.

**** knows what we are going to do if Gawn needs a few weeks off!

What team has a second ruck who gives them a lift? We had the best second ruck in the comp and he made us worse
Actually Ill take this even further, max barely ever gives us an advantage in the ruck either. We get the advantage because he's probably the best contested mark in the competion. Hours actual Ruck work is just average

Actually Ill take this even further, max barely ever gives us an advantage in the ruck either. We get the advantage because he's probably the best contested mark in the competion. Hours actual Ruck work is just average
Definitely agree that Max’s big strength as around the ground and behind the ball.

Going back a few years he was very good with hit outs to advantage. I think the competition has just learnt that setting up to the opposition ruckman is almost as easy as roving to your own.

Pretty sure other teams put a lot of time into our centre square and stoppage and work.

Maybe not in terms of clearance, but around the ground there would be a huge difference.

Yeah, we might play faster and less predictable, actually kick some goals instead of just bombing it down the line on Gawn's head coz its safe. Would be so bad to watch us play attractive footy.

I would use Rivers to give Gawn a chop out in the ruck. Gets him some midfield time and would at least be a weapon for us when the ball is on the ground in the middle. Kid has a leap on him as well, just tell him to hold off the ruck contests around the ground a bit and he can keep jumping into the oppo ruck.

I would use Rivers to give Gawn a chop out in the ruck. Gets him some midfield time and would at least be a weapon for us when the ball is on the ground in the middle. Kid has a leap on him as well, just tell him to hold off the ruck contests around the ground a bit and he can keep jumping into the oppo ruck.

I would rather Fullerton or Schache step up and make themselves useful and not be list cloggers. 2024 is about both of them fighting for a spot to make themselves useful. That is it for me.

Let's just use Spargo or Bowey then

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Ideally Fullerton will be going well enough in pre-season that he takes Petty’s forward role before Petty is fit. Because he is the type of relief ruck you want on the side. The key is your second ruck has to be worth a forward line spot on their merits as a forward. Fullerton is more a forward than a ruck so he should be able to fulfil that if he’s going to be any use.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ideally Fullerton will be going well enough in pre-season that he takes Petty’s forward role before Petty is fit. Because he is the type of relief ruck you want on the side. The key is your second ruck has to be worth a forward line spot on their merits as a forward. Fullerton is more a forward than a ruck so he should be able to fulfil that if he’s going to be any use.
Yep, and we're also assuming that Joel Smith will get some weeks and be unavailable.

When do we think Petty would be available for selection?

I'm guessing it's the role Fullerton was recruited for, I just hope he's improved on the numbers in the below article. He will be two years older and stonger and can hopefully pick up some tips from Max.

We will need to see some progress from one or both of Verrall or Faris-White this season. That we didn't look at a mature backup to Max gives me hope that the coaches have high hopes for
one of these two being good enough for some.games if Max gets hurt or needs a rest.

Let's just use Spargo or Bowey then

Silly argument really. Rivers is far taller than both, has a much greater leap than both and would be more useful in the centre square than both.

The argument I was making was that at least Rivers would bring some upside over playing someone purely because they were tall. At 188cm and with his leap he isn't exactly a small body.

I reckon outside a period in 2018 his ruckwork has always been overrated - you're right in that his biggest strength is his roaming around the ground work.

Silly argument really. Rivers is far taller than both, has a much greater leap than both and would be more useful in the centre square than both.

The argument I was making was that at least Rivers would bring some upside over playing someone purely because they were tall. At 188cm and with his leap he isn't exactly a small body.

Rivers as a ruck would be so stupid.

Inside the draft: Deals that fell through, how Saints cost Eagles

I'd like to thank Hawthorn for being delusional enough to ask for 6, 11 and F1 for 4, making us give up on Watson.

Some other interesting tidbits in here:
  • Offered 6 and F1 for 3
  • Hawthorn and WC both offered their F1 for 6
  • We were interested in Geelong's pick (to draft O'Sullivan)
  • West Coast offered two second rounders (lol) to try and get 13 to draft Tholstrup
  • GWS offered 16 and two second rounders for 13, but we wanted Tholstrup

I'd like to thank Hawthorn for being delusional enough to ask for 6, 11 and F1 for 4, making us give up on Watson.

• Offered 6 and F1 for 3
  • West Coast offered two second rounders (lol) to try and get 13 to draft Tholstrup
I swear we didn't rate anyone outside the top 3 in this draft

• Offered 6 and F1 for 3
Surprised Norf didn't take that. They could have had Curtin and banked a future 1st. All For that spud McKay. Their tall depth is worse than ours. Not sure Duursma is THAT good

So GWS offered a similar deal to what we used to get up the board to 11(13) anyway - throwing in 2x2nd rounders. Where's Mich0?
Trade and draft periods are over, so we'll see him again in 10 months for more melts ✅

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back