Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems a good time to pin this:

OOC players:
  • Michael Hibberd (retired)
  • Deakyn Smith (delisted)
  • Andy Moniz-Wakefield
  • Jake Melksham (delisted, will be re-drafted as a rookie)
  • Luke Dunstan (retired)
  • James Jordon (signed with Sydney as a Free Agent)
  • Kye Turner (delisted)
Traded out:
  • James Harmes (Bulldogs)
  • Brodie Grundy (Sydney)
Traded in:
  • Tom Fullarton (Brisbane)
  • Jack Billings (St Kilda)
  • Shane McAdam (Adelaide)
Drafted:
  • Caleb Windsor (Pick 7)
  • Koltyn Tholstrup (Pick 13)
  • Kynan Brown (Rookie)

Last edited:
Thought Jordon Bon Jonesy would already struggle to get a game at Sydney, now they're bringing in Adams too.

No refunds.

Yeah, they have a shit tone of mids, no idea how the mix is gonna work. Unless they move Warner back out to a wing again.

Yeah, they have a s**t tone of mids, no idea how the mix is gonna work. Unless they move Warner back out to a wing again.
Moving Parker forward more seems likely, but that still leaves them with Rowbottom, Gulden, Adams, Warner, Jordon and Sheldrick.

Actually, now that I've typed that, if they do indeed move Parker forward more, it probably makes sense for them to load up a bit more in the mids, as none of those existing guys are great clearance players (especially with Mills likely to miss the majority of the year).

Moving Parker forward more seems likely, but that still leaves them with Rowbottom, Gulden, Adams, Warner, Jordon and Sheldrick.

Actually, now that I've typed that, if they do indeed move Parker forward more, it probably makes sense for them to load up a bit more in the mids, as none of those guys are great clearance players (especially with Mills likely to miss the majority of the year).

Not sure Parker moves the needle as a forward, rate him as a mid. Think hes a far better player than Adams who is a one trick pony.

Rate Rowbottom in a Brett Kirk style inside mid tagger role.

Gulden and Warner speak for themselves. Mills occasionally plays on ball too.

Maybe im just all inside mid'd out at this point but I really dont see anything great about getting Adams and Jordon other than depth, both are borderline best 22 imo. Not sure Sydney is the best place to go to get a game for either of them.

Can only conclude that Longmire has told lies to both of them like Goodwin did to Dunstan.

I hope we end up with 3 top 15 picks and go to the draft not go all in on pick 1. Would love to get either mcketcher/duursma then O’Sullivan and maybe caddy.

If we get McKercher/Duursma plus O’Sullivan it would be a dream.
We'd have to get that Gold Coast pick to get Duursma. McKercher will go to Norf. Reid, Walter, Curtin, McKercher, Duursma top 5. The Norf compo has pretty much fd us from getting one of these blokes.

Time will tell if there's someone from outside these guys who will be a star,but these are the 5 standouts and of course we have a pick just outside of these 5. Really not sure which way we go with that pick. I don't think there's a clear pick 6. If there is, its probably Read who goes to Suns! So we're likely to get the 7th best. Frustrating. Small forward in Watson? Key defender in O'Sullivan? Caddy? If we can't crack the top 5 it's a bit meh. Still hopeful we can get a higher pick. McKercher/Duursma ideal players for us.

We'd have to get that Gold Coast pick to get Duursma. McKercher will go to Norf. Reid, Walter, Curtin, McKercher, Duursma top 5. The Norf compo has pretty much fd us from getting one of these blokes.

Time will tell if there's someone from outside these guys who will be a star,but these are the 5 standouts and of course we have a pick just outside of these 5. Really not sure which way we go with that pick. I don't think there's a clear pick 6. If there is, its probably Read who goes to Suns! So we're likely to get the 7th best. Frustrating. Small forward in Watson? Key defender in O'Sullivan? Caddy? If we can't crack the top 5 it's a bit meh. Still hopeful we can get a higher pick. McKercher/Duursma ideal players for us.
If we ca t get McKercher or Duursma then I can see us aiming for lower down the order with multiple picks.

