List Mgmt. 2023 List Management and Trading

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nicks has said on reflection they did not use rankine at CBA as much as they intended
Watch for this to be corrected in 2024

So they had a plan and shelved it, like they did with Dawson last year. Surely that’s something you can correct on the run, but they didn’t. The reason why is why this coaching group won’t ever lead a team to a premiership.

I don't mind the odd CBA from Rankine if we are losing and need a catalyst.
But let's be honest, he's potentially a 50 goal small forward. You don't take that out of your forward line. Rachele is the one we need to be grooming as a CBA X factor mid. He's shown an ability to get centre clearances with very limited opportunities.

If you’re choosing between a player being an elite mid or a 50 goal small forward, you choose mid every day of the week. If he’s getting high 20s every week, he’s going to be kicking 30 anyway.

Nicks has said on reflection they did not use rankine at CBA as much as they intended
In fairness to Nicks he wouldn’t have had a chance to watch much footy this year, he has no say where a player trains and plays, the AFL needs to introduce weekly selection meetings where the coaches can discuss where they should play their players.

Last edited:
In fairness to Nicks he wouldn’t have had a chance to watch much footy this year, he has no say where a player trains and plays, the AFL needs to introduce weekly selection meetings where the coaches can discuss where they should play their players.

and unfortunately the line coaches are also not responsible for their areas. It's just a huge system devoid of architects.

It may not be. 2024 is a different year to 2023 and things like finding Dawson as a primary mid, alongside a team that lacks inside grunt (and forces a counter-attack style of play) may stop Rankine from being used in the middle.

It may not be. 2024 is a different year to 2023 and things like finding Dawson as a primary mid, alongside a team that lacks inside grunt (and forces a counter-attack style of play) may stop Rankine from being used in the middle.

if we don't use Rankine as an inside mid then we deserve to fail.

Better than Himmelberg. Do a swap with GC. Berg comes from Qld. Trade out ROB as well. Thilthorpe, Chol, Gollant, Strachan is enough ruck depth.
Do you think Gollant is genuine ruck depth? I.e. if Thilthorpe could play 75% in the ruck, Gollant could take the remaining 25%?

That would be a huge boost.

What about Borlase? Could he chop out at Ruck at AFL level?

The biggest change to the make up of our side could be Thilthorpe being effective in Ruck and adding a huge dimension around the ground that ROB doesn’t offer, but I would want him being used deep forward regularly, much like Melbourne does with Gawn.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

if we don't use Rankine as an inside mid then we deserve to fail.

I doubt we will go into that direction until Dawson midfield career ends or if trade/injury forces it and even then, I could imagine we'll be quick to abandon it, even with good results. Just doesn't fit as a move with how we're shaping up. Both with being a team who is in need of a very powerful forward line and we're going to see Rachele and Pedlars (+ Soglio) minutes jump in the midfield next year, seeing how our CBA's shaped up this year. I.e. we had 4 games where we used Rachele as our third mid, and both Soglio and Pedlar picked up a patches of minutes throughout the year.

If we dont hear anything this week surely Crouch is goneski and just waiting for Syd to get kicked out of finals
He's hardly played for two years and the club has been trying to move him for a while. He won't be at the crows next year. Don't worry we have that young bloke called Sloane. About to hit his straps.

Last edited:
So they had a plan and shelved it, like they did with Dawson last year. Surely that’s something you can correct on the run, but they didn’t. The reason why is why this coaching group won’t ever lead a team to a premiership.
You thought Nicks was conservative this year wait until 2024 when he's coaching for his job.

Do you think Gollant is genuine ruck depth? I.e. if Thilthorpe could play 75% in the ruck, Gollant could take the remaining 25%?

That would be a huge boost.

What about Borlase? Could he chop out at Ruck at AFL level?

The biggest change to the make up of our side could be Thilthorpe being effective in Ruck and adding a huge dimension around the ground that ROB doesn’t offer, but I would want him being used deep forward regularly, much like Melbourne does with Gawn.
We are thinking of turning a potential quality 1.91 mid-sized forward into a ruckman. Surely even Nicks isn't this incompetent.

Just like he shelved half the squad to play the same players every week regardless of form.

It is a worry that he genuinely thought we'd play finals with McHenry, Sholl and Murphy in the side even though we were only winning 50% of the time. What does that say about his coaching.

If Doedee, Butts and Murray stayed fit all year, would we have seen Worrell, Keane and Borlase? It really is a huge red flag it took until after the Essendon game for him to react on selection. 16 weeks too late. I think we would have genuinely played finals easily had he been brave to make opportunistic changes when form slumps occurred.

It is a worry that he genuinely thought we'd play finals with McHenry, Sholl and Murphy in the side even though we were only winning 50% of the time. What does that say about his coaching.
Given that the only reason we didn't play finals is because one of the three blind mice was standing between the big sticks during the Sydney game, I'd say he was correct...

Seriously, all of these "we'll never play finals with player X in the team" are mind bogglingly stupid. Every premiership team has players that aren't all that great, along with the champions. I give you Aaron Keating...

Given that the only reason we didn't play finals is because one of the three blind mice was standing between the big sticks during the Sydney game, I'd say he was correct...

Seriously, all of these "we'll never play finals with player X in the team" are mind bogglingly stupid. Every premiership team has players that aren't all that great, along with the champions. I give you Aaron Keating...
Yeah.. they might have one, maybe two at the very most, ordinary players..

Not 3 or 4

Murph
Sloane
Keays

Are all unreliable.. play the odd good game or good quarter here or there.. go missing or completely fxxk up in the big games/moments.. we saw this all year (the pies, gws and essendon games especially).. we saw it last year too. And these blokes arent inexperienced juniors. These are senior players.

Then we have Laird.. sure, gets plenty of posessions.. often does very little amounts of damage to the opposition with them though.. loves the old “kick and hope” forward to make it someone elses problem.. but hey, his stats look great!

Smith.. in decline. Some great games.. some poor games.

All these blokes are a lock for R1 next season and will be picked week in week out regardless of form and performance.. unless they get injured.

Its what happened last year. Its what happened this year and its what will happen next year.. its the clubs way. Seniors over juniors regardless of form and performance.

This “even GF winners have a shite player or two” comparison to us is laughable.. completely ignores everything we’ve seen from this club over the past few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back