Teams 2023 Fantasy - Rate My Preseason Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty content with this, I'm not really sold on Phillipou's role at the Saints so I'm happy to fade him. 31k rem.

View attachment 1624121

I've been trying to find a way to get Callaghan in my side .....that is, until I heard he was playing exclusively WING, and no CBA's .....which makes his consistency very questionable

Love that I have a comrade JHF owner ....we can cry together during the season, on this selection

I'm seeing every side with Rozee in it .....I guess part of my season will depend on whether I'm right about JHF impacting Rozee's scoring ....and the possibility he's tagged, IMO he's easy to tag out of games
If I'm wrong .....well :cry:

The other POD I'm running with, in preference to Green, is De Goey ......I'm all alone in ownership

Screenshot 2023-03-08 at 16.46.58.png

This is where I'm up to so far. I've gone mid-price heavy for a few reasons.

1. Most mid-pricers I've picked have a good chance to pop with an increase in CBA's. Have mainly chosen players who can increase CBA's as these players have been the best mid-pricers in the past. Have avoided mid-pricers who don't have the role.
2. It's very easy to go one down , one up, depending how everyone looks in the first few rounds.
3. Also easy to go sideways e.g. O'Meara to Green. Worpel > Callaghan etc.

Ideally i'd like more strength in the midfield but I've tried to get back to the basics where everyone can produce more than their price, and hopefully bring in some players who get tagged and drop in price.

Rip it apart!

I've been trying to find a way to get Callaghan in my side .....that is, until I heard he was playing exclusively WING, and no CBA's .....which makes his consistency very questionable

Love that I have a comrade JHF owner ....we can cry together during the season, on this selection

I'm seeing every side with Rozee in it .....I guess part of my season will depend on whether I'm right about JHF impacting Rozee's scoring ....and the possibility he's tagged, IMO he's easy to tag out of games

The other POD I'm running with, in preference to Green, is De Goey ......I'm all alone in ownership
I like the De Goey pick. He was who I looked at when I culled Green but then I just couldn’t stand his face being there staring at me lol

Last edited:

Final side… for today anyway, I think… need to work on a few of the rooks though and find some cash to go McVee to Phillips in the middle.

DEF: Docherty, Yeo, Day, Constable, Ginbey, Cincotta (Wilmott, Chesser)

MID: Laird, Oliver, Bailey Smith, LDU, L.Hunter, Callaghan, Ashcroft, McKenzie (Davey, McVee)

RUCK: Gawn, Marshall (McAndrew)

FWD: Dunkley, Taranto, Gulden, Flanders, Sheezel, Phillipou (Greene, Pedlar)

Drury

Lachie Hunter is one that I’m still not completely sure on but he’s a proven scorer in the past, I know that wingers and half backs do get a nice boost in preseason games but playing at the G every second game in hopefully a good side should really suit him. He’s going to be a bit of a YoYo but I can see it evening out and him potentially averaging 95-100 which would be needed. 0.9% ownership so I’m on my own if it goes to crap but I’ll wear it.

Max Gawn has no upside obviously with Grundy coming in but I’m not sure there are many rucks that are offering much value other than RoMar. He should go that 100 again and his first half against Richmond was incredible. He’s going to continue being a threat around the ground aswell as up forward. Fingers crossed for fwd status!

Thoughts?

Final side… for today anyway, I think… need to work on a few of the rooks though and find some cash to go McVee to Phillips in the middle.

DEF: Docherty, Yeo, Day, Constable, Ginbey, Cincotta (Wilmott, Chesser)

MID: Laird, Oliver, Bailey Smith, LDU, L.Hunter, Callaghan, Ashcroft, McKenzie (Davey, McVee)

RUCK: Gawn, Marshall (McAndrew)

FWD: Dunkley, Taranto, Gulden, Flanders, Sheezel, Phillipou (Greene, Pedlar)

Drury

Lachie Hunter is one that I’m still not completely sure on but he’s a proven scorer in the past, I know that wingers and half backs do get a nice boost in preseason games but playing at the G every second game in hopefully a good side should really suit him. He’s going to be a bit of a YoYo but I can see it evening out and him potentially averaging 95-100 which would be needed. 0.9% ownership so I’m on my own if it goes to crap but I’ll wear it.

