Discussion 2023 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could this be a coach killer for Simpson? The injury talk has been the excuse for about 2 full years now, plenty of teams have had moments of big injury lists (us) and still been competitive. West Coast are sitting on a percentage of about 50% and 1 win.

That Brisbane result really opens things up for us. With the Saints playing Brisbane and Melbourne over the next four weeks, the next month just got (potentially) very exciting.

Looooots of 8 point games next few weeks.

Dees run:

Pies
Bye
Cats
Giants
Saints
Lions

Not easy

Could this be a coach killer for Simpson? The injury talk has been the excuse for about 2 full years now, plenty of teams have had moments of big injury lists (us) and still been competitive. West Coast are sitting on a percentage of about 50% and 1 win.

Still maintain he's worst coach going around, Voss is a recycled from his old Brissie days where they did SFA only now he's doing it at the Blues and Leppa is licking his lips if he wants to get back in coaching for 1up again, but Simpson, sure got the Eagles for a grannie but is entirely inept for the rest of his time at the helm, and long may he hold that job so the Eagles can flounder some more into irrelevancy and get back on the sniff sniff again to give a shit.

Soulless org that is indicative of the AFL chasing cash over substance every single time. Unlike the Cats who do give back to regionals, eagles just get the reach around and "good job, here's a stadium and green things for existing".

Still maintain he's worst coach going around, Voss is a recycled from his old Brissie days where they did SFA only now he's doing it at the Blues and Leppa is licking his lips if he wants to get back in coaching for 1up again, but Simpson, sure got the Eagles for a grannie but is entirely inept for the rest of his time at the helm, and long may he hold that job so the Eagles can flounder some more into irrelevancy and get back on the sniff sniff again to give a s**t.

Soulless org that is indicative of the AFL chasing cash over substance every single time. Unlike the Cats who do give back to regionals, eagles just get the reach around and "good job, here's a stadium and green things for existing".

Yeah I find it hard to judge, potentially the game has just gone passed him, a bit like a Malcolm Blight-Saints scenario? All the talk of the "Weagles Web" and how revolutionary their game play was, that's like what? 7 years ago or so when that started? I mean we throw out coaches like recycling every fortnight so who are we to judge, but I find it hard to see a coach getting a group back from a stint like this.

Bit harsh on the Eagles and Simpson. This week they had 21 players unavailable due to injury.

List 45 -21 = 23 players available to select a team from.

So that means if you're fit - you get a game.

Also means they probably didn't have enough "fit" players to name an emergency.

Bit harsh on the Eagles and Simpson. This week they had 21 players unavailable due to injury.

List 45 -21 = 23 players available to select a team from.

So that means if you're fit - you get a game.

Also means they probably didn't have enough "fit" players to name an emergency.

But they've been playing to a relatively similar level even when their injury list was fairly average about 12 months ago.

They're looking like first year expansion teams of 18 year olds.

Most other coaches would probably be sacked by now but Simpson still gets a pretty easy ride from the WA football media despite 2 horrible seasons.

He still has some credits in the bank from the 2018 premiership and he is a good media performer that can deflect well but that can only last so long.

I think he will survive for next year unless he quits but if they have another season as bad as this one next year he will have to get his marching orders.

They’re stuck with him. He’ll cost too much to pay out.

Makes you think ... if they don't have a functional defense by the time we fly over ... how many will Max be looking at?

As it is, they look like they need a voodoo exorcist witchdoctor, rather than a fitness team right now.
Our midfield is the bottleneck for Max ripping games apart, hopefully they get right on top for the WCE game

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But they've been playing to a relatively similar level even when their injury list was fairly average about 12 months ago.

They're looking like first year expansion teams of 18 year olds.

WC haven’t been the same since they sook it up in the hubs during Covid , used it as an excuse for poor form, signed up players to long term deals when they were heading towards the end of their careers.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

It would be nice if Mini McQualter could do us a favour and get Richmond up against Freo.

I doubt it will happen but I doubted that the Hawks would get up against Brisbane so you just never know,

Would be better if Freo wins, don’t want the Tigers get more confidence from every win & Cotchins 300 would spur them on more.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

hope it pisses down more with rain

Basil sounding like Underwood in the commentary box, eyes rolling out my skull
I thought you said undertaker
Im Back Wake Up GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back