Injury 2023 Injury Updates Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Allir should not of gone back on the ground confirmed. Imo both players should miss next 2 weeks. Imo concerned re marshall as well. Duty of care was not sufficient and not good enough. V disappointed.

Jones passed SCAT5 testing immediately after the second quarter incident, while Aliir was tested after the match with a similar result. However, both have since presented with symptoms consistent with concussion.

“Lachie was tested during the game and after it, then again on Sunday. We have continued to monitor him and after further testing this morning he has entered the concussion protocols out of an abundance of caution,” explained Club Doctor Mark Fisher.

“Like Lachie, Aliir’s condition was the subject of testing both on Saturday night after the game and since.

“However, upon reviewing the vision of the incident again, Aliir should have undergone SCAT testing at the time immediately following the collision.

“Both Lachie and Aliir will have a gradual return to play as per the AFL’s concussion management guidelines.”

This reads to me very poorly on the decisions made over the impact to both allir and jones. Mistakes were made which are not acceptable and it reflects on the whole bench and coaching responsibilities.

The afl is not happy and any football observer could not be happy with how this incident was handled.

The AFL has issued the Port Adelaide Football Club with a please explain regarding the concussion protocol management of Aliir Aliir, specifically in relation to the Club's decision not to undertake a SCAT5 concussion test following the Head Injury Assessment (HIA) that occurred during the third quarter of Saturday night's showdown at Adelaide Oval. Aliir returned to play after the initial HIA without a SCAT5 being undertaken," an AFL statement read on Monday.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty embarrassing really. Got smacked, made desperate decisions, looking absolutely rattled at all layers.
Yeah it's not good. Just heard Robbo describe it as shambolic ... and that's a pretty apt description. Everyone talking about a 100k fine to come out of the soft cap. This is a disaster.

Makes you wonder what the repercussions are for the club doc too

Yeah it's not good. Just heard Robbo describe it as shambolic ... and that's a pretty apt description. Everyone talking about a 100k fine to come out of the soft cap. This is a disaster.

Makes you wonder what the repercussions are for the club doc too
And Ken Hinkley was all about ignoring the concussion test as well going hard at the journos about putting player welfare first.. looks like a dickhead now. Hopefully this gets him on the wrong side of the media

Bergman not listed! Reportedly has groin issues.

I'm concerned they have been hammered before and during the break. Wines? said before the break that the recent training had been the heaviest he had had in-season.

Last game was weird though. Fitness of many aside, mentally they didn't seem "on".

Wondering if something important is going on at the club.

Bergman not listed! Reportedly has groin issues.

I'm concerned they have been hammered before and during the break. Wines? said before the break that the recent training had been the heaviest he had had in-season.

Last game was weird though. Fitness of many aside, mentally they didn't seem "on".

Wondering if something important is going on at the club.

I thought being in the final group to have the bye would help us in the back end of the season but it feels like we limped into the break.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Injury 2023 Injury Updates Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back