Injury 2023 injury thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
dD1NYWluSW1hZ2U
Of course, exceptions occur, and a patellar subluxation episode is NOT comparable to a rib fracture and lung collapse
BUT, just in our experiences
08- Matty Stokes- tried playing with a groin issue, was hopeless and cost us
11- Ben Reid- carried into a GF injured, hopeless and cost them
22- Sam Reid-carried into a GF injured, hopeless and cost them
22- Max Holmes- hammy- declared unfit by the coach and medicos- correct decision based on experience

GEELONG star Patrick Dangerfield has been overruled by the club's medical staff after putting his hand up to play a week after suffering a cracked rib and a partially collapsed lung.

Cats coach Chris Scott was optimistic the 33-year-old would be available for next week's match against Sydney but said the player would miss the clash with Melbourne at GMHBA Stadium on Thursday night.

"I fully expected him to declare himself fit, which he did, and he was just overruled on that one," Scott said.

"Not by as wide a margin as I expected.

"He thinks he could play. As is often the case with those guys, you've got to save them from themselves.

"(The medicos) say if the game was Sunday, Monday then he'd probably be OK to play, so that's a good sign for the following week."

So it's still 6 weeks out then:rolleyes:
clearly, nobody is spelling out exactly how severe these injuries are for PD.
As per Doc Larkins yesterday, just going by what was reported, 3-6 weeks is not far off.
If medicos are saying next week, the issue is easily on the least severe side of the spectrum

So Scotty was saying in his pressor, that in addition to his aductor, that Ceglar has an issue with his ankle again (same troublesome one) so will be a week to week proposition.

So hopefully he doesn't miss many games in case Stanley goes down again.

"(The medicos) say if the game was Sunday, Monday then he'd probably be OK to play, so that's a good sign for the following week."

That’s quite a degree of precision for a club that likes to use vague terms like “medium term” because, it argues, such precision is impossible.

🧐

I hope he stays out for a lot longer. I had multiple rib fractures a while ago with hemopneumothorax that had me in hospital for over a week, coughing up blood and still needing oxygen at times. I know I'm a lot older and nowhere near as fit or tough as Danger but I know how long it took me to recover. If his rib was broken badly enough to puncture his lung it must have been more than cracked. I hate to think of the damage it could do if he were to have another knock in the same place.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Willis missed the VFL game once again (3 in a row + bye I think).

Am I asking too much requesting some info or an update?

Ahhh i'll just wait till he is named one day and be good with it that way.
Looked like he'd been thrown down the stairs of Escalations by the bouncers at the end of his last game.
Weary Wounded & Battered... But did put his body on the line as he always does. Has a thirst for the contested argy bargy stuff.

Ahhh i'll just wait till he is named one day and be good with it that way.
Asking to much lol... were talking about Geelong here... they didn't even list Neale as injured

As per Cleary - Cameron to undergo additional scans following Thursday night and checking his right shoulder after the clash with Rohan
If we win the flag this year, I don't care what anyone says, it's the greatest premiership in football history.

He probably only misses a couple weeks, but seriously, this run of bad luck has been ridiculous....and it started in the first quarter of round 1 🤣

Last edited:

Absolutely! Based on our historical form in this area, I would have thought the Willis narrative will run something like this from here...

First, we will get absolute <<crickets>> about him for at least another two or three weeks. That will take us into the sweet spot for our 'Bermuda boys', where roughly six weeks elapses between the injury and any information being released about the player at all.

Then will come Lloyd's consummate despatching of the club's Dorothy Dixer about James into the top tier of the Premiership Stand, as part of the club's weekly injury 'update'.

'James Willis recently experienced a slight setback in his body, following a recovery session at the club. Thankfully he was able to almost immediately begin his recovery and reconditioning program. He's been working really hard and progressing through the steps outlined by our medical team over a number of recent training sessions. We fully expect him to tick off the remaining boxes required before he returns to play, and we can't wait to see him back out there on the field when he's cleared to be considered for selection.'

After this latest masterclass from Lloydy, James Willis ('leg', 'short term') will miraculously materialise out of nowhere onto the published injury list as well. And we should finally see him play a couple of games in the VFL some time after that, before being shut down for the year to manage his loads.

#youknowitmakessense
#forthright
#notsoyoudnotice

'James Willis recently experienced a slight setback in his body, following a recovery session at the club. Thankfully he was able to almost immediately begin his recovery and reconditioning program. He's been working really hard and progressing through the steps outlined by our medical team over a number of recent training sessions. We fully expect him to tick off the remaining boxes required before he returns to play, and we can't wait to see him back out there on the field when he's cleared to be considered for selection.'
Are you sure you’re not writing Lloyd’s scripts?? That is uncanny. 😂

CH7 reporting Cameron has an injury setback which may see him out for longer.

EDIT: has to undergo more scans, including on shoulder. Concern about damage to shoulder when he fell on it after being concussed.

This season is ****ing cursed, I swear to god. :mad:

We've never had an injury run even close to as bad as this.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back