Injury 2023 Injury Updates Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

The club must have some faith healing guru hiding down there as there can be no other explanation for what's go on at present.

Complete mess and through total mismanagement we'll probably crash out as easy beats come finals time. But once again nobody will be held accountable for the horrible depth we have, the gross way we go about rehabilitation and that current state of the whole footy department.

Instead we can look forward to christmas stockings full of 'the run '23'.

This is what happens when a tv show moron with no footy experience becomes the be all of a supposed professional sporting body.

July 1st - 5 GAMES AGO!!!!

WON'T NEED KNEE SURGERY......

Proceed to win 2 games WITHOUT Lycett.

Then RISK him in 2 games and LOSE both.

Then pull him out last week and instead of having the surgery immediately.... Waste another entire week.... Then.....

Unbelievable.

Some of the most horrendous player management you'll ever see.

Honestly it's footy karma.

Had we just popped him into surgery 5 weeks ago, he'd be close to fit again by now, be ready for our race to top 2 and clearly ready for finals. All whilst having ZERO impact on our results as we lost every game he was involved in anyway.

Instead we now can't be sure if he'll be back for the QF, and he'll miss our critical next 4 games, of which it would appear we must win 3 minimum, while hoping Bris lose to Coll and Melb drop one to Syd or Carlton.

All so they didn't have to play Hayes.

The club must have some faith healing guru hiding down there as there can be no other explanation for what's go on at present.

Complete mess and through total mismanagement we'll probably crash out as easy beats come finals time. But once again nobody will be held accountable for the horrible depth we have, the gross way we go about rehabilitation and that current state of the whole footy department.

Instead we can look forward to christmas stockings full of 'the run '23'.

This is what happens when a tv show moron with no footy experience becomes the be all of a supposed professional sporting body.

My faith needs more than healing

More like a triple bypass

If our doctors weren’t to get sacked for how they dealt with the concussion saga, they should be getting sacked for how badly they’ve managed Lycett and Dixon’s injuries.

I think that is a bit tough. We had no choice but to play both Lycett and Dixon whenever we could. Lycett is the only experienced ruckman we have and Dixon is the only key forward we have. The doctors may have made a call on both players and the PAFC Football Dept may have opted to ignore the advice. If we hadn't played both Lycett and Dixon we probably would not have been playing finals anyway.

I think that is a bit tough. We had no choice but to play both Lycett and Dixon whenever we could. Lycett is the only experienced ruckman we have and Dixon is the only key forward we have. The doctors may have made a call on both players and the PAFC Football Dept may have opted to ignore the advice. If we hadn't played both Lycett and Dixon we probably would not have been playing finals anyway.

Bullshit. We could have given Hayes half a dozen extra games last year and another half dozen this year and he might be looking like a competent ruckman.

Dixon's had some decent efforts but our forwardline actually looked most dangerous in the first of the year when there was a lot of movement and we weren't going with the tried and true "bomb it long to Charlie's head" tactic.

We're not in a do or die final, they constantly play injured players to prop up donuts W/L.

No choice?

Port with Lycett this year: 8W 3L
Port without Lycett last year: 6W 1L
Port with Dixon this year: 8W 3L
Port without Dixon this year: 6W 1L

Doesnt look like we are that much worse off without them, really. Especially Lycett, given he has been subbed off in 2 or 3 of our wins.

No choice?

Doesnt look like we are that much worse off without them, really. Especially Lycett, given he has been subbed off in 2 or 3 of our wins.

Looks like we will be putting that theory to the test over the next few weeks. I do not like our chances.

No choice?

How many of those games have we played without Dixon, Lycett and Aliir.

Then you factor in some of the next in depth, Georgiades, Hayes, Clurey, all injured.

We'll lose tomorrow, you can put your house on it. A win would require a monumental midfield domination, for 4 quarters, something we haven't done all year.

If we hadn't played both Lycett and Dixon we probably would not have been playing finals anyway.
Over the last two years we've lost more games than we've won with Lycett and we've won more games than we've lost without Lycett, so no.

Lol we absolutely did not have to play Dixon or Lycett.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol we absolutely did not have to play Dixon or Lycett.

Easy to talk in retrospect but when we looked for alternatives they were not really there and the fact that we won without them was in spite of replacements not because of them. If we won without these guys in the past we will win without them today won't we?

Last edited:
Is concussion football an injury or a seperate topic. IMO it is a huge issue and a seperate discussion. It is one thing to have a football view on coaches, players, draft picks, management etc. jay shultz whom we enjoyed his port career now has to live with the legacy of a different and horrible era re head knocks. Our club was horribly wrong in allir going back on the ground and deserves penalty, criticism. They have admitted error of judgement and imo got off very lightly. I just that hope both jones and allir do not have any lingering results.

The footy season goes too long. Most blokes are banged up. Careers are being shortened. Sure there’s the odd outlier like Boak but most are pretty cooked now early thirties, or by round 15-20 of most seasons. This is one reason I do rate the pre finals bye.

Is concussion football an injury or a seperate topic. IMO it is a huge issue and a seperate discussion. It is one thing to have a football view on coaches, players, draft picks, management etc. jay shultz whom we enjoyed his port career now has to live with the legacy of a different and horrible era re head knocks. Our club was horribly wrong in allir going back on the ground and deserves penalty, criticism. They have admitted error of judgement and imo got off very lightly. I just that hope both jones and allir do not have any lingering results.

We have a seperate thread for it

Good but i still cant find it. What is it called? Ty

Remove this Banner Ad

Injury 2023 Injury Updates Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back