Preview 2023 Fixture - hopes, dreams, dreads

Remove this Banner Ad

Why the **** are you scheduling a wedding between March and November.

You have a 3 month period from December through February where you're free from Football. This is wedding season.
Also hoping if we have a Sunday home game late in the season if the wedding is the night before and we stay at the Adelaide oval hotel we could organise a corporate box for the sunday game for some family and friends

High chance it'll be Adelaide Oval.... The ceremony would be just outside so technically anyone could come to that but the reception inside under a marquee on the Training pitches will be private guests only.

just hope there isn't a major event at Adelaide oval when you have the wedding

Let me guess...Adelaide is the "closest place" to Darwin, so in AFL logic only makes sense we are there...

Sick of this club having to do the heavy lifting in terms of remote venues.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The problem playing in Darwin is that heat and humidity takes it out of you the next game/week as well. If we are going to play a game in the top end, I'd much prefer the Alice than Darwin. What's the best Collingwood or Richmond don't play a game in Darwin's heat or humidity? But to be fair having to travel from the MCG to Marvel is very taxing.

The problem playing in Darwin is that heat and humidity takes it out of you the next week. If we are going to a game in the top end, I'd much prefer the Alice that Darwin.
It's Round 12 (i.e. around mid-season), so maybe we have the bye the following week?

Hopefully, anyway

Let me guess...Adelaide is the "closest place" to Darwin, so in AFL logic only makes sense we are there...

Sick of this club having to do the heavy lifting in terms of remote venues.
4x Hobart
4x Launceston
3x Canberra
2x Darwin
1x Alice Springs
2x Ballarat
1x Cairns

17x Rural games. You should always expect 1 a year.

Now, if we get more.... Then that'd be bs.

Hopes and dreams....

17 games at our home ground, with 6 being classified as away games
8 Friday or Saturday night games
A stand alonge ANZAC round game from 3pm
Home game in the first and last rounds
No travel past round 16
3 home finals, regardless of where we finish
No games outside of our home ground or the MCG

oh wait, wrong board.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview 2023 Fixture - hopes, dreams, dreads