List Mgmt. 2023 List Management and Trading (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Do you have a link to the article? I can't find anything on Google or the AFL website. Not doubting you, just trying to find the article you referenced.
From the article below:

"For instance, it would have allowed Adelaide to list one of Rory Sloane or Taylor Walker as a veteran for 2024 and opened up another spot on their primary list. The idea was designed to keep veterans in the game without sacrificing a list spot that a youngster may have taken, with the veteran’s full payments still counted in the salary cap."

There's a link in the post above

Why do GC do that IF the reported offer from the dogs is 10, 17 and F1 with a few 3rd rounders for points going back to the dogs - that beats our offer above
I reckon the Crows will end up with that pick 10 (11) after that Dogs deal goes through, imagine pick 21 & 25 (Melbourne’s 2nd rounder) - after weird swap to avoid giving back GC’s pick & that will be traded to GC for 10. Basically 1,634 points for 1,395.

The interesting thing will be if the club then look to try to package 9 & 10 (10 & 11) together for Melbourne’s pick 5 or GWS’ pick 6.

So Dogs pick 4 all but a certainty now. Three first rounders they are giving up. The question is for who? Watson or Mckercher?
Watson..but the real question is - can we snare pick 10 from them using our 2nd rounders. If we can and we have any of them left over, can we then trade them into next year

I reckon the Crows will end up with that pick 10 (11) after that Dogs deal goes through, imagine pick 21 & 24 will be traded to GC for 10. The interesting thing will be if the club then look to try to package 9 & 10 (10 & 11) together for Melbourne’s pick 5 or GWS’ pick 6.
Not sure its worth trading up to pick 5 if we have 9 & 10. The better strategy might then be to dangle pick 9 for F1 and change so we go to this draft with 10, the Doedee compo (may even be band 2?) and the McAdam compo. Would leave us next year with 2 x F1 and maybe extra

Why?

A tweener defender height wise, not quick, always had question marks over his endurance and Sydney have been very patient with him. Booming kick is his only real weapon?

.Parnell has never been the same after his concussions and Hamill sadly looks like he is going down the Seedsman path. Gould would hardness to our backline.

Why?

A tweener defender height wise, not quick, always had question marks over his endurance and Sydney have been very patient with him. Booming kick is his only real weapon?

Less than zero
Tough nut. Would be good for our backline. Compliments Worrell. Isn't a choir boy and goes into bat for his teammates.
Thanks all. I remember thinking he'd be a good draft for us and have watched precisely zero minutes of him since he went to Swans.

Not sure it’s worth trading up to pick 5 if we have 9 & 10. The better strategy might then be to dangle pick 9 for F1 and change so we go to this draft with 10, the Doedee compo (may even be band 2?) and the McAdam compo. Would leave us next year with 2 x F1 and maybe extra
I would look to do that instead as I don’t think there’s much special after pick 3/4 in this draft but get the sneaky feeling Hamish has identified someone they want in the top 6/7 this draft, probably Connor O’Sullivan, we all know they can’t resist a tall in the top 10 despite being burnt.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why?

Because he’s a better player than Parnell and Borlase

So Dogs pick 4 all but a certainty now. Three first rounders they are giving up. The question is for who? Watson or Mckercher?
Personal opinion: WCE take Reid, NM take Duursma and Curtin (one of these two clubs bids on Walters) - West Coast need a mid, North have loads and need talls like Curtin. So it's moreso down to Hawthorn, who are already stacked with talented midfielders (Day, Newcombe, etc.). I personally think they take Watson - a super talented player in a position they need more. Meaning, if I'm right (bearing in mind that I'm just taking shots at what I think clubs need), McKercher drops to the Dogs selection.

Not sure its worth trading up to pick 5 if we have 9 & 10. The better strategy might then be to dangle pick 9 for F1 and change so we go to this draft with 10, the Doedee compo (may even be band 2?) and the McAdam compo. Would leave us next year with 2 x F1 and maybe extra
Is it a good idea to put so much into next year when we don’t know how high Welsh will be bid on? We would potentially then have to trade both firsts into the following year which would be pretty damaging.

Is it a good idea to put so much into next year when we don’t know how high Welsh will be bid on? We would potentially then have to trade both firsts into the following year which would be pretty damaging.
If we still hold a strong hand this year and can strengthen next years hand (assuming we have exhausted all trade options for an A Grade mid this year), then we should be doing that. Look at GC this year - there is no reason they should be any less over the barrel than we will be next year re academy / f/s affecting our 1st(s) - so if we can't trade up, then trading out next year should net us an absolute premium if its a top 10 pick per chance in a draft supposedly very strong with midfielders.

Why not Jarrod Berry ok had a couple of moments in GF but he has real talent .
Look we have the money and draft picks and would not be over expensive draft wise and lets face it if EH can join his brother why can't Jarrod join his.

Isn't his shoulder reportedly wrecked?

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2023 List Management and Trading (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back