List Mgmt. 2023 List Management and Trading

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting in Elliot Yeo cheap would be great
Have him under Burgess fitness program that’s an AA quality mid right there

Elliot Yeo will be 30 start of next season and is basically already cooked physically

Pass

Yeah, but we are high level irrelevant when it comes to plucking a player out of a Melbourne club. You must agree with that? Just reminded me ins very overt way that we are a long way behind in any conversation for vic based talent.

I’m ok with the result. We need a midfielder more than a really good half back flanker. The upside was the possibility of getting that upgrade of our list for free.

Actually, I think we also need a ruck that can help our mids … that can add more than just being the biggest guy on our team. Would everyone be against Grundy? I would take him happily into our 22. That’s another discussion …

My head has accepted that we are maybe 3 or 4 years away from really pushing for a premiership … So plenty of time to fix our problems around coaches, coaching and the list holes.
What other Vic talents have gone to non Vic clubs recently?
Are we on our own there?

The type of player Yeo is would be a good fit for us

It’s just a matter of if he can stay on the park, would need to be cheap as chips
Yeo's broken down 4 times this year ......hasn't been able to string more than 3 games together .....at 29 YO it would be one of the biggest "Hail Mary" calls this club has made

Would we ....should we, look at Baldwin ? ......gotta say, I haven't seen much of him at all this year

Scott said Sam Weideman was in the frame for a recall in the vacant key defensive post after he switched to the backline in the VFL following his omission last week.

The former Demon impressed with 24 disposals and 13 marks in a narrow loss to Williamstown, but a fit-again Kaine Baldwin looms as the frontrunner for the spot after playing in defence at senior level earlier this season.

Yeo's broken down 4 times this year ......hasn't been able to string more than 3 games together .....at 29 YO it would be one of the biggest "Hail Mary" calls this club has made
I agree, but IMO a risk worth taking if he doesn’t cost much, which he shouldn’t given age and injury history

I agree, but IMO a risk worth taking if he doesn’t cost much, which he shouldn’t given age and injury history
Why would WCE give Yeo away .....makes no sense

They will only trade players to get Draft Capital ......Yeo's only worth a 4th rounder ....or a player swap

just checked - is it?

The "narrator" piece as if it was a voiceover to a movie made after the fact was the joke - I don't think anything has been announced, and there's very little chance it will happen.

Even if they acknowledge his Aboriginal heritage and allow him to join the NM academy now, he still could only be selected after pick 40, unless they change that as well, which is really unlikely.

Which Sydney mids not getting games ?

Stephens a pass for mine

Ryan Clarke a pass too

They will get academy kid Cleary who will get some games next year

Who else you thinking ? Jaiden Magor a local and potentially interesting but not a pure mid , at least yet
I think there's also a few pure mids they're pushing to flanks and the wing.

Look, they're not overrun, but I reckon there's a few who may look to a different role.

Those things make it look unfair, but you need to understand that the most important thing to the AFL, when assessing fairness, is what the AFL wants.

The AFL wanted to help the Suns fix their cap problem.

The AFL wants North to not be so terrible.

The AFL wants Brisbane to succeed, because they are in QLD.

The AFL doesn’t have any interest in helping us, or for example the historically bad Weagles, because we serve up reliable viewers, decent crowds, don’t complain, and aren’t broke.
The AFL doesn't give a shit about North Melbourne, let's be fair.

Gold Coast and Brisbane, absolutely they do.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think a possible solution is to increase their salary cap for 5 years so they can poach quality players by outbidding anyone else. Then they can work out how they can manage their cap in the mid to longer term after the 5 years comes to an end. Leave the draft alone as the other bottom sides need that top end talent too and north already will have pick 2 in this draft
Increase their salary cap - do they even have that extra money to spend?

Why would WCE give Yeo away .....makes no sense

They will only trade players to get Draft Capital ......Yeo's only worth a 4th rounder ....or a player swap
All of the conversation out of Perth is that they'd pay Yeo's salary and we'd give up a decent pick for him.

Seems like wishful thinking.

No one is going to pay McKay a band one salary. Will be band 2 at best.
AFL will give North Band 1 compensation it will be effectively Pick 3.

His salary is irrelevant as they will manipulate whatever formula they use to ensure North get Pick 3.

Take that to the bank.:think:

All of the conversation out of Perth is that they'd pay Yeo's salary and we'd give up a decent pick for him.

I’d give up a third, nothing in the first two rounds though, especially considering where our 2nds are positioned currently

IF we were TPP tight, maybe .....but we're not ....so what's the advantage to us?

Get a crippled player and give up a valuable Draft Pick .....and lets be honest, WC are chasing 2nd round picks ......not 4th round, which is his value

33 games in 4 years .....At His Peak !

1690364979608.png

IF we were TPP tight, maybe .....but we're not ....so what's the advantage to us?

Get a crippled player and give up a valuable Draft Pick .....and lets be honest, WC are chasing 2nd round picks ......not 4th round, which is his value

33 games in 4 years .....At His Peak !

View attachment 1756582
They're not in any position to ask for a decent pick for him. With his injury history even getting a warm body from a random draft pick and 3/4 of his salary off the books for 2024 is a win.

Opposite and what you say makes sense, but it seems they are locked on to McKercher and will pair him with Sanders - so they will have a bunch of top end mids and not address their glaring list holes with a guy like Curtin say
The afl just loves helping low ranked teams pair up interstate drsftees

ever since bris successfully used it as a srategy we’ve seen GC do it (failed) with Luke/Rankine but then AFL manufacture compo so they can do it with Rowell/Anderson and now talk for the Tassie boys. Guarantee if they didn’t exist this year AFL would not be considering this approach as a possible compo strategy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back