List Mgmt. 2023 List Management and Trading

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t think they’ll bite at the Doedee compo, particularly as it might be Band 4, at this point

You’d be best trying to convince a team two picks either side of that GC 2nd to either give a F3 for an upgrade, or get a F3 for a downgrade
Yeah, it depends where Doedee falls (and if he leaves). Band 3 seems very gettable, as he only needs to be in the top 35% of the AFL - and we might get thrown a favour by the AFL ...

But you're right, we can move the GCS pick as well.

Both JHF and Rozee were targeted traded upgrades .....some would say, they sold the farm ....but I support that approach wholeheartedly

Only proviso is ....not when we were rebuilding, as we needed to many jigsaw pieces .....I do say now though, we're in a position to give up Draft Capital, for a targeted player
While we're theorising and just for fun... Would you trade TT for pick 1 this year??

I think Suns have just enough points as it stands, at the moment

So they probably would be fine with a small downgrade as long as they’re getting a good F1

Getting a team to bite at a downgrade to the GC 2nd, so we can on-trade that upgraded pick as part of our package, will be the tricky part

We have 47 as well - worth 316 pts.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I think that regardless of what phase you’re in, you can target a high class midfielder. Especially when your midfield relies largely on Crouch, Sloane, Keays and Laird.

Rebuild you need quantity - I would happily give up all of our draft capital this year (including any compo and trade) for the chance to get McKercher.

Rebuild you need quantity - I would happily give up all of our draft capital this year (including any compo and trade) for the chance to get McKercher.

Agree. The list and our apparent "poised" position as a club and team suggests this might well be a suitable time for a "sell the farm" trade/draft period.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Youth in early season .....experience later in the year ....24 game season is a lot for young bodies: Rachelle, Soligo in year 2, with no-where near the fitness, or resilience to handle big AFL bodies for long periods

Use to be a thing, Rookies would be played in 3 game blocks, then given recovery time ....I think it explains Nankervis, but also there were periods of games, Keane looked exhausted

I guess despite the best fitness guy in the land, our junior mids need longer than their contemporaries.

Look at how Port handled Rozee and Butters. Rozee had very little time in midfield in his first couple of years. People started to say he wouldn’t live up to his pick 5 status even at the start of last year.
Butters got more midfield time early on - and what did that do for him. Several decent injuries as his body couldn’t stand up.

I thought the plan was clear this year. Pedlar and Rachele have started to develop as mids with Sloane on managed game time taking the brunt of the physical stuff off them.
Unfortunately - and particularly as the year wore on - he wasn’t up to being good enough to do the role effectively

But I think the rational behind the two younger guys was sound and reasonable

Or that as finals approaches and the pressure dials up, we revert to type, as we’ve always done. And what of Rankine, he’s been in the system for a while, why wasn’t he favoured ahead of Sloane?

Rachele and Soligo played as midfielder in the first 8 weeks of the season and were excellent then tired so Sloane was used, Pedlar played as a midfielder at the back end of the season with Sloane moved out of the midfield and was very good. Rankine played up the ground and was excellent, has shown he has the tank to transition to the midfield. There is our future elite midfield moving forward.

Interesting that other second year mids can last the season. Maybe their fitness guys are better or tutor coaches manage them better. Which do you think is correct.

No, we traded that during the draft last year.

5. Adelaide gets 43, Suns’ future Round 2 and Cats’ future Round 3 - Gold Coast gets 79, Crows’ future Round 2 and Magpies’ future Round 3

6. Adelaide gets 50 - Brisbane gets Cats’ future Round 3
Gee that was a good trade for us

In: 43 (last year) and 22, 43 (this year)
Out: 79 (last year), and 27, ?52-54

Winners on every line

Interesting that other second year mids can last the season. Maybe their fitness guys are better or tutor coaches manage them better. Which do you think is correct.
And did any of those 2nd year midfielder you are talking about play more midfield in their 1st season?

And did any of those 2nd year midfielder you are talking about play more midfield in their 1st season?
Sample size is too small. Some second year players (even a few first year players) can go a full year with high minutes and kms, but plenty don’t hit their straps until later.

I was hoping at the time we could have given the Suns our future first, being our 2023 1st last year.
Given GC knew they were gonna have Walter/Read/Rogers coming through the ranks, they would’ve never considered that sadly

Ultimately it’s gonna end up a win-win, both Rankine and Humphrey are guns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back