List Mgmt. 2023 List Management and Trading

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not what I meant but sure
Doubt St K and RTB accept a 2024 pick, and don’t think Port will be able to trade their 24 pick into 23 without an overpay (clubs seem less and less willing to do this). Port won’t be that bad next year either, so the promise of ‘we won’t be as good’ to any team to which they offer their 24 1st will be hollow

Doubt St K and RTB accept a 2024 pick, and don’t think Port will be able to trade their 24 pick into 23 without an overpay (clubs seem less and less willing to do this). Port won’t be that bad next year either, so the promise of ‘we won’t be as good’ to any team to which they offer their 24 1st will be hollow
Or he just waits a year

Obviously but there are but the stats on stoppages attended arent available.

I never mentioned Crouch so that’s a dumb point.

Can you provide any evidence to support your claim?

i mentioned crouch as an example of a player who racks up possessions at stoppages but isn't in our 1s and couldn't get another club interested. Laird is an accumulator with little hurt factor, this is why he's not an elite mid and would be a foot soldier in high end midfield groups. Accumulators just aren't valued that highly, good clubs want weapons with the possessions.

Article says he wont play this year..

You’d have to think, given he’s out of contract at years end, that at his age, with his concussion risk issue and now two whole years out of the game that he wont play again..

Strange that he hasnt simply retired.. surely the AFL would allow a full payout of remaining contract and just let him move on with his life instead of still having to remain on the list (as an inactive) for another year..

of course the AFL would allow a full payout, it's his last year, his contract has the be paid in full in this year's cap. He's on the list because that's the best outcome for him and now that we're past the draft, it's no difference to us. The obsession with needing to see him formally retired is strange. It was understandable pre-draft, but not now.

So the player people on here keep mentioning as a KPD prospect Ethan Phillips overlooked again in favour of an Irish journey man who has played 13 AFL games in his 6 years on an AFL list with the Saints. Seems Brisbane Lions list Manager Dom Ambrogio and Head Recruiter Stephen Conole don't rate him either?

they the guys that delisted Keays?

i mentioned crouch as an example of a player who racks up possessions at stoppages but isn't in our 1s and couldn't get another club interested. Laird is an accumulator with little hurt factor, this is why he's not an elite mid and would be a foot soldier in high end midfield groups. Accumulators just aren't valued that highly, good clubs want weapons with the possessions.
would you call Liberatore and Viney foot soldiers?

Interesting we took a 192cm midfielder Collingwood cast off who wasn't Caleb Poulter.

Seems like we now know who never made it onto Hamish's YES list.
I'd be happier if we passed on both but I guess time will tell.

What about Kobe Ryan for the last list spot?

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
Kobe is a real goer but we should be really addressing our KPD back up so my preference would be one of 2 SA lads North Adelaide's Shaun Bennier or Centrals Brodie Tuck. Both already solidly built and both capable at both ends. Bennier I'd slightly preference solely on his athleticism but both would be worth a 1 year rookie deal to see what they've got.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kobe is a real goer but we should be really addressing our KPD back up so my preference would be one of 2 SA lads North Adelaide's Shaun Bennier or Centrals Brodie Tuck. Both already solidly built and both capable at both ends. Bennier I'd slightly preference solely on his athleticism but both would be worth a 1 year rookie deal to see what they've got.

Bennier is interesting , I wish he was 3cm taller

Bennier is interesting , I wish he was 3cm taller
1 bloody inch Isn't going to make one iota of difference....and he's another with a December birthday so there's a very real chance he'll grow that 3cm anyhow.

Laird isn’t elite but he’s definitely an A grade mid

Is he a great kick - no , goalkicker no … these are the 2 things that hold him back from elite

He’s an elite loose ball get player ( loose ball gets are contested possessions ) , elite tackler , elite clearance and good inside / outside balance

The swans players were apparently taking the piss out of Parker for how much Laird dominated against them

He regularly plays well against some of the best mids in comp

I’d even say he’s underrated by some on here , just because he’s not elite doesn’t mean he’s no good

So we basically run 5 mids through there, against Port it was 4. Port ran 6 against us and smashed us. Another ? on Nicks.

Our number seems ridiculously low. We’ve got how many mids on our list? Why? Scattergun approach with our drafting to get to 4-5 who can play?

The number should increase this year with Rachelle, Rankine and Sloane. Ideally Pedlar would get the odd burst too so see how he goes.
Soligo needs more centre square time too , he’s got stoppage craft ( as has Rankine and Rachele )

Soligo with another year in weights room has put on some size too

Soligo needs more centre square time too , he’s got stoppage craft ( as has Rankine and Rachele )

Soligo with another year in weights room has put on some size too
Still think we’ll see Laird/Keays/Berry/Schoenberg as the main midfield rotation, hopefully guys like Laird and Keays spend a little less overall time in there to accomodate for bursts from Soligo/Rachele/Rankine

Can see Soligo spending equal time between mid and wing eventually, a la Merrett

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back