List Mgmt. 2023 List Management and Trading (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Do you have a link to the article? I can't find anything on Google or the AFL website. Not doubting you, just trying to find the article you referenced.
From the article below:

"For instance, it would have allowed Adelaide to list one of Rory Sloane or Taylor Walker as a veteran for 2024 and opened up another spot on their primary list. The idea was designed to keep veterans in the game without sacrificing a list spot that a youngster may have taken, with the veteran’s full payments still counted in the salary cap."

There's a link in the post above

Thinking further - I'm more interested in Barnett than Chol.

If the Himmelburg pick and something else small got us Barnett, I'd be very happy with that.

Pick 23 last year - big man that takes a few years to develop. West Coast would be looking for something between 18-25 for him and quite rightly so

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Pick 23 last year - big man that takes a few years to develop. West Coast would be looking for something between 18-25 for him and quite rightly so

Tim English took until his 5th season to break out.

We absolutely should be asking the question.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clearly you didn’t. What’s the thoughts on list management for doing so.
I don't want Chol, so I don't agree with making offers for him.

I don't agree with giving Sloane an extra year or signing Lemmens.

I do agree with getting Burgess and strongly support the aggressive approaches made to get Oliver.

They haven't actually asked me for those opinions but there you go.

Assuming Chol gave us an opportunity to look at Thilthorpe as number 1 ruck
And nothing wrong with having a decent back up on AFL average money in key position

I understand the thinking - I just don't agree with it.

I like the idea of getting another ruck-forward, but don't think Chol is the best choice.

I'd be giving both a big miss, Arlo is one the pro recruiters look to have got 100% right and the amateur draft watchers real wrong.

He's definitely worthy of a rookie list, lot of injuries at the pies but needs to be played in the middle which unfortunately he never got much time in. You've gotta have him above Lemmens!

He's definitely worthy of a rookie list, lot of injuries at the pies but needs to be played in the middle which unfortunately he never got much time in. You've gotta have him above Lemmens!
"lot of injuries" that should scare us for a start. Collingwood would know the situation.

"lot of injuries" that should scare us for a start. Collingwood would know the situation.

Yea, he's had a fairly average run though wouldn't say he's one of those guys that is highly susceptible like a Hamish Hartlett for example. You just never know with the right fitness staff...if Burgess can't sort him then nobody can.

Speculation on the Brissie board is that his shoulder is cooked and can't stand up to playing inside.
That's a concern as it's his 1 wood.

Not higher enough skilled to be an outside midfielder.

Not too sure the reasoning behind Chol. He was passable in the AFL but barely. But how would he go as the 4th target behind Tex, Fog, and rankine. Perhaps with a lesser defender he would be a 40 goal a year AFL forward and a stop gap between Tex retiring and Welsh coming through.

There is one reason only we are looking at Lemmens ( well apart from meringue) and he fills the games played experience tick at 145 games
It would also open up an extra list spot at gold coast, letting them take in more points to match bids on their academy kids. Could be a valuable part of a deal to get pick 4 (or pick 10 from the Dogs, if they get 4).

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2023 List Management and Trading (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back