Injury 2023 injury thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disinterested, I could never say that about a player who is paid that well to be professional and interested, but certainly nqr.
Yeah.. just something doesn’t look right tho does it?? A drop that significant in form out of nowhere.

Wouldn’t surprise me if he has been carrying something like a tendonopathy. He seems to have lost his explosiveness and impact

Some things you cant disclose - like way back in 89 - David Cameron re the last couple of finals - Blight just kept saying - hes all good - because he had a bad shoulder - so you dont want to tell the opposition that - because they will target it

I thought Goodwin gave a very good update - he was forced to do it re the rumours about Oliver - but to the layperson he described what the problem was re his hamstring issue - and why there was tightness still their and how they were addressing it - and as a mug football supporter after reading that - i had a pretty clear understanding of Olivers hamstring problem - and what Melb intended doing to get Oliver right - and when he would next play

The AFL agree:

AFL round 15 injuries: AFL to mandate clubs provide return dates for injured players​

The AFL is set to introduce injury reporting guidelines for clubs in an effort to provide greater clarity for fans. It comes as one club has eight injured players but no listed return dates.

Hopefully the mandate demands more precision than that.

Seems that lately there’s been more teams following Geeolong’s lead which is why the AFL has commented on the injury list reporting - GWS is one I’ve seen mentioned a few times regarding this

But what happens with the reporting of time frames & if a player doesn’t return within that time frame - are clubs punished if a players return is delayed or there’s set backs which sees a player miss longer than originally reported?

What about the opposite - a couple of years ago Sydney had Hickey as being out for 4+ weeks due to a PCL (?) injury, but then he missed only 1 match returning to face us - so is that deemed mis-representtion or just good fortune?

Seems that lately there’s been more teams following Geeolong’s lead which is why the AFL has commented on the injury list reporting - GWS is one I’ve seen mentioned a few times regarding this

But what happens with the reporting of time frames & if a player doesn’t return within that time frame - are clubs punished if a players return is delayed or there’s set backs which sees a player miss longer than originally reported?

What about the opposite - a couple of years ago Sydney had Hickey as being out for 4+ weeks due to a PCL (?) injury, but then he missed only 1 match returning to face us - so is that deemed mis-representtion or just good fortune?

Other clubs following Geelong's clear leadership with injury obfuscation has undoubtedly forced the AFL's hand.

Not sure how diligently they'll police it, but surely a weekly update will require the updating of a changing timeframe for any player?

Be interesting to see Lloyd and Scott forced to 'speak to the facts'........

So back to the Neale Balme 2 weeks and it gets ticked off?
“The information must be credible, accurate, timely, and specific within the guidelines of the policy, which is of paramount importance in maintaining the integrity of the game.”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do players that are injured or missing games need to be named on an injury list or mentioned in an update?
Not currently but under the expected crackdown it seems that will be a requirement.

It could be a handy initiative that lets people know when players are injured... I like it.
The bare minimum should be an explanation for any player not playing AFL/VFL. A good system would require an estimated amount of games to be missed. If a club was routinely flouting the requirement they should be fined and it should count toward the soft cap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back