Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems a good time to pin this:

OOC players:
  • Michael Hibberd (retired)
  • Deakyn Smith (delisted)
  • Andy Moniz-Wakefield
  • Jake Melksham (delisted, will be re-drafted as a rookie)
  • Luke Dunstan (retired)
  • James Jordon (signed with Sydney as a Free Agent)
  • Kye Turner (delisted)
Traded out:
  • James Harmes (Bulldogs)
  • Brodie Grundy (Sydney)
Traded in:
  • Tom Fullarton (Brisbane)
  • Jack Billings (St Kilda)
  • Shane McAdam (Adelaide)
Drafted:
  • Caleb Windsor (Pick 7)
  • Koltyn Tholstrup (Pick 13)
  • Kynan Brown (Rookie)

Last edited:
I disagree, I think there's a difference. A bolter is a player that moves up the draft due to interest from multiple clubs, where a reach is a player that is grabbed higher than expected where there wasn't big interest.

Na, they called a guy who was drafted in the 60's out of Barwon Heads a bolter on fox's broadcast the other night. Its dependant on pre draft rankings.

That's not a bolter or reach imo, just a high pick.

Im only using that just to define how fox use the term bolter. It goes off their rankings if someone gets drafted much earlier than where they have them ranked.

Eg: they might have had that kid ranked 90th and he goes 60th, therefore he qualifies as a bolter.

Im only using that just to define how fox use the term bolter. It goes off their rankings if someone gets drafted much earlier than where they have them ranked.

Eg: they might have had that kid ranked 90th and he goes 60th, therefore he qualifies as a bolter.
Well if foxtel want to be that pedantic that's fine, imo those sayings come redundant after say pick 30. The only reach imo was the player gws picked, but I don't know anything about the draft but the name I just had not heard.

Also firmly believe that wingers should have long hair that flaps about majestically while they run down the wings of the 'G – just look what happened to Langdon when he shaved it.

Windsor needs to keep growing it imo

Maybe they could grow their hair ala Sindel in MK3

maxresdefault.jpg

Nonsense. He'd be rucking for 5-10 minutes patches when Max needs a break, not half a quarter.

And ive seen plenty of times where going into the ruck for a burst has helped someone like Charlie Dixon get going.
6d1da1_520cc2b929494eda82fa8219a438d59b~mv2.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nonsense. He'd be rucking for 5-10 minutes patches when Max needs a break, not half a quarter.

And ive seen plenty of times where going into the ruck for a burst has helped someone like Charlie Dixon get going.
yes but jvr was never the sole tall forward any of those times, and also it wasn't happening on a weekly basis. So this is now moving away from the original point. i dont think it's nonsense, i'd be legitimately concerned about jvr being the lone key forward and proving some back up rucking around the ground on a weekly basis, which is what you had suggested. not saying it can't / won't happen, just that i'd be worried, so it's going to be a watch to see how we handle the situation until at least Petty is back

Throwing someone into the ruck for 5 minutes to try to get them more involved in the game is a valid strategy - just line throwing someone onto the ball for 5-10 mins can help.

Having a 20 year old tall forward be relied upon for 5-10 mins of centre bounce ruck work each quarter for the season is an entirely different thing.

Throwing someone into the ruck for 5 minutes to try to get them more involved in the game is a valid strategy - just line throwing someone onto the ball for 5-10 mins can help.

Having a 20 year old tall forward be relied upon for 5-10 mins of centre bounce ruck work each quarter for the season is an entirely different thing.
This is the problem with our coaches as well, you're ultra concerned with the 5 mins of ruck time changing the game but not at all worried about the reverse which is having a shit second ruck in the forward line for the 25 mins he's not rucking. That's way more damaging than the 5 mins of centre bounce work

Last edited:
This is the problem with our coaches as well, you're ultra concerned with the 5 mins of ruck time changing the game but not at all worried about the reverse which is having a s**t second ruck in the forward line for the 25 mins he's not rucking. That's way more damaging than the 5 mins of centre bounce work
My ultimate preference would be for 3 x tall options in the forward line with 1 of those having a mature body and an ability to also either ruck for 5-10 per quarter or sit on the bench.

Point with JVR is that we don’t have any other tall options for our forward line so **** knows what we do when he finishes rucking for the third or fourth time each game and jogs down to the forward line with a corked thigh and blowing in the lungs.

Kid isn’t even that good in the ruck anyway.

Kid isn’t even that good in the ruck anyway.
He actually is for a young KPF. Uses his leap well.

I agree overall though. Don't mind JVR rucking provided there's someone else tall down there. If its JVR and the mozzie fleet though, hard pass on him rucking for any extended period.

He actually is for a young KPF. Uses his leap well.

I agree overall though. Don't mind JVR rucking provided there's someone else tall down there. If its JVR and the mozzie fleet though, hard pass on him rucking for any extended period.
Agree he does a fantastic job considering he’s a young KPF - what I meant was that it’s not like he’s an exceptional ruckman and gives us some sort of lift when he’s in the middle.

Agree he does a fantastic job considering he’s a young KPF - what I meant was that it’s not like he’s an exceptional ruckman and gives us some sort of lift when he’s in the middle.
What team has a second ruck who gives them a lift? We had the best second ruck in the comp and he made us worse

What team has a second ruck who gives them a lift? We had the best second ruck in the comp and he made us worse
There are plenty of second rucks that do a better job than JVR.

Grundys problem wasn’t the ruck though - it was the forward line. Combined with that we already had the best ruck in the comp meant that we didn’t want Grundy in the ruck for long periods or full games.

There are plenty of second rucks that do a better job than JVR.

Grundys problem wasn’t the ruck though - it was the forward line. Combined with that we already had the best ruck in the comp meant that we didn’t want Grundy in the ruck for long periods or full games.
There ain't plenty in our team so it's pointless discussion?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back