I wouldn’t be against us trading high up
Into next years draft for some quality mids if we don’t think we can get high enough this year.

I hope we end up with 3 top 15 picks and go to the draft not go all in on pick 1. Would love to get either mcketcher/duursma then O’Sullivan and maybe caddy.
We ain't getting 3 top 15 picks anymore that's long dead. Struggle to see us doing much

Not sure Parker moves the needle as a forward, rate him as a mid. Think hes a far better player than Adams who is a one trick pony.

Rate Rowbottom in a Brett Kirk style inside mid tagger role.

Gulden and Warner speak for themselves. Mills occasionally plays on ball too.

Maybe im just all inside mid'd out at this point but I really dont see anything great about getting Adams and Jordon other than depth, both are borderline best 22 imo. Not sure Sydney is the best place to go to get a game for either of them.

Can only conclude that Longmire has told lies to both of them like Goodwin did to Dunstan.
Pretty great that Collingwood realized you only need one inside mid to win 😉

We ain't getting 3 top 15 picks anymore that's long dead. Struggle to see us doing much
There is talk that bulldogs get pick 4 from GC by using pick 10 (plus other picks) then we use our several picks in the 30’s to get pick 10 from GC.

Would leave us with 5, 10 and 13 (pushed back with compo, NGA and F/S picks of course).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is talk that bulldogs get pick 4 from GC by using pick 10 (plus other picks) then we use our several picks in the 30’s to get pick 10 from GC.

Would leave us with 5, 10 and 13 (pushed back with compo, NGA and F/S picks of course).
Fair enough, not excited by those picks anymore. Everything we needed is gone by then looks like. They'll end up being like 7, 12 and 15 or even later.

It’s pretty good news if Dogs are going to trade up for 4 just to take Watson.

That should mean Reid, Curtin, Walter, Watson all taken before our pick.

It’s pretty good news if Dogs are going to trade up for 4 just to take Watson.

That should mean Reid, Curtin, Walter, Watson all taken before our pick.
Then Duursma and Mckercher go just before ours 🌈

The only opportunity to get up higher then would be if North were keen on 5+10 for 3.

I'd pay it - but I can't see them going for it as they have loads of other decent picks to not have to sacrifice 3.

The McKay compo and their concessions together have really screwed our hand.

The only opportunity to get up higher then would be if North were keen on 5+10 for 3.

I'd pay it - but I can't see them going for it as they have loads of other decent picks to not have to sacrifice 3.

The McKay compo and their concessions together have really screwed our hand.
Yes this draft feels like a very manipulated one

"If the Eagles are not convinced Reid will stay, they can trade away pick one for multiple picks, presumably to use on West Australian top-five prospect Daniel Curtin. In a sign of who else might be interested, Reid said the Eagles, North Melbourne, Hawthorn, Gold Coast and Greater Western Sydney have all interviewed him."

Conspicuous by our absence?

"If the Eagles are not convinced Reid will stay, they can trade away pick one for multiple picks, presumably to use on West Australian top-five prospect Daniel Curtin. In a sign of who else might be interested, Reid said the Eagles, North Melbourne, Hawthorn, Gold Coast and Greater Western Sydney have all interviewed him."

Conspicuous by our absence?

There's no way we're going to be able to trade up to get to him.

Last edited:
There's no way we're going to be able to trade down to get to him.
Yeah I'm pretty flat about this trade period now. With all the picks being pushed out we just don't have the right hand to do much at all that's exciting.

Yeah I'm pretty flat about this trade period now. With all the picks being pushed out we just don't have the right hand to do much at all that's exciting.
North getting three end of first round 1 picks over the next couple of years has killed any hope we might have had of moving pick 5 (6) to 2 or 3. If we could get 4 off Hawks with 5 and 13 or 10 if we trade that in I'll get a little bit more interested.

The first round is going to blow out to about pick 30 with all the compo, pp's and academy/F/S picks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back