Max Gawn has no upside obviously with Grundy coming in but I’m not sure there are many rucks that are offering much value other than RoMar. He should go that 100 again and his first half against Richmond was incredible. He’s going to continue being a threat around the ground aswell as up forward. Fingers crossed for fwd status!

Thoughts?
I agree you need to get Phillips in for mcvee or better yet drury

I’d drop hunter down (eg to worpel or any others you like ) and use the funds to make sure you have the right tools come rd 1 not just the cheapest

im actually quite annoyed by how close my team resembles the Traders.

I think the growth of AFL Fantasy content (podcasts, twitter etc..) is resulting in everyone having similar conclusions about players.

Not a bad thing. Your team success is made primarily through trading.

I agree you need to get Phillips in for mcvee or better yet drury

I’d drop hunter down (eg to worpel or any others you like ) and use the funds to make sure you have the right tools come rd 1 not just the cheapest
Thanks, I’m going to try to keep Hunter I think, don’t have a heap of faith in Worp or Sheed so I’m happy to go against the grain there. Definitely agree with having to upgrade some of them cheap rooks though. Probably need to find 150k really just to pay that extra for JS. Dropping Oliver or Smith down could be an option.

Just had a look at the ownership numbers for the players (currently) in my side.

I've got 18 of the top 20 players (20th ranked player is Worpel @26% ownership)
Seth Meyers Lol GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

...but also 8 players under 10% ownership.
Season 5 What GIF by Sony Pictures Television

Seems like a weird split.

Thanks, I’m going to try to keep Hunter I think, don’t have a heap of faith in Worp or Sheed so I’m happy to go against the grain there. Definitely agree with having to upgrade some of them cheap rooks though. Probably need to find 150k really just to pay that extra for JS. Dropping Oliver or Smith down could be an option.
Yeah I was going to say your mids are stacked so if your keen on hunter any of Laird, Oliver, smith could be downgraded to good options.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just had a look at the ownership numbers for the players (currently) in my side.

I've got 18 of the top 20 players (20th ranked player is Worpel @26% ownership)
Seth Meyers Lol GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

...but also 8 players under 10% ownership.
Season 5 What GIF by Sony Pictures Television

Seems like a weird split.
This is why there’s nothing wrong with Vanilla picks. The whole team will never be vanilla.

I’ve got 20/20. 3 under 10% (but one is hollands who will rise if selected)

Even then, I know not many will have 5 premium forwards (Gulden F5) so I don’t feel the same as everyone

I have Green AND DeGoey ... dun dun duuuuuun

GnR

901k+ (7)
801k - 900k (2)
701k - 800k (3)
601k - 700k (1)
501k - 600k (0)
401k - 500k (0)
301k - 400k (1)
201k - 300k (9)
200k (7)

What impact the vests have is what will consume my thoughts. Sub use in the first two games will be interesting to look at as our only exposure with rookies is likely to be Carlton.

Last edited:
My missus just made her account and team in 5 mins with $0k left over.

go away gtfo GIF
Ah so she took the ancient art of ZevonBall and actually played it properly. Far better than its creator was able to that’s for sure ☹️

No doubt will be an excellent player but in the part of the game I saw the ball kept landing in his lap. Gold Coast were hacking it out of defence straight to him.
Lachie Hunter is one that I’m still not completely sure on but he’s a proven scorer in the past, I know that wingers and half backs do get a nice boost in preseason games but playing at the G every second game in hopefully a good side should really suit him.
It’s a brave pick but I like it. The only thing that limited his scoring was his role.

Whenever he played wing he was very good and it looks like the role this year is exactly as he would have it.

GnR

901k+ (7)
801k - 900k (2)
701k - 800k (3)
601k - 700k (1)
501k - 600k (0)
401k - 500k (0)
301k - 400k (1)
201k - 300k (9)
200k (7)

What impact the vests have is what will consume my thoughts. Sub use in the first two games will be interesting to look at as our only exposure with rookies is likely to be Carlton.
The sub will likely give us all nightmares at different times this year and it sucks.

I still think the best approach would be if a player is the sub unless they are subbed on before half time they count as DnP

Remove this Banner Ad

Teams 2023 Fantasy - Rate My Preseason Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back