Injury 2023 Injury Updates Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

This year he has had a rib injury, a knee injury, a quad injury, an ankle injury and a foot injury. He's basically the black knight from The Holy Grail. You can't possibly manage a player who has had that array of injuries. The only way to manage him is to permanently keep him in the stands..

He's still a valuable player but if he can't get on the park without injuring a different part of his body then you have to consider if it's worth it. His style of play is combative and he has already injury prone which has got worse as he has aged. There's not much to suggest it will be better next year.

This year he has had a rib injury, a knee injury, a quad injury, an ankle injury and a foot injury. He's basically the black knight from The Holy Grail. You can't possibly manage a player who has had that array of injuries. The only way to manage him is to permanently keep him in the stands..

He's still a valuable player but if he can't get on the park without injuring a different part of his body then you have to consider if it's worth it. His style of play is combative and he has already injury prone which has got worse as he has aged. There's not much to suggest it will be better next year.
scratch-hurt.gif

Geez I reckon Charlie is harshly criticised at times. He has been battling and giving it his all under serious duress and still our most serviceable key forward, not to mention pinch hitting in the ruck.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
The fact that he's always battling and giving his all under serious duress is a huge issue.

He's incapable of giving his all under no duress

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The fact that he's always battling and giving his all under serious duress is a huge issue.

He's incapable of giving his all under no duress

How do you respond to the bit about him being our most serviceable key forward even when he is completely banged up. I’d be okay with delisting him if others were ready to step up in his absence. But they haven’t been. Marshall has gone backwards, finlayson is hot and cold, lord not ready and Georgiades nursing an ACL.

How do you respond to the bit about him being our most serviceable key forward even when he is completely banged up. I’d be okay with delisting him if others were ready to step up in his absence. But they haven’t been. Marshall has gone backwards, finlayson is hot and cold, lord not ready and Georgiades nursing an ACL.

Your number 1 forward should be more often than not significantly better than 'servicable' no matter what.

Meanwhile, how are we only finding out Dixon has a fractured foot now, a week after he got injured at training?

Shambles.
Our medical department has been embarrassing for a few years now. These late surgeries and late identification of issues, combined with some horrendous mismanagement and then the Aliir saga....

Its phenomenal that we haven't seen more change.

Our medical department has been embarrassing for a few years now. These late surgeries and late identification of issues, combined with some horrendous mismanagement and then the Aliir saga....

Its phenomenal that we haven't seen more change.
Nobody at David Koch FC loses their job no matter how terrible at it they are.

Started losing before any injuries.

Started loosing when we ‘rested’ 6 or 7 players against Carlton. Not through injury but was the start of the constant disruption every week since. Can’t be making that many changes 4 weeks on the trot whether it’s injury or not.

If Dixon is to receive a 2 year contract we sure as hell need to look at some or all of the following:
  • Get him to drop a few kg's to take the strain of his knees and ankles as we did with Tredrea.
  • he needs to be closely managed during the regular season
  • we need to change our forward line strategy so that Dixon can play more one on one and not have the ball kicked long and high on top of his head.
  • I imagine, like Buddy, that his training workload will be further reduced.
  • He should, under no circumstances, be engaging in any ruck contests.

Dont worry about Charlie- it’s only a flesh wound. Let him play and he will bite their legs off.

Delist Dixon ffs. He's not even that good. His goal tallies are mediocre, his injury history sucks, he's well the wrong side of 30. We are not going to gain anything keeping him on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Injury 2023 Injury Updates Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back