Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems a good time to pin this:

OOC players:
  • Michael Hibberd (retired)
  • Deakyn Smith (delisted)
  • Andy Moniz-Wakefield
  • Jake Melksham (delisted, will be re-drafted as a rookie)
  • Luke Dunstan (retired)
  • James Jordon (signed with Sydney as a Free Agent)
  • Kye Turner (delisted)
Traded out:
  • James Harmes (Bulldogs)
  • Brodie Grundy (Sydney)
Traded in:
  • Tom Fullarton (Brisbane)
  • Jack Billings (St Kilda)
  • Shane McAdam (Adelaide)
Drafted:
  • Caleb Windsor (Pick 7)
  • Koltyn Tholstrup (Pick 13)
  • Kynan Brown (Rookie)

Last edited:

I wouldn't mind hearing people's thoughts about what we do with pick 11. We've spent a fair amount of time discussing who we get with pick 6 but not a lot about our other first rounder.

Darcy Wilson appears to be just out of reach of that pick.

I like the looks of Harry DeMattia, if we want a midfielder I think he suits us more than Sanders.

I wouldn't mind hearing people's thoughts about what we do with pick 11. We've spent a fair amount of time discussing who we get with pick 6 but not a lot about our other first rounder.

Darcy Wilson appears to be just out of reach of that pick.

I like the looks of Harry DeMattia, if we want a midfielder I think he suits us more than Sanders.
If Wilson is gone, Leake or Windsor would be the picks IMO.

Windsor probably my favourite – just about the best winger in the draft. Athletically gifted (third in 20m sprint at the combine, top 10 in vertical jump). Kicked a goal in all eight carnival games, so has that attacking side to his game. Pretty classy user, too.

Leake is a mid-sized forward/defender who has looked good at both ends, has good hands and good disposal. Looked particularly dangerous as a forward in the back-end of the year.

Ollie Murphy could also be an option (if we don't get O'Sullivan at 6) if we want a long-term replacement for May, but he'll be a development project while he fills out. Feel like he's the sort of player you could probably find later in the draft though.

Last edited:
If Wilson is gone, Leake or Windsor would be the picks IMO.

Windsor probably my favourite – just about the best winger in the draft. Athletically gifted (third in 20m sprint at the combine, top 10 in vertical jump). Kicked a goal in all eight carnival games, so has that attacking side to his game. Pretty classy user, too.

Leake is a mid-sized forward/defender who has looked good at both ends, has good hands and good disposal. Looked particularly dangerous as a forward in the back-end of the year.

Ollie Murphy could also be an option if we want a long-term replacement for May, but he'll be a development project while he fills out. Feel like he's the sort of player you could probably find later in the draft though.
Windsor looks good, definitely could use some more class off the wing.

Leake as a flanker just seems like more of what we already have. Unless we're planning to give Rivers more midfield time, which I'd love but don't see us doing.

Windsor looks good, definitely could use some more class off the wing.

Leake as a flanker just seems like more of what we already have. Unless we're planning to give Rivers more midfield time, which I'd love but don't see us doing.
Yeah, Leake is more of a 'best available' type, rather than a need. Though his marking ability gives him a bit of a point-of-difference. Still, looks best as a mid-sized forward which we have plenty of now.

But yeah, I'd definitely go Windsor if Wilson is off the board.

Have had a look at Wilson from what I can find on YouTube Scythe94 and its hard to know what to make of him. Some fantastic kicks, going inside 50 in particular, but geez he can butcher the ball too. Some floaters, rushed kicks when he has more time than he thinks, kicking over the leading man's head and a few hospital handballs thrown in for good measure. Think his defensive stuff is pretty good.

People who have watched far more than me would have a better idea, im really on the fence with what ive seen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After loosing Harmes and Jordon we probably do need a bit of midfield depth so happy to take a punt on Billings, hopefully a late deal a future 3rd rounder get it done. As anyone hear if Brown has nominated for father/son or if we have said we are going to take him?

shoutout to noobermensch too, love that he includes all of the good, bad and ugly in his packages, gives you a far better idea of the player overall than any of the usual highlights packages do

what is the rumour?
There is a video going around (I haven't seen it) that is allegedly of McStay going down on his partner in a pub bathroom. Apparently Ginnivan took the video. Collingwood are denying it.

I have seen the video and looks pretty legit to me. Had a good laugh.
I mean if it's real and Ginnivan actually filmed it he's got bigger things to worry about than just being traded by Collingwood.

There is a video going around (I haven't seen it) that is allegedly of McStay going down on his partner in a pub bathroom. Apparently Ginnivan took the video. Collingwood are denying it.

Yeah ok I saw it, much to do about nothing although im sure McStay's mrs isn't happy.

Dont get oral in public bathroom kids and you wont have to worry about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back